Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
October is back to a split of distribution methods for the legendary giveaway (resharim and zekrom)

If you're in the US, it'll. Be code cards at Target from like the 18th to the 29th.

If you're in Canada it'll. Be in the Trainer Club newsletter provided you make sure you're opted in by the 10th.

Yay, I don't need to go out and hunt down cards this month.

This also appears to be the 2nd last distribution. November will be Ho-oh and Lugia, and there's nothing listed for December.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I still haven’t receieved any of the event Pokémon in the game, I feel like I never will.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I started a Metronome only Heart Gold randomizer yesterday. This should be interesting...

So... my Metronome thingy didn't save. Good thing that I only played it for a few minutes.

I started a Heart Gold randomizer instead (not a Nuzlocke). I got a Rash Jumpluff with Air Cutter. Woo!

Edit: Apparently, I clicked the save thing wrong, and the Jumpluff one didn't save. Boooooo.

I bumped into a Regirock and an Articuno on Route 29. I obviously couldn't catch them with just Poke Balls. Lame.

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
If anyone manages to get an extra Zeraora code, please let me know. I have a couple extra Reshiram/ Zekrom codes that I would be able to swap for one.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
If anyone manages to get an extra Zeraora code, please let me know. I have a couple extra Reshiram/ Zekrom codes that I would be able to swap for one.
Forgot about this event, I'll stop by Gamestop this week and get you one (if you still need it)

Honestly with gamestop codes, I can probably get anyone here codes since there's like 1000 of them between my house and my work.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Has there been any credible news about the next Pokémon game? Not the let’s go eevee/pikachu ones?

I legit bought a switch for just that and zelda

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Has there been any credible news about the next Pokémon game? Not the let’s go eevee/pikachu ones?

I legit bought a switch for just that and zelda

Only thing we got is that they confirmed they’ll be releasing the core RPG in 2019. That’s the only info.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Forgot about this event, I'll stop by Gamestop this week and get you one (if you still need it)

Honestly with gamestop codes, I can probably get anyone here codes since there's like 1000 of them between my house and my work.
That would be awesome, I don't really have one all that close by. Let me know if you'd need a Reshiram/Zekrom code.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't know what's going on in the US, but as of last Friday EB Games Canada said that they expect to have code cards for Zeraora by the middle of this week. Zeraora is the Vocanion/Genesect/Arceus of this generation. Aka the legendary final pokemon in the dex for this gen.

From what I've read, the giveaway is supposed to run until some time into November (I've seen the 9th and the 15th mentioned as cutoff dates). Since it is in the dex after the USUM-exclusive new ultra beasts like Poipole, I expect this means it's eligible for hte Ultra games only, and not vanilla SuMo.

EDIT: it looks like this -

807Zeraora.png

cool enough on its own, but disappointing for a legendary, and strangely digimon-ish. Honestly, this feels like it would've been a cool option as a final evolution if they had the balls to go with different starter types (even though I get it that there really isn't as 'perfect' a triangle of starting types as fire/water/grass to demonstrate the rock-paper-scissors nature of the game and feel interesting and really starkly different)

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I don't know what's going on in the US, but as of last Friday EB Games Canada said that they expect to have code cards for Zeraora by the middle of this week. Zeraora is the Vocanion/Genesect/Arceus of this generation. Aka the legendary final pokemon in the dex for this gen.

From what I've read, the giveaway is supposed to run until some time into November (I've seen the 9th and the 15th mentioned as cutoff dates). Since it is in the dex after the USUM-exclusive new ultra beasts like Poipole, I expect this means it's eligible for hte Ultra games only, and not vanilla SuMo.

EDIT: it looks like this -

807Zeraora.png

cool enough on its own, but disappointing for a legendary, and strangely digimon-ish. Honestly, this feels like it would've been a cool option as a final evolution if they had the balls to go with different starter types (even though I get it that there really isn't as 'perfect' a triangle of starting types as fire/water/grass to demonstrate the rock-paper-scissors nature of the game and feel interesting and really starkly different)
Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I love Zeraora, it is one of my favourite new designs. I wish they would have given it fighting as a second typing, but otherwise I think it is really cool.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Anyone have extra Zekrom/Reshiram codes? I am currently deployed so getting codes for the events has been difficult.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I love Zeraora, it is one of my favourite new designs. I wish they would have given it fighting as a second typing, but otherwise I think it is really cool.

I like the design well enough, it just doesn't feel flashy or mysterious enough for a legendary. Legendary mons either end up as big, bad god-being type designs (Dialga/Palkia/Groudon/Rayquaza/etc) or really quirky mysterious creature types (Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, that sort of thing) Zeraora looks like the middle evolution of a starter pokemon (it reminds me a lot of Combusken). Or the only evolution of one of those mid/high-tier single-evolve types that you usually find between your 5th and 7th gym badge. It's more Lucario than Legendary.

and yeah, Electric/Fighting would've been cool. Like I said earlier, this feels like it would've been more awesome if it had been part of an experiment to give players a different set of starter types, though I get that there really isn't a suitable replacement for the clear, simple, and balanced triangle that Fire/Water/Grass creates.

EDIT: Just as an addendum, there are reports now that as of 2-4 days ago some places in Canada were starting to receive their code cards, but not everywhere. I'm going to be out tomorrow and will stop in and see if I can at least get one.

The dates on the cards themselves peg the giveaway as October 19 through November 9. So accounting for the delay in Canada, we have like a week and a half to get them (though perhaps EB will be cool about handing them out afterwards. I've already had opportunities to get extra Zygarde and Xerneas/Yveltal codes after their distro periods ended (in both cases I was there for the next giveaway in the cycle and they just gave me a prior card as a bonus because they had extra copies.)

Also heads up that November is the last month of Legendary giveaways, with Ho-Oh and Lugia codes being distributed. I haven't seen the method listed, and the pattern would suggest these should be planned for the newsletter distribution for everyone, but I suspect they'll go with Gamestop/EB to finish things off in order to coincide with the release of the Let's Go games on the 16th.

EDIT 2: I might also have an extra Resharim/Zekrom code to give away once I've made sure that I've redeemed the copies I need to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad