Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Been playing Platinum lately, and it's such a breath of fresh air playing through a game with challenge and a decent level curve (though end game is way rough with E4 levels compared to MC levels being at 50s, I just got my 8th badge and I'm still mid-40s).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Insomnia sucks.

Well... my Nuzlocke just took a turn for the worse. After bumping into a Girafarig outside of the Safari Zone, I left Weepinbell in there to put it to sleep. It did, but a critical hit Psybeam made it faint after it woke up the turn after it popped out of a Great Ball. Ugh. It made it to Level 36, which was my third strongest. I don't think you can get a Leaf Stone in Johto anyway unless you're really lucky (phone call gift).

New Bark Town: Totodile (5-?)
Route 29: Pidgey (3-?)
Route 30: Weedle (3-5)
Route 31: Kakuna (5-?)
Route 46: Rattata (2-?)
Dark Cave: Zubat (3-?)
Sprout Tower: Gastly (4-?)
Violet City: Togepi (1-?)
Ruins of Alph: Geodude (12-?)
Route 32: Bellsprout (6-36)
Union Cave: Onix (8-?)
Route 33: Ekans (7-?)
Slowpoke Well: Slowpoke (8-?)
Ilex Forest: Paras (6-?)
Route 34: Drowzee (10-?)
Goldenrod City: Eevee (5-?)
Route 35: Nidoran Female (12-?)
National Park: Caterpie (15-?)
Route 36: Sudowoodo (20-?)
Route 37: Vulpix (14-?)
Burned Tower: Raticate (15-?)
Route 38: Magnemite (16-?)
Route 39: Meowth (16-?)
Olivine City: Tentacool (19-?)
Route 40: Krabby (20-?)
Route 41: Tentacruel (24-?)
Cianwood City: Shuckle (24-?)
Route 47: Staryu (25-?)
Cliff Cave: Kingler (22-?)
Route 48: Girafarig (20-?)

Headed east of Ecruteak

Feraligatr (40)
Pidgeot (39)
Gengar (28)
Golem (27)
Tentacruel (24)
Espeon (23)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Trying to go through Sun right now and my team keeps getting crushed by Totem Mimikyu. I'm using Vulpix, Rufflet, Misdreavus, Pikachu, Shiinotic, and Lycanroc all at least 5-7 levels higher than the damn Mimikyu.

I need to evolve half my team, but I lack the stones and/or am waiting for moves on their learnset.

Also there's a week to go before the next PGL tournament starts, with entrants getting the Mega Stones for the Ralts line and Lopunny. I'll probably end up punting the matches I play there anyway, but if I get time I'm going to probably breed some Eevees since they're one of the few fully evolved pokemon that fit under the height restriction and aren't super-weak vendor trash type mons.

Took me a loooooong time to beat Mimikyu, thing is a beast.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Took me a loooooong time to beat Mimikyu, thing is a beast.

I didn't have any problems with it the first time, but I had chosen Rowlett for my starter in Moon and was able to use Spirit Shackle. This time around I took Litten but had bumped it off my team because I was finding more use for other mons I picked up instead of leaning on my starter.

But I brought it back into the fold as Incineroar and got it up to around 40. Then it was easy enough to use its Z-move to take out Mimikyu in a couple moves once its disguise was broken.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Insomnia strikes again...

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I foolishly brought in Gengar to try to put Red Gyarados to sleep, and it backfired.

New Bark Town: Totodile (5-?)
Route 29: Pidgey (3-?)
Cherrygrove City: Magikarp (20-?)
Route 30: Weedle (3-5)
Route 31: Kakuna (5-?)
Route 46: Rattata (2-?)
Dark Cave: Zubat (3-?)
Sprout Tower: Gastly (4-28)
Violet City: Togepi (1-?)
Ruins of Alph: Geodude (12-?)
Route 32: Bellsprout (6-36)
Union Cave: Onix (8-?)
Route 33: Ekans (7-?)
Slowpoke Well: Slowpoke (8-?)
Ilex Forest: Paras (6-?)
Route 34: Drowzee (10-?)
Goldenrod City: Eevee (5-?)
Route 35: Nidoran Female (12-?)
National Park: Caterpie (15-?)
Route 36: Sudowoodo (20-?)
Route 37: Vulpix (14-?)
Burned Tower: Raticate (15-?)
Route 38: Magnemite (16-?)
Route 39: Meowth (16-?)
Olivine City: Tentacool (19-?)
Route 40: Krabby (20-?)
Route 41: Tentacruel (24-?)
Cianwood City: Shuckle (24-?)
Route 47: Staryu (25-?)
Cliff Cave: Kingler (22-?)
Route 48: Girafarig (20-?)
Route 42: Mareep (15-?)
Route 43: Noctowl (17-?)
Lake of Rage: Gyarados (30-?)
Rocket Hideout: Electrode (23-?)

Headed east of Mahogany Town

Feraligatr (49)
Pidgeot (40)
Ampharos (40)
Espeon (33)
Golem (29)
Tentacruel (24)

I'm probably a little overleveled, but whatever.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
UltraSun/UltraMoon are going to have a new version of the cap-wearing Pikachu available in it via QR code the way Magearna is in regular SuMo.

Still no word on if we'll get regular cap Pikachus though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Managed to plow through the ending of Sun so I could get the UB missions and finish my beast ball collection with the Sun version exclusives (far fewer exclusives than I ever remember in previous games: Vulpix, Cottonnee, Passimian, Rufflet, and Turtonator). AFAIK I now have all of the available mons that can be caught and bred in beast balls.

I realize now that thanks to mixed ball inheritance (ie 2 parents with different balls have the 50/50 chance to bequeath their particular ball to their offspring) that I don't really need to friend safaris from X/Y anymore once I get a full collection of different pokeballs for the Gens 1 and 6 starters (since they're the only ones that, AFAIK, can't be caught elsewhere in any games that support transferring/trading). It'll be nice to reclaim like 50 spots on my friends list that I had dedicated entirely to randos from the FriendSafari exchange website.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I wish they'd come out with more ways to get apricorn balls faster. there are still 3 that I don't think have been given out yet via global mission and I don't want to have to farm them from replaying Sun because it takes until the 3rd island before you collect the whole set. And there's like 85 potential species lines that you can catch in those balls in this game that you can't get from HGSS.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was thinking about the Gold/Silver Virtual Console games, and I remembered that Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt weren't TMs (I think TM 13 is Snore, TM 24 is Dragonbreath and TM 35 is Sleep Talk). There's another reason why I'm disappointed that there is no Crystal. At least those were move tutor moves.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I forgot that Pokedit and PKHex are basically borked now that Gen VI wifi services are down.

Guess I'm not gonna be able to get all the missing dream ball mons I wanted.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think it's just n-game wifi. You can still use the bank with gen 6 games because it uses its own wifi. You just can't battle or trade within XY/ORAS. Pokedit's QR insertion thingy uses the GTS. They tend to shut down each game's internet services a few months after the newer gen comes out.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
just faced someone in showdown who was running a mismagius with quick claw and BOTH will o wisp/thunder wave

wtf man just wtf
before SM released I had a team with a quick claw chandelure

at least it's a better use of quick claw than using it on something that already has high speed :laugh: it wasn't a competitive team though, just one that made many people rage (contrary shuckle, SD + BP sash ninjask with a scope lens + focus energy physical kingdra, etc.)

both w-o-w and TW can make sense depending on the rest of the set (hex?) but hex in itself is a big gimmick and should only be run with toxic spikes support imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad