Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Someone unaware of the wildfires I see.
LOL

Brad Treliving comes from the Flames and where there are Flames there is definitely fire. :wg:

1686094020089.png

Perhaps our GM is using the wildfires as a Smoke Screen to hid his actions,

1686095870072.png

1686095788777.png

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That ended up a nice trade for a retooling Flyers team. Provorov probably isn't going to move the needle much for the Jackets, but they're used to it at this point. Kings seem like they intend to waste that capspace too on an overpriced extension.

Funny to see only 1 winner in a three way trade

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Werenski - Jiricek
Provorov - Boqvist
Bean - Peeke
Mateychuk/Svozil

In whatever order.

Talk about high draft capital as their defense includes 6 X 1st round picks and Peeke an early 2nd rounder.

Zach Werenski- Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Ivan Provorov - Drafted round 1 #7 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Jake Bean - Drafted round 1 #13 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
Adam Boqvist - Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
David Jiricek - Drafted round 1 #6 overall 2022 NHL Entry Draft
Erik Gudbranson - Drafted round 1 #3 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
&
Andrew Peeke - Drafted round 2 #34 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Talk about building from the backend out, through strong defense.

New coach Mike Babcock is likely thrilled with that Dcore.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
To Toronto: Andrew Mangiapane + Dillon Dube + 2nd Round Draft Pick
To Calgary: William Nylander

• Haha
Reactions: LBloor

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'll be surprised is Sammy gets 4+ and hes coming off a MUCH better season statistically. I wouldnt even gamble on Hart for free at this point with Sammy as an RFA and Woll signed. He could make sense elsewhere but i dont see the point or him demanding much of a return
Samsonov just went 27-10-5 with a 919 save % and 2.33 GAA. Ville Husso went 25-7-6 with a 919 save % and a 2.56 GAA and got a 3x4.75 mil deal last summer. I don't see Samsonov getting anything less than 4 mil and that's why I hate players because all they need is 1 good season and it's always in their contract years when they have their best seasons to get paid.

LA gave up on Peterson pretty quickly it seems
Korpisalo looked really good for them in his short time there minus his playoff numbers. Peterson somehow got a 5 million dollar deal and Blake had to fix that mistake.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Samsonov just went 27-10-5 with a 919 save % and 2.33 GAA. Ville Husso went 25-7-6 with a 919 save % and a 2.56 GAA and got a 3x4.75 mil deal last summer. I don't see Samsonov getting anything less than 4 mil and that's why I hate players because all they need is 1 good season and it's always in their contract years when they have their best seasons to get paid.

Korpisalo looked really good for them in his short time there minus his playoff numbers. Peterson somehow got a 5 million dollar deal and Blake had to fix that mistake.

Samsonov has a career high of 44 games played, just posted a sub .900 sv% in the playoffs and is still an RFA.

I don't see him having a particularly strong arbitration case, so I think your 4.5 estimate is definitely on the high side.

His next deal should start with a 3

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

Husso - UFA
Samsonov - RFA

Bridge Sammy if we have to for 2 years, keep the AAV down.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If we plan on keeping Samsonov and running a Samsonov - Woll tandem next season, I can see the Leafs wanting to bridge Samsonov on a 2 year deal at 3 million per. That way Samsonov and Woll’s contracts both end up at the same time and with Woll being an RFA they can revisit and decide who to really invest in on their next contract and as our true number 1 goalie.

Reactions: Kurtz and Avilaj07

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Husso - UFA
Samsonov - RFA

Bridge Sammy if we have to for 2 years, keep the AAV down.
Do we really have any leverage just because he's an RFA? Some other team will pay him and then we're stuck with Woll who has played a total of 11 regular season games and 4 playoff games and has shown he can be very good when hot but also has shown he can be pretty bad. Then that forces us to keep Murray who isn't reliable. He signed a 1 year prove it deal here and he had his best season while starting 42 games. He's 26 and this will likely be his only chance to get a contract that pays well.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Samsonov has a career high of 44 games played, just posted a sub .900 sv% in the playoffs and is still an RFA.

I don't see him having a particularly strong arbitration case, so I think your 4.5 estimate is definitely on the high side.

His next deal should start with a 3
We don't have any leverage on this guy. We got an unproven goalie in Woll and an unreliable one in Murray. He signed a 1 year prove it deal and he had his best season. Maybe Treveling doesn't care and Samsonov refuses to play without one then maybe a sign and trade is what Treveling will do but that's a lot of pressure to put on Woll and Murray imo.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
We don't have any leverage on this guy. We got an unproven goalie in Woll and an unreliable one in Murray. He signed a 1 year prove it deal and he had his best season. Maybe Treveling doesn't care and Samsonov refuses to play without one then maybe a sign and trade is what Treveling will do but that's a lot of pressure to put on Woll and Murray imo.

Again, he's an RFA. And they can take him to arbitration if need be - he'd be forced to pay for the year under contract or not play in the NHL

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Again, he's an RFA. And they can take him to arbitration if need be - he'd be forced to pay for the year under contract or not play in the NHL
Ok I get that, but reading up on what he could possibly get it seems more likely that he can get more than 3 mil that some say. I saw a projection/prediction that he'll sign for 2 years at 4.5-5 mil.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That ended up a nice trade for a retooling Flyers team. Provorov probably isn't going to move the needle much for the Jackets, but they're used to it at this point. Kings seem like they intend to waste that capspace too on an overpriced extension.

Funny to see only 1 winner in a three way trade

I personally hope the Kings go on a bit of a spending spree and handcuff themselves out of being an Auston Matthews landing spot.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
All this would be even more toxic.. strongarming the serfs because of our upper class

No thank you to that deal.

Nylander has next level quality than all of the pieces above.
What year can that level show up and does it work in april through june?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Talk about high draft capital as their defense includes 6 X 1st round picks and Peeke an early 2nd rounder.

Zach Werenski- Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Ivan Provorov - Drafted round 1 #7 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Jake Bean - Drafted round 1 #13 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
Adam Boqvist - Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
David Jiricek - Drafted round 1 #6 overall 2022 NHL Entry Draft
Erik Gudbranson - Drafted round 1 #3 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
&
Andrew Peeke - Drafted round 2 #34 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Talk about building from the backend out, through strong defense.

New coach Mike Babcock is likely thrilled with that Dcore.
They're bizarro Leafs, great D meh forwards.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
And despite an allegedly great D core, and respected goaltending, they gave up the second most goals in the league last year. Their C group is very subpar. No#1 type C and it’s arguable that they have a couple of high end 3C’s at best.
& the #3 overall pick in this upcoming draft.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
And despite an allegedly great D core, and respected goaltending, they gave up the second most goals in the league last year. Their C group is very subpar. No#1 type C and it’s arguable that they have a couple of high end 3C’s at best.
Further proof that leaning too heavy any which way is a recipe for failure. Balanced rosters are the way to go. You need skill, brawn, speed, size, heart, balls.

Reactions: Fogelhund

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
My current roster:

Trades:

Weegar+Duehr+Vladar for Nylander+28OA
Colton for Jarnkrok (re-sign Colton 3Mx4)
Foegele for Lafferty
Samsonov for Petry+PIT 2024 2nd
Niederreiter for Brodie
Bastian for PIT 2024 2nd (re-sign Bastian 1.6Mx3)
Garland for Timmins

UFA:
Rodrigues 3.7Mx4
Schenn 1.55Mx2
Acciari 1.55Mx2

View attachment 715587

Schenn, Holmberg as extra. Demote Murray to Marlies. 3.4M in cap space with extras/demotions. Murray comes up if Vladar/Woll can not handle split minutes.
feel like id rather trade Marner to get better players than Nylander who will likely be a better contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille