LeBrun: Possibility of a top 4 RHD with term to Tampa?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id be open to trading manson to tampa… tampas got a lot of solid middle tier assets that would make a trade pretty interesting.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Who could the Lightning trade that would return a good top four Dman though?

Have no idea. I dont think we are looking for a top 4 D though. I think we are looking for more of a middle six player who can bring a presence and chip in some offense.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't like Foote that much personnally.

Vancouver 1st for Montreal 2nd is basically a 12 spots trade and we're giving a 4th?

I think Foote is going to be a decent top 4 moving forward and he’s still young. He’s not a superstar but still a big, good young RHD.

IMHO, two former 1st rd pick (Foote was taken 14th ov) for Petry is too much.

P.S.: oups, didn't see you added a (high) 2nd rd pick.

I realize that that’s why I added an early second to offset the value. This trade is centered around Footer for Petry (1.5M retained) and the difference is made up in swapping Vancouver’s first and Montreal’s early second round pick.

Reactions: samsagat

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Guess. :popcorn:

The guys we'd want to move to make cap space (e.g. Gourde, Johnson, Palat, Killorn--depending on who you ask) we can't move, and the guys we CAN move we mostly don't want to (e.g. Kucherov, Point). We do have approximately 6 million in cap space right now, though.

Well, you'll be able to move Killorn in July and after since his full NTC becomes a 16 team trade list at that point but I would think the preference would be Gourde based on production.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I really can't see Montreal trading Petry until they have a replacement in place, likely summer if at all.

Not if they have any hope of making the playoffs next year.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I offered to take Gourde so TB can free cap space in another thread about a Petry trade, but TB fans we're asking for a 1st rd pick, arguing that Petry wasn't worth more than a 2-3rd round pick... duh!!

And afterward, insinuating Habs fans were delusional about their players value..
You wanted both Firsts, Gourde, and Fortier for just Petry. Stop trying to be a victim to defend your asinine offer. What is with you and generalizing and wanting to be a victim. Oh woe is you, no one wants to overpay for Petry.

Reactions: Pongs21

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I gotta admit, I did not expect to see Point's name mentioned.
Point could be the odd man out in TBay, especially if they truly want the Cup. He has a lot of value right now, and should return a top four D man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad