Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have a Thundurus/Tornadus code that expires in about 2.5 hours (all Gen 7 games).

A842 96YG XXKZ HUPU

I'll take the Celebi code. I have way too many mons to finish picking up, but what's one more :laugh:

thanks.

I'll also edit it out of your post so that nobody else tries it.

EDIT: It worked. Thanks!

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I did get a Zeraora code yesterday. Gonna try and get another one next week before the promotion ends.

So they are for sure making their way into stores across Canada.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Just in time for Halloween:

That was really well done. Can't wait.

I know a lot of people are more traditional and preferred the natural evolution with the held items and wild Pokemon battles but I haven't seen a huge red flag yet for Pokemon Lets Go. It should be a success for all the casuals like myself who will be returning. And for what it's worth... I heard the traditional Pokemon game is coming out in 2019 and I'm sure some of the casual people like myself will also pick it up.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As I expected, the Lugia/Ho-Oh giveaway for November is EBGames/Gamestop, and runs from today (Nov 2) through the 25th. Right on time for them to hustle people into getting Let's Go as well.

Also this means that it overlaps with Zeraora for about a week, so there's every chance you can go get both codes right now until the Zeraora ones stop on the 9th (next Friday)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wanted to play Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 the other day. My Red cartridge from 1998 still saves. The transfer pak on the N64 controller doesn't accept my Gold copy for some reason. The copy is from 2000 or whatever, so it isn't fake.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Lavender Town looks beautiful, I honestly might buy the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They kept the traditional beat in Lavender Town as well, I wonder what suicidal thoughts it will lead to kids nowadays...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
When do you have to redeem the codes by? I haven't yet.

what codes?

Most giveaway pokemon generally give you about 2-3 months after the distribution period ends. The Zeraora codes I have (distro ends on Friday, the 9th.) expire on Jan 24th. Ho-Oh/Lugia giveaway that goes all November can be redeemed until near the end of February. So this month will be last call for whatever the giveaway was in... August, I guess. Pretty sure that was Kyogre and Groudon.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
what codes?

Most giveaway pokemon generally give you about 2-3 months after the distribution period ends. The Zeraora codes I have (distro ends on Friday, the 9th.) expire on Jan 24th. Ho-Oh/Lugia giveaway that goes all November can be redeemed until near the end of February. So this month will be last call for whatever the giveaway was in... August, I guess. Pretty sure that was Kyogre and Groudon.

Zeraora, Poipole, Reshiram/Zekrom

When do you have to redeem them by? I don't have physical cards. I just have codes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Zeraora, Poipole, Reshiram/Zekrom

When do you have to redeem them by? I don't have physical cards. I just have codes.

Like I said abov, you've got until near the end of January for Zeraora

Reshiram and Zekrom were October's giveaway, so I think that that means they also will work through to around January 20-somethingth.

Poipole I'm not sure. I don't have the card in front of me. It was given in erly octobe I think, and was a short-run distribution like Zeraora. So it might only last until the end of December. I'll have to check when I get a chance.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The only question I have is after I beat all the trainers.. What happens? Do I need to restart the game or can I battle tons of trainers again? I'm worried about catching new Pokemon and being able to train them.

I am a huge fan of not having random battles. It seems cruel to beat a Pokemon up until it faints and then leave it there. But they need to have something in place to counter this being removed... And I haven't seen it yet.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was thinking the other day that as much as I love the Pokemon games, you know what twist on the formula/alternate franchise I'd love to see make a comeback? One of the robot-based mon battler RPGs like Robopon or (especially) Medabots. The ability to not only build a team of battling robots like Pokemon, but also customize them and tweak their parts and makeup would be awesome. The GBA Medabots RPG game that actually made it to the west was actually quite fun even with a few shonky game mechanics.

That's actually cute, lol. But I'm 100% getting Eevee.

Those aren't for Let's Go. They're for UltraSun/UltraMoon

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
@rangerssharks414

I dug up my code cards for the last few giveaways and have a complete list of still-eligible Legendary giveaways and their deadlines:

Groudon/Kyogre (August code card): November 28
Ash Hat Pikachus*^ (twitter codes): December 1
Poipole* (Sept/Oct card): December 20
Latias/Latios (September code card): December 21
Zeraora* (Oct/Nov card): January 24
Zekrom/Reshiram (October code): January 28
Ho-Oh/Lugia (November code card): February 28

*UltraSun/UltraMoon only
^Each pikachu code is considered a separate distribution. So you can redeem all 5 codes in any given copy of the game

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also that reminds me: I have an extra Resharim/Zekrom code I can give to someone if they want it. Let me know and I'll PM it.

EDIT: Claimed by BigMcLargehuge

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
One other thing I learned today: From November 20 to the 29th you can sign up for the next online competition. If you do so and participate in 3 battles, you'll be awarded a shiny Tapu Lele.

48af13126f69363fb3857399d53244e0d1ee783e_hq.jpg

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
@rangerssharks414

I dug up my code cards for the last few giveaways and have a complete list of still-eligible Legendary giveaways and their deadlines:

Groudon/Kyogre (August code card): November 28
Ash Hat Pikachus*^ (twitter codes): December 1
Poipole* (Sept/Oct card): December 20
Latias/Latios (September code card): December 21
Zeraora* (Oct/Nov card): January 24
Zekrom/Reshiram (October code): January 28
Ho-Oh/Lugia (November code card): February 28

*UltraSun/UltraMoon only
^Each pikachu code is considered a separate distribution. So you can redeem all 5 codes in any given copy of the game

Good to know

And thanks for the deadline dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad