News: Portzline: Jack Johnson has requested a trade

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nelson + Hickey/Seisenberg(UFAs) + 1st(worst of Islanders 2) For Johnson + Jenner

Staple did indicate the nyi would want someone with term if they move a 1st.I am guessing that is why you expand the deal to include Jenner?

Although,it is unlikely that Columbus would trade a top 4 D to LI, when both struggling teams are trying for a metro playoff spot.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Would Bieksa + 3rd be of interest? Bieksa is a UFA and a worse player, 3rd round pick evening out the difference.
Honestly if that was the best option maybe with retention ok. But I've been a juice fan since his rookie days in VAN. He went to BG here in Ohio. Doesn't KB3 (or is he 2 on the ducks?) Have a NTC though? If I remember that was huge for his signing because he didn't want to uproot his family and wanted that to be his final team. I honestly don't think he would have been ok leaving VAN if Kesler hadn't left and was also on the ducks. They were best friends and roommates on the road.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Staple did indicate the nyi would want someone with term if they move a 1st.I am guessing that is why you expand the deal to include Jenner?

Although,it is unlikely that Columbus would trade a top 4 D to LI, when both struggling teams are trying for a metro playoff spot.
That's also both our Alternative/assistant captain's haha. The 1st would be interesting depending on if it might be a lottery ticket but JJ is likely moved for picks or a 1 for 1 like Bozak.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Jenner to be would be better suited to our Bottom 6 then Nelson, maybe I am over rating Jenner's value

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's also both our Alternative/assistant captain's haha. The 1st would be interesting depending on if it might be a lottery ticket but JJ is likely moved for picks or a 1 for 1 like Bozak.

Reading recent comments from the Newsday beat writer Staple, it sounds like the isles are reluctant to move either 1st.
Freidman reports they are looking to move Brock Nelson for D instead. Nelson + lower picks+ a D prospect would be more likely to go before a 1st

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
OK, I guess. Players requesting a trade are prepared to go to any team other than the team they are on. I mean, he could end up in Arizona or Buffalo. What is he cashing in on? He is a UFA in 4 months.

edit: I'm not arguing just trying to understand.

Can't cash in on anything if you're only playing ~15 minutes a game. That's kind of the point. If he goes somewhere that sees and treats him as a top 4 D, he's in a much better negotiating position. Maybe he'll even do something with top a few months 4 minutes elsewhere and drive up interest/price in UFA.

Can't fault him for wanting to do everything he can to maximize his earnings given what he's been through financially.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Jenner to be would be better suited to our Bottom 6 then Nelson, maybe I am over rating Jenner's value
Jenner had that big 30 goal season.Looking at his other 4 nhl seasons and he is averaging about 13 goals a season and does not look very durable.
Not sure the isles bite.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jenner is a former 30g mid6 forward that can play wing or c and likes to bang. I wouldn't really use the 30g as an expectation because most of us thought that was an anomaly and he would be more of a 20/20 guy who is a physical leader. I'd look at other stats not points for ANY CBJ player you are looking for though because we play heavy heavy D and on top of that are just playing unnaturally cold on offense all year it's crazy.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I, for some reason, can see Vegas interested.

Sbisa just went down for 6-8 weeks and they could easily upgrade Brad Hunt.

They should also have the cap to sign him long term if they would be interested. And, just because you know, they have been like at the top of the league the whole year.

Another team “I wonder about” is the Winnipeg Jets...(Yes, Friedman).

AND LASTLY, Colorado...with brother Erik. Colorado could use another veteran blueliner to compliment G & Z and when Barrie’s healthy that’s suddenly a deep group.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

They should also have the cap to sign him long term if they would be interested. And, just because you know, they have been like at the top of the league the whole year.p.

The most surprising part of this post is that Sbisa's play will be missed. For several yrs he has had the ' all the tools,but no toolbox' label.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
From Nov 2016 article
Johnson, 29, is in the sixth year of a seven-year contract in which he is paid roughly $4.4 million per season. He has liquidated two homes and a luxury car and will only keep a negotiated sum of money from his earnings for living expenses. The total is reportedly $246,000 each of the next two seasons.

Four of the creditors will receive 10 per cent of Johnson’s future earnings if he signs a contract worth over $4.5 million that lasts at least three seasons.

Yeah, I can see why he wants to be put into a position to get more money.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA

They should also have the cap to sign him long term if they would be interested. And, just because you know, they have been like at the top of the league the whole year.

Another team “I wonder about” is the Winnipeg Jets...(Yes, Friedman).

AND LASTLY, Colorado...with brother Erik. Colorado could use another veteran blueliner to compliment G & Z and when Barrie’s healthy that’s suddenly a deep group.

Funnily enough Erik and Jack aren't related
I thought they were brothers too for years

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Weird to request a trade when he’s an upcoming UFA? CBJ is a real cup contender so why would he want to leave before having a chance to compete for a cup this year?

Has to be something he doesn’t like for him not to want to play the rest of the season there. Odd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad