Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I can't sleep, so I played about three hours of my SS Nuzlocke. I've only had one death so far, and it was really early.

New Bark Town: Totodile (5-?)
Route 29: Pidgey (3-?)
Route 30: Weedle (3-5)
Route 31: Kakuna (5-?)
Route 46: Rattata (2-?)
Dark Cave: Zubat (3-?)
Sprout Tower: Gastly (4-?)
Violet City: Togepi (1-?)
Ruins of Alph: Geodude (12-?)
Route 32: Bellsprout (6-?)
Union Cave: Onix (8-?)
Route 33: Ekans (7-?)
Slowpoke Well: Slowpoke (8-?)
Ilex Forest: Paras (6-?)
Route 34: Drowzee (10-?)
Route 35: Nidoran Female (12-?)
National Park: Caterpie (15-?)
Route 36: Sudowoodo (20-?)
Route 37: Vulpix (14-?)

Entering Morty’s Gym

Feraligatr (30)
Pidgeotto (28)
Bellsprout (19)
Geodude (19)
Gastly (18)
Togepi (1)

Togepi just knows Rock Smash and Flash. I just might teach Bellsprout Flash and Geodude Rock Smash and deposit the Togepi. I'm probably going to end up having a Tentacruel in my final team as an HM slave. Three weak against Electric is not ideal, but there aren't many electric types in the game, anyway.

Whitney's Miltank was a huge pain in the ass (like usual). Croconaw was nine levels higher, I think, but it didn't go first since it unfortunately has one of the worst natures that line can get (Quiet). Stomp kept getting flinches, and Super Potions were used on the Miltank. Luckily, my Totodile was female. Otherwise, I'd be getting the ultimate Attract/Stomp flinch hax.

A couple of rules for my Nuzlocke:

1. Duplicate clause: I can get another capture if I already have the Pokemon.
2. Legendary Dog clause: If Raikou/Entei/Suicune is my first encounter, I get another one.

Question for you guys: Can I trade my Haunter and Graveler to a different game so I can evolve them?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't count trading for evolution as a violation of nuzlocke rules. You're already limited in what you can have by the nuzlocke anyway. Preventing you from fully utilizing anything you do catch on account of its evo method would just be dumb. Excepting situations where you can't do the evolution on your own (like items you can't obtain in your game or things like the karrablast/shelmet evo)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I forgot that Suicune was a sidequest. Oops.

And I played Yellow on the Virtual Console for a little bit. I forgot how bad the movesets were for almost everyone in this game.

Edit: I'm excited for the Gold/Silver on the Virtual Console even though HGSS were great. I just wish Crystal was available. Dammit, I can't wait a few more months. I want my HA Legendary Dogs and Regenerator Ho-Oh.

Edit 2: I just looked, and the HAs are all Inner Focus for the dogs. Well, that's deflating.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I forgot that Suicune was a sidequest. Oops.

And I played Yellow on the Virtual Console for a little bit. I forgot how bad the movesets were for almost everyone in this game.

Edit: I'm excited for the Gold/Silver on the Virtual Console even though HGSS were great. I just wish Crystal was available. Dammit, I can't wait a few more months. I want my HA Legendary Dogs and Regenerator Ho-Oh.

Edit 2: I just looked, and the HAs are all Inner Focus for the dogs. Well, that's deflating.

If you have Black 2 or White 2 and any copies of the Gen IV games you can download Pokemon Dream Radar from the eShop and get a few HA legendaries including Regenerator Ho-Oh. Tthe G/S mascots and D/P/Pt mascots will appear if you have the corresponding game they are the mascot for, and the Therian formes of the B/W Kami trio appear with enough progress into the game

Dream Radar is a dumb, junky A/R "shooter" sort of game, but it's a rare opportunity for those mons and a few others that you can catch in a Dream Ball (Swablu, Drifloon, Riolu, Munna, Sigilyph, Igglybuff, Shuckle, Staryu, Porygon, Ralts, Bronzor, Togepi, Smoochum, Spiritomb, Rotom, Beldum, Slowpoke, and Hoothoot can all be caught, and all come in a dream ball and with their hidden ability if they have one)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Yeah I bought Blue on the eshop and quickly remembered how awful all the movesets are. Every move is normal type, no special/physical split. Some types like poison and bug are completely neglected.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
im doing a HG nuzlocke, my second real attempt

my first attempt was crushed by lance, i just didn't grind enough

Koffing lv 26
Fearow lv 24
Heracross lv 26
Feraligatr lv 30
Hypno lv 27
Crobat lv 28

I've got 5 badges

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you have Black 2 or White 2 and any copies of the Gen IV games you can download Pokemon Dream Radar from the eShop and get a few HA legendaries including Regenerator Ho-Oh. Tthe G/S mascots and D/P/Pt mascots will appear if you have the corresponding game they are the mascot for, and the Therian formes of the B/W Kami trio appear with enough progress into the game

Dream Radar is a dumb, junky A/R "shooter" sort of game, but it's a rare opportunity for those mons and a few others that you can catch in a Dream Ball (Swablu, Drifloon, Riolu, Munna, Sigilyph, Igglybuff, Shuckle, Staryu, Porygon, Ralts, Bronzor, Togepi, Smoochum, Spiritomb, Rotom, Beldum, Slowpoke, and Hoothoot can all be caught, and all come in a dream ball and with their hidden ability if they have one)

How far do I need to be in B2W2?

Yeah I bought Blue on the eshop and quickly remembered how awful all the movesets are. Every move is normal type, no special/physical split. Some types like poison and bug are completely neglected.

Yup.

And ghost and dragon. If I recall correctly, Lick, Night Shade and Confuse Ray are the only Ghost attacks. And Dragon Rage is the only Dragon type attack.

im doing a HG nuzlocke, my second real attempt

my first attempt was crushed by lance, i just didn't grind enough

Koffing lv 26
Fearow lv 24
Heracross lv 26
Feraligatr lv 30
Hypno lv 27
Crobat lv 28

I've got 5 badges

How did you beat Chuck with those levels?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
How far do I need to be in B2W2?

I'm not sure. I didn't really get into it until after the game becuase I was just taking the things that I downloaded from Dream Radar and plucking them out of the game with PokeTransfer. It's an entirely seperate app from the game proper so I'm not sure it's tethered to your progress.

the only really tough gym battle in hgss is claire. that ****ing kingdra.

Bugsy's Scyther can **** you up at the beginning if you're not careful. My first HG nuzlocke got wiped out there becuase I never got a Geodude and my starter was Chikorita.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not sure. I didn't really get into it until after the game becuase I was just taking the things that I downloaded from Dream Radar and plucking them out of the game with PokeTransfer. It's an entirely seperate app from the game proper so I'm not sure it's tethered to your progress.

Bugsy's Scyther can **** you up at the beginning if you're not careful. My first HG nuzlocke got wiped out there becuase I never got a Geodude and my starter was Chikorita.

I almost **** myself when it used U-Turn, I completely forgot that was the TM for that gym in the remake.

I think I just cheesed past it by using Pidgeotto and abusing Sand Attack and Gust. I did the same thing for Whitney's Miltank.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Apparently the Japanese twitter says it will be out next year? Seems fast if it is actually gen 8. Excited for sure, hopefully it will be compatible with Pokebank still.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Apparently the Japanese twitter says it will be out next year? Seems fast if it is actually gen 8. Excited for sure, hopefully it will be compatible with Pokebank still.

I'm fairly confident it'll be 2019. Generations seem to last 3 years on average (at least recently) so I would expect a they'll take 2018 "off" (aka no new release) and then release on the Switch in 2019.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I'm fairly confident it'll be 2019. Generations seem to last 3 years on average (at least recently) so I would expect a they'll take 2018 "off" (aka no new release) and then release on the Switch in 2019.

Gens lasting that long has more to do with how many legendaries they have left to release. Now that Gen VII only has Marshadow, it makes me wonder how fast GF will be able to work to deliver Gen VIII.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Gens lasting that long has more to do with how many legendaries they have left to release. Now that Gen VII only has Marshadow, it makes me wonder how fast GF will be able to work to deliver Gen VIII.
Not to mention that Gen VII had a very few new Pokémon.

This news basically kills any hope I had of having new Pokémon USUM (unexplored islands, new UBs), though, if it's a 2018 release.

Wonder where it could take place, though. Anybody remembers seeing something that could hint at the next gen in SM (much like the totem in XY)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland