Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Still have my codes (2x Xerneas/Yveltal, 1x Zygarde*) to give away.

Also info is coming out for the Tornadus/Thundurus July giveaways. The Legendary Pokemon giveaway site says that they're available as code cards starting on July 13 from Target in the US. Presumably this means that it'll be like the last Target giveaways where people outside the US get them in the July Pokemon newsletter. This would hopefully mean that I'll have an extra code to give away when they come.

EDIT: I just altered the URL for the legendary pokemon giveaway site to be Canadian and it does say that it'll be in the newsletter for non-US people.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Been a while since I was in this thread.

Started a Black 2 nuzlocke just for fun the other day. Haven't played gen 5 in years. It's pretty fun so far. Up to the third gym and just grinding up for it now with a team of Grimer, Koffing, Watchog, and Cottonee. My Pidove died last night which was supposed to be my ace vs the Bug gym lol.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Took on Burgh last night. Grimer died :( luckily I had two Poison types, Koffing walled the heck out of Leavanny and 2hkoed with Venoshock.

Team now looks like this: Koffing, Watchog, Cottonee, Sandile, Sandshrew. Pretty interesting team so far, I've never used Koffing at all, nor Watchog to this extent (usually I ditch it by now, but my Lillipup died back in Virbank). I had a bit of trouble with Colress' team of Steels since I didn't have Sandshrew yet and Sandile only knew Mud Slap but I should be okay moving forward as long as this doesn't become a mono-Ground team lol.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Kanto Map from Let's Go series

BMdwvZttsaxGR65MwEcamgVBUcXsYQk6WfXkvpCBz7k.png

More info: A Closer Look at the New Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch | Pokemon.com

Yeah, I'm getting this game. I'm whipped.

Reactions: S E P H

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm worried about end game in Let's Go, but I'm still glad it's being made. So many things they'll be able to port over while not being the first attempt on a main series game. I'm glad they're working out kinks now and getting animations right. I'm guessing they did Kanto only so they can work on the other 550+ for the main series game.

I really hope they've figured out something for end game though besides online battles.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tornadus/Thundurus codes are now being distributed via newsletter for non-US fans.

I believe this also coincides with Target beginning distribution of its code cards in-store for people in the US.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Yeah I took like 5 codes at Target since they just put them on the counter to take.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I've got Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on my computer, and it's convinced me to start an Orre-based fanfiction. XD itself is a fun game, from what little I've played of it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
God dammit, those trailers looked good.

If I do get this (I'd have to get a Switch first), I hope that I'm not at a disadvantage because I only played Go for the first week that it came out.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
God dammit, those trailers looked good.

If I do get this (I'd have to get a Switch first), I hope that I'm not at a disadvantage because I only played Go for the first week that it came out.
I re-installed Pokémon go just for it

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
The game is beautiful, which makes my hyped even more about the other game they're working on for the switch.

Reactions: S E P H and Natey

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Still have my codes (2x Xerneas/Yveltal, 1x Zygarde*) to give away.

Also info is coming out for the Tornadus/Thundurus July giveaways. The Legendary Pokemon giveaway site says that they're available as code cards starting on July 13 from Target in the US. Presumably this means that it'll be like the last Target giveaways where people outside the US get them in the July Pokemon newsletter. This would hopefully mean that I'll have an extra code to give away when they come.

EDIT: I just altered the URL for the legendary pokemon giveaway site to be Canadian and it does say that it'll be in the newsletter for non-US people.

What codes do you have left?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What codes do you have left?

I've got:

• 2 Xerneas/Yveltal codes (expire at the end of this month. Like the 27th or whatever the date is)
  • 1 Zygarde* code (expires at the end of September)
  • 1 Tornadus/Thundurus code (expires at the end of October)
I have my doubts about getting an extra Kyogre/Groudon. Normally it's been more of a struggle this year to just get the amount I need. Getting those extra Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde ones was a stroke of luck.

Kyogre and Groudon at GameStop:

Christ guys, can't you do like 2 online giveaways in a row or something? I don't want to trek around to 3+ EB Games locations this month...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have no idea why they just didn't do the giveaways over wi-fi.

I'd like one of each code if that isn't a problem. I hope that nobody else wants them.

I get that they do them in-store because Gamestop and Target probably paid a pretty penny for the marketing positioning to draw people into stores and hope that they'll buy something while they're there. I just wish the cycle was 2-online then 1 code card instead of seemingly the other way around. It wasn't so bad when one of the EBs I would trek out to was near a great burger place, but then that place shut down and now it's just an annoying 20-25 minute trip out of my way to pick up something beyond code #2 because the two close-ish EBs seem to only have 2 or 3 staff members and are observant enough to remember not to give me extra codes if I ask

I'll get you those codes when I get home and write them down for you. Expect a PM later tonight.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I think Let’s Go Pikachu looks interesting, especially because the Kanto map is my favourite and the original Pokémon rocks.

However, I’m still waiting for a Pokémon game where they use multiple regions. They did this in Soul Silver, but I’m sure they could make an epic Pokémon game with multiple regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->