Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone have a Kartana and Buzzwole I could borrow for a couple minutes to get the dex entries? I'm not nearly far enough in Sun to get from my own game (plus I'm going to drive myself nuts SR'ing for them to have good IVs in spite of hyper training rendering it somewhat unnecessary.

I do.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If you're still around it'd be awesome if I could borrow them for like 5 minutes just to get my dex entries. Otherwise let me know when you'd be free and we can schedule a trade then.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I'm still here, send me trade request (I forgot how to do these in S&M)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm still here, send me trade request (I forgot how to do these in S&M)

I haven't done link trades yet in these games, so I'll see if I can figure it out. I think we just both have to be in the Festival Plaza. and connected to the internet.

After the trade I'll back out of Festival Plaza so I can check my pokedex and then return.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I haven't done link trades yet in these games, so I'll see if I can figure it out. I think we just both have to be in the Festival Plaza. and connected to the internet.

After the trade I'll back out of Festival Plaza so I can check my pokedex and then return.
Alright, I'm connected to the internet.

You can keep both Kartana and Buzzwole if you want, I got a lot of them since I put up Jangmo-o for those two and then flipped them for Type:Null

Edit: If I remember right, there's a "friend" logo next to the person's ign in the guest list. They made it so hard for some reason

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Alright, I'm connected to the internet.

You can keep both Kartana and Buzzwole if you want, I got a lot of them since I put up Jangmo-o for those two and then flipped them for Type:Null

Edit: If I remember right, there's a "friend" logo next to the person's ign in the guest list. They made it so hard for some reason

Yeah, I saw the friend list tag when I pulled up Wingsnut for the plaza alteration. But I don't see you. Have you changed your DS or friend code since I would've registered you during X/Y?

i'm hitting trade, then selecting "Link Trade" and it shows a list of people in the plaza but you don't show up.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There we go. I guess my internet connection blanked out or something, I had to reconnect.

Also I don't have anything decent to trade you right now because I traded everything good on Wonder Trade. I'll get you something better later on once I've restocked.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
All good

I just checked the GTS and no one has traded a Type:Null for a Kartana yet, it's been up there for like a month if my memory serves right

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Awesome. Thanks so much for the help!

Also I just discovered that you can recruit the same shop from one person. Wingsnut's NPC appeared in my plaza outside and I asked for the rare kitchen again and got it.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Awesome. Thanks so much for the help!

Also I just discovered that you can recruit the same shop from one person. Wingsnut's NPC appeared in my plaza outside and I asked for the rare kitchen again and got it.
Good to know. I wasn't sure when I got mine set up and didn't have enough FC to purchase one yet, so I just kept checking until I had 2 people I could set up as VIPs until I did.

I really hope they fix the issues with finding people in Festival plaza in the new games, or that they scrap it all together. Any time I have to connect to trade with someone it always takes forever. The huts and stuff are fun, but as a hub for connecting with people online it sucks compared to what we had in gen 6.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Good to know. I wasn't sure when I got mine set up and didn't have enough FC to purchase one yet, so I just kept checking until I had 2 people I could set up as VIPs until I did.

I really hope they fix the issues with finding people in Festival plaza in the new games, or that they scrap it all together. Any time I have to connect to trade with someone it always takes forever. The huts and stuff are fun, but as a hub for connecting with people online it sucks compared to what we had in gen 6.

I haven't used the kitchen's yet, so there's still a chance that multiple facilities from the same person are tied to one another and you can't use them together. But I can't imagine them letting you install the facility and then going "psych! if you use one it exhausts the one use per day on both of them!". That'd be a huge dick move.

Also I'm playing Sun right now so I can at least get to the UB missions and get the last few Sun-exclusive mons in beast balls and I decided to use a Pikachu for the first time in forever. But then I learned something:

Who the ****ing hell rejiggered his learnset to push Thunderbolt to LEVEL GOD DAMN 42? What the hell?

I missed Electro Ball because my Pichu didn't evolve until after level 13, so I don't get another good special electric move until Discharge at 34, but that's worthless for team battles because it's a move that hits everything.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Anyone wanna do that rumble battle on Sun & Moon?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Does anyone know what the "Guest Ranking" thing in Festival Plaza is? It's the one thing that appears on almost every player I come across in the plaza, but I have no idea what it's for. Not everyone displays their Plaza Ranking, but it also doesn't seem to have any correlation between Plaza and Guest Ranking.

Right now I'm trying to assemble a bunch of VIPs with 5-star facilities I'll want so that I can switch around when necessary. I blew a lot of my FC installing facilities before I knew how everything worked and now that I'm trying to get extra fortune tents so I can get FC buffs, I can't find anyone that offers the tents, nor can I afford them at this point because earning FC is painfully, awfully slow outside of the once-every-couple-weeks global missions.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Does anyone know what the "Guest Ranking" thing in Festival Plaza is? It's the one thing that appears on almost every player I come across in the plaza, but I have no idea what it's for. Not everyone displays their Plaza Ranking, but it also doesn't seem to have any correlation between Plaza and Guest Ranking.

Right now I'm trying to assemble a bunch of VIPs with 5-star facilities I'll want so that I can switch around when necessary. I blew a lot of my FC installing facilities before I knew how everything worked and now that I'm trying to get extra fortune tents so I can get FC buffs, I can't find anyone that offers the tents, nor can I afford them at this point because earning FC is painfully, awfully slow outside of the once-every-couple-weeks global missions.
I've no idea what the guest ranking means, and there doesn't seem to be anything that explains it online either. I mostly just ignore it now.

I have 5 Star treasure hunt, gold rush, and fortune teller if you ever want one of those.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've no idea what the guest ranking means, and there doesn't seem to be anything that explains it online either. I mostly just ignore it now.

I have 5 Star treasure hunt, gold rush, and fortune teller if you ever want one of those.

Which fortune teller? Apparently the buffs only stack if you're using different regions (or the same region teller will always give you the same fortune as its peers). I have Sinnoh and I think Johto.

I already have treasure hunt in 5* and a vip with 2* so I can farm bottle caps. I don't really need gold rush since you get a ton of cash-sale items when you turn down any facility that's 2*+ when you rank up.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Which fortune teller? Apparently the buffs only stack if you're using different regions (or the same region teller will always give you the same fortune as its peers). I have Sinnoh and I think Johto.

I already have treasure hunt in 5* and a vip with 2* so I can farm bottle caps. I don't really need gold rush since you get a ton of cash-sale items when you turn down any facility that's 2*+ when you rank up.
I'm pretty sure mine is Kanto, but not 100%.

I actually have the Big Dreams one, not Gold Rush. The one that lets you get Master ball as the top prize.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think I just accidentally discovered that if you get one of those people in your plaza who asks you to introduce them to someone with a high rank and you show them a vip you lose that person off your vip list. Dammit.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Haven't really played in a few months and I'm trying to get back into the game. Does anybody have a female Squirtle they could trade? Just really need it to hatch my own then could trade back. I have extras of all three Aloa starters if you need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad