Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Remember when two people on here ending up living on the same street? Good times.
Yeah, this was a fun story. I had posted something about living between two cities and Habsfan18 sent me a PM asking if we lived in the same city. Since we did, I asked if he wanted to get food with another friend of mine, but he couldn't drive so I offered to pick him up. When he gave me his address, it turned out that he lived on the same little crescent that I do, directly across from me. Pretty crazy coincidence.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So... about that Ultra Sun Nuzlocke...

I always start playing new save files that I get a few hours into and stop. I don't know why.

I hope we get new info on the 27th.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Not going to lie, I'm more excited for the Detective Pikachu movie than I am for gen 8 at this point.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I knew something was up when they kept uploading info about past regions

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.
- Late 2019
- Doesn't have the Pokemon GO mechanics from Pokemon Lets Go from the looks of the footage we got (random encounters are back)
- Starters are a Grass Monkey, Fire Rabbit, or Water Lizard
- Graphically looks similar to Lets Go

Didn't give tons to go on, but it looks good to me. Will be a pre-order 100%.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I love the new starters. Personally my favourite first stage Pokemon since Gen 1. The atmosphere and environments look enthralling, they seem to have nailed that aspect of the game. Looks like a more expansive Pokemon league? I do wish they would have kept the over world encounters and not gone back to random ones. I really liked that in the Let's Go games. Overall, it seems like the Switch is doing wonders for the series. I'm pretty excited, hope it can hold my interest longer than gen 7 did.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
First impression as a person who wants to like Pokemon but still can't......that looks really, really good. Probably good enough for a day one purchase. That overworld looks beautiful and really addresses one of my main criticisms which is how flat and dated the world design is. It was like they were still developing the game as if it had to be playable on a Game Boy.

That looks gorgeous. I am legit hyped.

Only problem is I don't want new Pokemon. I just want the OG 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad