Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
If there's not a gym leader who greets you with "ello, 'ello, 'ello. Wot's all this then?" I'll be severely disappointed.
7jD8Rcp.jpg

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Looking forward to journeying with you guys all over again. Man, the first couple weeks of Sun and Moon with our 2v2 battles were so fun.

May 27, 2012
Earth
In comparison to USUM/SM to X/Y. I liked X/Y a lot more. I feel like I had a lot of good times on those games. Especially when we had a good amount of people always battling each other.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If we had gotten USUM instead of SUMO to start with, I think people would have given a better reception to gen 7 lol.

But agreed, XY was the best, especially in terms of community on HF. I remember we were always battling, doing egglockes, etc. It was a fun time.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
X/Y will always be a favourite of mine mostly because it was what brought me back into the games after not really playing much since gen 2, and the first generation to really get me into the competitive side. But I don't think that they were actually better games than Sun and Moon. This particular community definitely seemed more active for X/Y, though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I thought both X/Y and Sun & Moon were really good.

Looking back, I'd probably give the edge to X/Y for availability of favourites and replay-ability, but I think Sun & Moon were the better "adventures" if that makes sense.

I never played the Ultra versions.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sun/Moon felt like a grand experiment. They were Gamefreak pushing the boundaries as much as they could and trying as much as they could likely in anticipation of the next games in the series being on the Switch and wanting to hit the ground running rather than being in a testing phase. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. I didn't mind Z-moves, but I didn't like the Festival Plaza. Alolan form pokemon were a cool idea I want to see more of (if for no other reason than it gives new spins on classic and popular mons and helps alleviate the issue of coming up with 100+ new mons every generation), and the idea of ride pokemon was a nice change of pace from HMs (though I might actually enjoy the idea of the ride mons actually being from your stock/party. Basically grant HM move type utility without the need to take up a move slot).

The biggest problem with Alola the area was that the separated island format made it seem a lot smaller than it really was. Kalos, on the other hand, I thought tends to get overlooked and underappreciated. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well vs earlier generations, but it does everything serviceably or better.

If I were ranking the regions (not the games on the whole. Just the structure and exploration of the regions/maps and whatnot), it'd probably be:

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola

1) Johto
2) Kanto
3) Kalos
4) Sinnoh (except for the snowy/marshy areas. That was bull****)
5) Hoenn
6) Alola
7) Unova

I want to get back into playing the games, but I keep putting it off because I have a buildup of legendary giveaway mons to finish claiming from all of last year (well, Jan-Nov). Guess I'm going to have to settle in and finish that up so I can get back to work. I also was playing a Platinum Nuzlocke last year until I wiped against Galactic Commander Jupiter. I'd like to do another Nuzlocke or some such thing again, but I'm not sure what. The Unova games haven't ever grabbed me enough to go back to them the more than 3 times I've played through BW/BW2 already.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People didn’t like Gen 6? I really enjoyed pretty much everything X/Y brought to the table. I liked mega evolutions. Also the closest I ever got to filling out the entire Dex. I would have if I bought the Hoenn remakes, but I never did.

Also twitter has made it impossible for me to picture the female trainer in Sword/Sheild as anything else but a really vulgar Scott

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Never even finished X and Y, can’t say that about any other Pokemon games that I’ve played.

ORAS saves that gen for me. Can’t say I expected them to remake Gen 3 and they f***ing nailed it.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
XY was amazing, SM had no replay value for me while USUM were slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad