Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Getting a code card from best buy is like pulling teeth...

EDIT: Just to expand -

I walk in just after noon and after wandering the store trying to figure out how this'll work (I hate the way Best Buy has evolved into basically 90% a home appliances showroom with tiny little sections for games and movies and computer stuff. I mean, I get why, it's just frustrating and shows that they're an ill-suited partner for this sort of promotion) I go to the customer service desk (wait line)

and I wait for 5 minutes. This obviously isn't a normal thing, there was someone at the desk ahead of me having some kind of issue that they were having difficulty sorting out. But eventually one of the people at the checkout counter calls me over and asks what I want and I try to explain what I'm looking for...

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand blank stare. She has no idea what I'm talking about. So she looks it up on the computer and sees that they have something like that listed (asking if it's a "trainer card". I've never heard the term used for the giveaway before) then she finds it in the cabinet behind the registers where they keep all the new games and has to take it to another employee to ask about what to do with it. They talk for a couple minutes and she comes back to me and asks if I know if I have to purchase it. I tell her 'no', that they've always just been freely given out and she stares at me for a few moments like this concept just doesn't compute before handing it over.

by that point I wasn't even going to ask for a second one because I didn't need her spending 5 more minutes confabbing with another staff member about whether or not they should give out duplicates.

So here we are on the 11th and I've only managed to snag 1 of 4 cards and if I want to go make another trip to get more there's only the one best buy within 35-40 minutes of me and they tend to have a lot of the same staff on duty on consecutive days (making repeat visits more tricky) plus I loathe having to go through this whole 25 minute song and dance all over again thrice more.

They should've just left the partnership with EB and that's it. At least those people always tend to know what they're doing.

And just from reading online when I was trying to figure out where in the store I had to go to ask someone, it seems like this complete ignorance of the promotion is not an isolated or new incident. There was one story from someone on reddit saying that their Best Buy had a dedicated Nintendo sales rep in the store (like they do with Microsoft and Apple at some stores) and even that person had zero clue about the promotion.

Last edited:

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Was at bestbuy today and the cashier handed me 3 cards. It's for a legendary pokemon. It's for pokemon sun, moon, ultrasun, ultramoon.

I think it's either a latias or a latios but I'm not sure. Anyway I got 3 codes anybody wants them message me.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Was at bestbuy today and the cashier handed me 3 cards. It's for a legendary pokemon. It's for pokemon sun, moon, ultrasun, ultramoon.

I think it's either a latias or a latios but I'm not sure. Anyway I got 3 codes anybody wants them message me.

What you get depends on what game you use the code in.

Sun and UltraSun will give you a Latias

Moon and UltraMoon will give you a Latios

Which pair of games determines other factors. In an Ultra____ game you get a Level 100 version of the applicable mon along with a Gold Bottle Cap item. If you use a base Sun/Moon you get the appropriate mon at Level 60.

I re-visited my local best buy and got another card and then went past another one later in the day and managed to get a pair out of that one, so I'm loaded up for this set.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Shiny Poipole distro started yesterday apparently, but from everything I've read, even though normally Gamestop distributions in the US are mirrored by EB Games in Canada that isn't the case this time. Multiple people have visited EB locations and gotten nothing.

The September newsletters say to visit teh PokemonTCG website to learn about the distribution, but the site is only location-keyed for the US for me, so I can't see different instructions for if it's Canada (unlike with the Legendary distributions where I can just change the URL from "en-US" to "en-Ca"

So we might need some of the 'muricans around here to snag extras for all us unfortunate Canadians who have no idea if/how we'll be getting this giveaway at all. Thankfully it's just US/UM this time around so a 'set' for every player is just 2 codes and not 4.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Shiny Poipole distro started yesterday apparently, but from everything I've read, even though normally Gamestop distributions in the US are mirrored by EB Games in Canada that isn't the case this time. Multiple people have visited EB locations and gotten nothing.

The September newsletters say to visit teh PokemonTCG website to learn about the distribution, but the site is only location-keyed for the US for me, so I can't see different instructions for if it's Canada (unlike with the Legendary distributions where I can just change the URL from "en-US" to "en-Ca"

So we might need some of the 'muricans around here to snag extras for all us unfortunate Canadians who have no idea if/how we'll be getting this giveaway at all. Thankfully it's just US/UM this time around so a 'set' for every player is just 2 codes and not 4.
My local Gamestop is a beast and doesn't function like other Gamestops so the manager gave me four codes. If you want one just let me know.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Serebii owner played some Pokemon Go series. My pre-order was cancelled because my credit card was frozen so I might not get it until a discount or something. Honestly doesn't look like it'll be any fun.
I'm waiting for gen 8, I am skipping the let's go games. Fed up with gen 1.

Anyone who wants to battle ibm me.

Reactions: Mrb1p

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Got my Poipole code and it's sooooooo beautiful. Also this girl at gamestop gave me a Groudon and Kyogre code so if anyone wants it, it's theirs.

Which reminds me, I still haven't gotten a code for Lati@s.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Eb announces this morning that they are distributing shiny poipole cards from today to Oct 7. So it looks like Canada isn't getting hosed on this promo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
FML, didn't realise that the promo was only for the money-grab ultra games..

Here are two codes for whoever wants it...

EDIT: First taken.

MOD EDIT: I claimed code #2, and removed it so that people won't try and to use it and be rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
FML, didn't realise that the promo was only for the money-grab ultra games..

Here are two codes for whoever wants it...

- A879QXAEEEAKKQQZ

I'm claiming the second code, but for whatever reason I can't connect to the server at the moment so I've removed it from the post so that it doesn't get taken/used in the meantime.

Thanks.

Reactions: S E P H

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

FF to 2:15 to see the new pokemon

edit: nvm, it already shows up in the thumbnail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino