18. Culkin
19. Ramage
20. Roy

21. Kanzig
22. Cundari
23. Kulak
24. Jooris
25. O. Roy

So many guys I want to rank higher but simply can't, cause we actually have depth in our pool for once. Ferland and Hanowski not in the top 15? Whaaaat?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
1. Monahan
2. Gaudreau
3. Poirier
4. Baertschi
5. Gillies

6. Granlund
7. Arnold
8. Knight
9. Wotherspoon
10. Klimchuk

11. Jankowski
12. Reinhart
13. Billins
14. Sieloff
15. Ortio

16. Agostino
17. Ferland
18. Hanowski
19. Culkin
20. Ramage

21. Roy
22. Cundari
23. Jooris

This is all I can remember.. I think. Janko definitely dropped for me, Arnold gained a lot of points, and Baertschi obviously dropped a few key spots

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I always find it hard to rank goalie prospects in relation to the rest, I mean who knows how there skill will translate or how long it will take them to be good. My top 10 went like this:

Monahan
Poirier
Gaudreau
Sven
Klimchuk
Jankowski
Granlund
Wotherspoon
Knight
Sieloff

The neat thing is I can see all of these guys having a spot in the next couple years.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Monahan
Poirier
Arnold
Sven
Gadreau
Granlund
Kanzig
Klimchuk
Sieloff
Djankowski
Wotherspoon
Knight

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
1-Monahan
2-Gaudreau
3-Baertschi
4-Poirier
5-Gillies
6-Janko
7-Granlund
8-Reinhart
9-Klimchuk
10-Knight
11-Arnold
12-Ferland
13-Kanzig
14-Agostino
15-Culkin
16-Kulak
17-Roy
18-Hanowski

After that, it doesn't matter a whole bunch to me.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Spent a solid minute and half on it, but none the less off the top of my head:

1. Monahan
2. Gaudreau
3. Baertschi
4. Poirier
5. Gillies

6. Klimchuk
7. Jankowski
8. Reinhart
9. Granlund
10. Wotherspoon

11. Knight
12. Arnold
13. Sieloff
14. Ortio
15. Agostino

16. Ferland
17. Hanowski
18. Culkin
19. Ramage
20. Roy

21. Kanzig
22. Cundari
23. Kulak
24. Jooris
25. O. Roy

So many guys I want to rank higher but simply can't, cause we actually have depth in our pool for once. Ferland and Hanowski not in the top 15? Whaaaat?

Shockingly close to mine. We do have quite a bit of depth in our pool now, which is nice.

I really think we should move a couple of these guys for D-men though.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
1. Monahan
2. Gaudreau
3. Poirier
4. Baertschi
5. Gillies
6. M.Granlund
7. J.Ortio
6. Klimchuk
8. Reinhart
9. Jankowski
10.Sieloff
11.Wotherspoon
12. Knight
13. Arnold
14. Billins
15. Agostino
16. Ferland
17. Hanowski
18. Kanzig
19. Kulak
20. Culkin
21. Ramage
22. Roy
23. Cundari
24. Jooris
25. O. Roy

Didn't spend that long on it my biggest riser is Ortio my biggest faller is probably Cundari.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
1. Monahan
2. Gaudreau
3. Poirier
4. Baertschi
5. Gillies
6. M.Granlund
7. J.Ortio
6. Klimchuk
8. Reinhart
9. Jankowski
10.Sieloff
11.Wotherspoon
12. Knight
13. Arnold
14. Agostino
15. Ferland
16. Hanowski
17. Kanzig
18. Kulak
19. Culkin
20. Ramage
21. Roy
22. Cundari
23. Jooris
24. O. Roy

Didn't spend that long on it my biggest riser is Ortio my biggest faller is probably Cundari.

Our lists are almost identical it seems. Did you forget Billins?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Shockingly close to mine. We do have quite a bit of depth in our pool now, which is nice.

I really think we should move a couple of these guys for D-men though.

We have depth, sure. But it would be nice to have some top end guys. Gillies and Gaudrea might be the only guys with elite potential, then it falls off to Poirer, Baertschi, Monahan, Granlund, Wotherspoon and Ortio as those high end supporting/depth players, in the top 6/4 roles.

And then its a toss up from there, where the range can vary. You can have a Brodie type player who becomes top 4 unexpectedly, or you can have a Nemisz type player who was expected to have a better career.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We have depth, sure. But it would be nice to have some top end guys. Gillies and Gaudrea might be the only guys with elite potential, then it falls off to Poirer, Baertschi, Monahan, Granlund, Wotherspoon and Ortio as those high end supporting/depth players, in the top 6/4 roles.

And then its a toss up from there, where the range can vary. You can have a Brodie type player who becomes top 4 unexpectedly, or you can have a Nemisz type player who was expected to have a better career.

While I agree most teams are luck to have two elite players. Im not sure why you think Monahan or Bart couldn't become elite guys. I assume you mean 1st liners..

Its good to keep in mind that we are still in the first year of the rebuild and we should get another elite piece at the draft.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
While I agree most teams are luck to have two elite players. Im not sure why you think Monahan or Bart couldn't become elite guys. I assume you mean 1st liners..

Its good to keep in mind that we are still in the first year of the rebuild and we should get another elite piece at the draft.

I see Mono and Bart as being 50-70 pt players. Obviously 1st/2nd line guys on any team, but not elite, league-leading scorers or anything.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Looking at the depth chart (and ceiling chart), here's a possible "future" line-up of Flames' young players and prospects, as I see it:

Gaudreau - Monohan - Poirer
Baertschi - Backlund - Klimchuk
Granlund - Jankowski/Agostino - Ferland/Colborne
Bouma/Hanowski - Knight/Arnold - Jooris

Brodie - Wotherspoon
Seiloff - Ramage
Roy/Cundari - Culkin/Kulak

Gillies
Ortio

Obviously some of these guys will bust. I think it would be better if we had a high end centremen, and two right handed wingers with top 6 potential. I also think another two top 4 defensemen are needed, in order to play the probabilities. Plus size would help. None of our skilled guys are large players for NHL standards.

While I'm in love with our prospect pool, reasonable speaking, there are holes that need to be addressed I think.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looking at the depth chart (and ceiling chart), here's a possible "future" line-up of Flames' young players and prospects, as I see it:

Brodie - Wotherspoon
Seiloff - Ramage

Gillies
Ortio

Obviously some of these guys will bust. I think it would be better if we had a high end centremen, and two right handed wingers with top 6 potential. I also think another two top 4 defensemen are needed, in order to play the probabilities. Plus size would help. None of our skilled guys are large players for NHL standards.

While I'm in love with our prospect pool, reasonable speaking, there are holes that need to be addressed I think.

I want to see Tim Harrison on the fourth line. Guy's a **** disturber.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
1. Monahan
2. Baertschi
3. Poirier
4. Gaudreau
5. Granlund

6. Klimchuk
7. Wortherspoon
8. Arnold
9. Reinhart
10. Knight

11. Sieloff
12. Gillies
13. Billins
14. Jankowski
15. Ortio

16. Agostino
17. Ferland
18. Hanowski
19. Culkin
20. Ramage

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Brodie - Wotherspoon
Seiloff - Ramage

Gillies
Ortio

You forgot the top 5 picks in the next 3 years

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys I really believe Reinhart has been a huge riser for us this year, much like Brodie. He hasn't really come out of no where, but the extent to which he's increased his production has been astonishing. I think the elite status of his brothers has really pushed him to elevate his game as the big brother doesn't want to be outdone by his younger siblings. He could easily become a gem, much like Granlund and looks to now have top 6 upside and not just a grinder. His has excellent hockey IQ, good 2-way game, and now he's scoring. I really hope he gets a callup here again soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad