Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
People didn’t like Gen 6? I really enjoyed pretty much everything X/Y brought to the table. I liked mega evolutions. Also the closest I ever got to filling out the entire Dex. I would have if I bought the Hoenn remakes, but I never did.

Also twitter has made it impossible for me to picture the female trainer in Sword/Sheild as anything else but a really vulgar Scott
Everything in gen 6 was so user-friendly

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Loved me X/Y, still think the worst Pokemon game was easily Black and White (even though I got that Pokemon virus). I was so hyped about that city in B/W and turned out to be more tedious AF than anything else. I don't mind Sun and Moon too much, the game is really beautiful on the handheld, loved a lot of the new Pokemon, and enjoyed the adventure. What I really dislike about the game is the journey sequence without gym badges and how they conducted the Pokemon in the world. If any Pokemon game doesn't come with potential rater, it's already an "F" game IMHO. Don't take away good tools of past games for future games, that is some shady EA-esque stuff.

My favourite Pokemon game is still Gold/Silver for me, but the most fun (and most hours) I had was with Sapphire/Ruby and their remakes.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Never even finished X and Y, can’t say that about any other Pokemon games that I’ve played.

ORAS saves that gen for me. Can’t say I expected them to remake Gen 3 and they ****ing nailed it.
ORAS was good but it has almost zero replay value for me outside of using wonder trade or something. Hoenn's diversity for random encounters is so f***ing bad. Zigzagoon and Zubat and Wingull everywhere... and like nothing else. Painful.

Kalos, in comparison, had tons of variety and it makes it a lot more fun IMO.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was reading on reddit that someone created the Generations Nuzlocke challenge. How it works is basically you take one game from every generation (or do the best you can, if you can't make it work perfectly) and nuzlocke them one at a time. The cool part is the team that you win one game with, you get to breed them as eggs and carry over level 5 versions of them to the next game to begin that nuzlocke. And any pokemon that die can't be used in any other games for the rest of the challenge.

It's definitely a big task when you consider that you might end up having to play through 7 generations of pokemon with an ever-shrinking pool of encounters to use :laugh: I'm close to the end of an HG nuzlocke currently and I think I'll stake a swing at Platinum using these rules when I'm done with it. Will be fun to see how far I can get before I either die or get too tired of it lol.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Gym tweet got deleted.

I loved ORAS, probably because I played RSE so much when I was younger (I played RBY when they came out, played GSC, played RSE and then took a break before buying HGSS.).

Honestly... I have a confession to make.

I never beat the Elite Four in:

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Let's Go Eevee, Let's Go Pikachu

I have a physical copy of every game except Fire Red. I have plenty of free time on my hands nowadays, but I'm not really interested in beating "super old" games. On top of having a physical copy of every main series game except Fire Red, I have physical copies of:

Pokemon Box
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon Colosseum Jirachi disc
Pokemon XD
Pokemon Battle Revolution

I may be missing one or two...

Reactions: S E P H

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think I've gotten physical copies of all the games except Pokemon Gold and Ruby. I had Ruby at one point, but lost it years ago.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I have enjoyed Pokemon Lets Go. The last game I played before that was Pokemon Crystal... I'll definitely pick these games up (Sword/Shield). Hopefully they incorporate some of the Pokemon Lets Go features in there and refine/expand/improve on them as well. Like having a Pokemon to follow or ride on.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have copies of every game since Gen 4, along with Fire Red/Leaf Green, and Emerald.

My biggest classic gaming regret is that I sold my GBA SP along with my copies of Blue and Yellow to fund buying an original DS. I wish I hadn't. I miss my SP for playing old GBA games on instead of having to use a DS Lite. At the time I sold the Game Boy original games because with the GBA remakes and the inability to move pokemon off the Gen I/II games forward, I figured there was no point in hanging on to them.

I would definitely recommend Emerald, Platinum, and Black/White.

Platinum I agree with, the others less so.

If you can get your hands on one of the 3DS Hoenn remakes (OmegaRuby, Alpha Sapphire) they're far superior to native Gen 3. Black/White are kinda meh.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I have copies of every game since Gen 4, along with Fire Red/Leaf Green, and Emerald.

My biggest classic gaming regret is that I sold my GBA SP along with my copies of Blue and Yellow to fund buying an original DS. I wish I hadn't. I miss my SP for playing old GBA games on instead of having to use a DS Lite. At the time I sold the Game Boy original games because with the GBA remakes and the inability to move pokemon off the Gen I/II games forward, I figured there was no point in hanging on to them.

Platinum I agree with, the others less so.

If you can get your hands on one of the 3DS Hoenn remakes (OmegaRuby, Alpha Sapphire) they're far superior to native Gen 3. Black/White are kinda meh.

i agree that oras is better than the original gen 3 games. emerald is still wortha play imo. since hes emulating he can fly through it, too.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i agree that oras is better than the original gen 3 games. emerald is still wortha play imo. since hes emulating he can fly through it, too.

It's not just the slowness. It's that the level scaling in RSE is wonky. Normally when you come out of Victory Road you should be able to at least kinda challenge the E4. In Emerald I got out of Victory Road while comfortably trouncing the trainers therein, and then got mutilated by an E4 that started like 10 levels higher than my team.

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Emerald is awesome because of battle tower....another thing Gamefreak should bring back but won't.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just thinking that the worst thing about the next games is that it's going to cost as much for one title as it normally does to get the pair of handheld games. That's gonna suck, especially when Nintendo games usually don't have many sales and the Pokemon series never ends up in their Selects/Players Choice discount line.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just thinking that the worst thing about the next games is that it's going to cost as much for one title as it normally does to get the pair of handheld games. That's gonna suck, especially when Nintendo games usually don't have many sales and the Pokemon series never ends up in their Selects/Players Choice discount line.

Ugh, I didn't think of that.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Also considering how much more a Switch costs over a 3DS, Pokemon got a lot more expensive this gen....especially for those of us that buy the consoles specifically for this game. :laugh:

Then again, the Switch has plenty of other stuff to offer.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I should be getting a Switch this week so I'm ready for SwSh (Swish?) whenever.

But I also know that the Switch has a lot to offer so maybe I'll actually play some other non-Pokemon games for once lol

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
But on the bright side, you can get multi saves by creating a new profile.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I fortunately have every Pokemon game and their boxes including Pokemon Blue except for Diamond and Pearl which I never bought. It's probably a good game now, but at the time I thought it was a complete money grab with some of the stupidest Pokemon designs (like the Ice Cream Pokemon). E: I don't have any of the Ultra games and do not plan on buying any of those.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I fortunately have every Pokemon game and their boxes including Pokemon Blue except for Diamond and Pearl which I never bought. It's probably a good game now, but at the time I thought it was a complete money grab with some of the stupidest Pokemon designs (like the Ice Cream Pokemon). E: I don't have any of the Ultra games and do not plan on buying any of those.
Vanilluxe line was Black/White, not DPP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad