Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I see dubas adding an AHL top 6 forward.

We just moved Gaudette, Anderson, and Abramov. With the Marlies being the top team in the league expect us to add someone.
Yeah could see some tinkering there, especially if someone gets recalled as you might expect with the roster expand.

No overpays. I’m perfectly fine holding the firsts. Gonna need bullets in the off-season and next deadline too.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Can't help but feel one more move (or set of moves) is coming. Not a big one......but a significant one.

Reactions: Buds17

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Non event after the past two weeks. Will anyone even bother to turn the tv on?
I've always watched the deadline (same with the draft and free agency) since I was a kid. I booked off like 11-3pm in my calendar so no one would schedule a work call and yeah unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's going to be worth it. If we do something I'll turn it on but sadly won't sit there watching all day like usual.

Reactions: ACC1224

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
We may see a few more trades today. Some sellers haven’t moved pieces yet. Every west team not currently in a playoff spot could be a seller today. Philly hasn’t made any moves and they should.

I don’t think there will be anything monumental though

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McKenzie is saying the Leafs very likely could stand pat . Very likely could just call-up a forward with their remaining cap and rotate all the players on defense.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Maybe try to clear a contract out of the bottom 10 if there’s a tempting college UFA to entice (on top of Knies)?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
McKenzie is saying the Leafs very likely could stand pat . Very likely could just call-up a forward with their remaining cap and rotate all the players on defense.
Not expecting much with who is available. And again, tons of new players in. This is unprecedented. Only so much turnover you can create at one deadline.

Shipping out a guy like Gus and adding/swapping some Marlies depth is all I'm really expecting. But you never know...

Also I'll just put it here in case I'm right lol (I know I won't be). But I've been having a gut feeling that they swap Robertson for another player in a similar situation. I'm not sure why and there really isn't a point to it, but I don't know, I could see it.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
A defence man has to be moved.

I get the desire for depth, but 9 defenders makes no sense.

Holl is the one with value that is the most likely in trade and he’s a UFA. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be move for a 2nd or 3rd. We aren’t re -signing him for the $4-5 million he will want as a UFA and we already have replacements in oir pipeline. Already he is not in the plans in a Top 4 role. Get something for him now.

Kerfoot’s play last night cemented he isn’t going anywhere, and while he’s not my favourite player, at least he shows up, plays hard, knows our system, and has stayed remarkably healthy. He isn’t being moved, so I’m just going to hope he goes on a scoring streak for us. It’s not like he’s not getting any chances….

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Not expecting much with who is available. And again, tons of new players in. This is unprecedented. Only so much turnover you can create at one deadline.

Shipping out a guy like Gus and adding/swapping some Marlies depth is all I'm really expecting. But you never know...

Also I'll just put it here in case I'm right lol (I know I won't be). But I've been having a gut feeling that they swap Robertson for another player in a similar situation. I'm not sure why and there really isn't a point to it, but I don't know, I could see it.
If that happens, Tomasino is someone I’d love to get.

Ideally we flip Gustafsson for a 3rd. Use Boston’s 1st and the 3rd we acquire for Hayton and call it a day.

A defence man has to be moved.

I get the desire for depth, but 9 defenders makes no sense.

Holl is the one with value that is the most likely in trade and he’s a UFA. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be move for a 2nd or 3rd.

Kerfoot’s play last night cemented he isn’t going anywhere, and while he’s not my favourite player, at least he shows up, plays hard, knows our system, and has stayed remarkably healthy. He isn’t being moved, so I’m just going to hope he goes on a scoring streak for us. It’s not like he’s not getting any chances….
I’d consider Benn an NHL defenceman as well, he’s done fairly well when he’s played for us this year. That’s 10 NHL caliber dman. Not sure what’s the point of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad