Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
UEPw9EC.jpg

This popped up in the trailer for a brief second.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
A bit underwhelmed by this reveal. It doesn’t seem like there’s any change to the formula they’ve already established, not even overworld visible Wild Pokémon (which was amazing in Let’s Go).

And the starters are very cookie cutter. Another monkey, another rabbit, and a slightly different Mudkip?

I’m hoping there will be a “WOW factor” revealed eventually.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I know there were a few here who liked seeing the wild Pokémon in view etc in Let’s Go, but I honestly didn’t like it. Happy they went back to original way.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Only thing I care about is whether or not this game will appeal to not just 7 year olds, but super stupid 7 year olds apparently like the last two generations.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy crap, looks unbelievable. The three starters look so much better than Sun/Moon except for the grass one, not sure how a Monkey bird thing beats a Ghost Grass Owl. The water who I always pick looks badass.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So as someone who stopped playing at Gold/Silver/Crystal - is this game just 1 region plus maybe 1 other or do you get access to everything?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So as someone who stopped playing at Gold/Silver/Crystal - is this game just 1 region plus maybe 1 other or do you get access to everything?

They haven't had 1 region+ since generation 2 so I think I would be very surprised if they broke away from that now.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I know there were a few here who liked seeing the wild Pokémon in view etc in Let’s Go, but I honestly didn’t like it. Happy they went back to original way.
Curious what you like better about random encounters vs being able to see them in the overworld. I don't really see the benefit, other than a surprise factor I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Disappointed you lot didn't post the full direct video with a ton of other information.

What are we basing this map on? I am thinking it resembles Japan.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Disappointed you lot didn't post the full direct video with a ton of other information.

It is almost for sure based on the UK. You can see what looks like Big Ben (clock tower) and the London Eye (ferris wheel). There are other landmarks that fit as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Someone figured it’s the UK upside down. The internet is having a lot of fun imagining the characters talking in British slang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad