Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Anyone think Treveling could pull off a Robertson for Ryan McLeod trade? Might take some selling but i'm sure Edmonton wouldn't mind a player like Robertson playing next to McDavid or Draisatl who are 2 of the best playmakers in the league. McLeod imo could possibly be an option at 2C here and it wouldn't hurt if we could lock him up for some term at a reasonable cap hit. At worst he's a very good 3C or 3LW. Edmonton also worse than us with the cap and have Bouchard to sign who will take up all their cap and Kostin a RFA and some other UFAs they might want to keep around. Not a huge trade or anything but if Edmonton could get a guy who could fit in that top 6 perfectly for under 800K then why not do it and hope he stays healthy for a guy they might struggle to re sign being an RFA and not much cap. Again though, maybe they are very high on him and will make moves to free up cap but I don't see that being easy when guys like Campbell is taking up 5 mil with like 4 more years and Yamamoto would most likely be the casualty but even with him gone they only free up 3 mil. Read reports that Edmonton would most likely bridge Bouchard for 2-3 years which could be a mistake because he's already putting up more points than Nurse and Nurse got 9 mil and Bouchards numbers are just gonna get better being the #1 guy on the PP now. Just wishful thinking maybe because both McLeod brothers would be great adds imo.
McLeod would be a great target. If we’re looking to change things up in the bottom six, McLeod and someone like Ross Colton would make a pretty good third line.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Flyers are going full rebuild. Might be a good team to try trade with to add a good piece.

I don't really care for Hart based on our needs but I do think Laughton and Konecny would be very good targets. Konecny will be expensive to get I suspect. Sanheim is a LD so it doesn't feel like he fits. Maybe you can try to pry someone like Allison or Frost?

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
If the Leafs are dealing with the Flyers I would want (assuming U23 players are off limits):

1. Cates
2. Farabee
3. Seeler

Sorted based on value relative to acquisition cost. Tippett, Konecny, Laughton, Hart would not be worth the acquisition cost.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

There is word Monday afternoon that the Ottawa Senators have begun examining the trade market for winger Alex DeBrincat.

One source referred to it as “Ottawa’s due diligence,” as, according to multiple sources, DeBrincat recently indicated he wished to wait until the completion of the Senators’ ownership saga before thinking of committing to a long-term extension.
Even if the Senators pick a new owner in the near future, there’s still the sale-closing process — which will take time.

DeBrincat needs a new contract for 2023-24. He is one year away from unrestricted free agency.

As a result, the team is considering all options, everything from taking him to arbitration to a trade. With the NHL Draft 23 days away, the Senators absolutely need to know what could be available in exchange.
(Neither GM Pierre Dorion nor agent Jeff Jackson would comment to Sportsnet.)

DeBrincat was fourth on the Senators in goals (27) and points (66) in 2022-23, but is one year removed from the second 41-goal season of his career. No doubt, there will be plenty of interest.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
In case anyone is super into Carter Hart as a target. He 2 years younger than Ilya Samsonov and their careers are almost virtually identical but reversed. Hart had a tremendous rookie season and fell hard while Samsonov has struggled until this season where he put up a 919%

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
In case anyone is super into Carter Hart as a target. He 2 years younger than Ilya Samsonov and their careers are almost virtually identical but reversed. Hart had a tremendous rookie season and fell hard while Samsonov has struggled until this season where he put up a 919%
Hart's also owed 4.5M with a $4M cap hit and a 4.5M qualifying offer. Its a much bigger gamble because of that

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I think most people look at that one season where Hart struggled like 2 or 3 years ago and think he's bad. Guys been in a rough situation pretty much playing on a team that's not the greatest defensively and he didn't get to develop much in the minors and rushed right to the NHL.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Hart's also owed 4.5M with a $4M cap hit and a 4.5M qualifying offer. Its a much bigger gamble because of that
Samsonov is gonna be paid that and he only has 1 season as a starter under his belt pretty much. Tbh I don't think you can really go wrong with either goalie but Hart would require assets to get. It would be interesting to see him on an actual team that can play defence and provide more offence for him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Provorov underlying numbers were rough but in a reduced role he might thrive. Flyers got a haul though and needed to inject some prospects for the rebuild.

Columbus is building up the Dcore to help out new coach Mike Babcock.

Blue Jackets add Flyers' Provorov in 3-way deal with Kings​

This three-way trade continues a notable offseason for the Blue Jackets. ESPN previously reported that the team is expected to hire former Red Wings and Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock when his contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs officially ends this summer.

Provorov gives them a veteran defenseman on the left side who can play behind star Zach Werenski. Provorov could be paired with rookie defenseman David Jiricek, who was the sixth overall pick in 2022.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Samsonov is gonna be paid that and he only has 1 season as a starter under his belt pretty much. Tbh I don't think you can really go wrong with either goalie but Hart would require assets to get. It would be interesting to see him on an actual team that can play defence and provide more offence for him.
I'll be surprised is Sammy gets 4+ and hes coming off a MUCH better season statistically. I wouldnt even gamble on Hart for free at this point with Sammy as an RFA and Woll signed. He could make sense elsewhere but i dont see the point or him demanding much of a return

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I read an article that mentioned Harts save percentage is pretty awful on the PK which brings his overall percentage lower but he’s one of the best 5 on 5 goalies and if he can improve his PK percentage then he’d easily be in the top 10 for goalies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think most people look at that one season where Hart struggled like 2 or 3 years ago and think he's bad. Guys been in a rough situation pretty much playing on a team that's not the greatest defensively and he didn't get to develop much in the minors and rushed right to the NHL.

As someone that follows the WHL as a season ticket holder I can tell you Carter Hart has unlimited potential coming out Junior with Everett WHL.

Check out his last 3 seasons in Junior hockey ..

1686092526287.png

1686092383713.png

If Treliving was in on Hart, I'd be thrilled !!!

Reactions: andora

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I agree that Samsonov and Hart are basically the same. They are young high upside swings. Not only would you have to trade assets for Hart who is essentially the same thing. But, Samsonov is coming off a year where he absolutely nailed it. I think if you are going to oust Samsonov, it will have to be a Hellebuyck or Saros level goaltender coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad