LeBrun: Possibility of a top 4 RHD with term to Tampa?

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Guess. :popcorn:

The guys we'd want to move to make cap space (e.g. Gourde, Johnson, Palat, Killorn--depending on who you ask) we can't move, and the guys we CAN move we mostly don't want to (e.g. Kucherov, Point). We do have approximately 6 million in cap space right now, though.
We'll have absolutely no problem moving Killorn - he's just not the guy I want to get rid of. Wouldn't be too keen on trading Palat either with the renaissance season he's having.

The other 2, yes please.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
We'll have absolutely no problem moving Killorn - he's just not the guy I want to get rid of. Wouldn't be too keen on trading Palat either with the renaissance season he's having.

The other 2, yes please.
I presumed the OP was talking about an in-season trade (which we can't really do with Killorn).

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Good take. The so called “insiders” basically sell any journalistic integrity they have to stay relevant. They must know they are being used by NHL execs, but still allow it to happen.

They are paid to be used by the NHL, they sell hockey and the NHL helps sell them, journalists aren’t even journalists anymore never mind sports writers

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Johnson, Gourde 1st
for
Dumba & Greenway

Gourde and a 1st for Risto also makes a lot of sense.

(except for their NTCs)
Any trade that has more roster forwards going to Minnesota than are leaving is probably a non-starter. Don't have a lot of interest in Johnson or Gourde either, personally.

Reactions: Luckylarry

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I offered to take Gourde so TB can free cap space in another thread about a Petry trade, but TB fans we're asking for a 1st rd pick, arguing that Petry wasn't worth more than a 2-3rd round pick... duh!!

And afterward, insinuating Habs fans were delusional about their players value..

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The other 2, yes please.
Point has the most value. Could get a good (experienced) D man for him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No offense meant, but this is a pretty horrible take. Outside of Hedman, Point is probably the most valuable "playoff style" player on the Lightning.
Stamkos has taken on the more defensive minded role, which allows Point to succeed. Hedman is great, but needs help back there. Point would return that help.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Any trade that has more roster forwards going to Minnesota than are leaving is probably a non-starter. Don't have a lot of interest in Johnson or Gourde either, personally.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a single trade fixing the Wild.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Point for Dumba?

Ledge And Dairy

Alright so lets assume the average top 4 RD with even 1 extra year of term has a cap hit of around 4M+. Next year Tampa has Segachev, Cirelli, and Cernak all needing decent raises as well as Vasi's 6M raise kicking in next year. With only Shattenkirk, Rutta, Condon, and Carle coming off the books above leahue minimum, and only Killorn's contract changing to a M-NTC this seems like a really big stretch without someone waiving.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're significantly undervaluing Point. We're not trading our 23 year old 1C for Dumba. Or anyone, really.
Isn’t Stamkos the TBay top center? Plus, Dumba is what 25? IMO if the Lightning want a Cup they need to move Point for an upgrade on D. Hedman can’t do it all on his own.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Isn’t Stamkos the TBay top center? Plus, Dumba is what 25? IMO if the Lightning want a Cup they need to move Point for an upgrade on D. Hedman can’t do it all on his own.

You know, when I went shopping for a Jeep a few years back the salesperson kept pushing me towards a Dodge Grand Caravan. This kinda has that same vibe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad