Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Ugh, why couldn't there be Crystal for the Virtual Console? If I recall correctly, you only get one of each evolution stone per game! (excluding the Moon Stone, which you can get once a week)

Edit: That is for Gold/Silver only. You could get more than one in Crystal.

Yeah, kinda weird the released R/B/Y for Gen 1 but only G/S for Gen 2. Makes me wonder if there's going to be some special Crystal event or something.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think we're probably done with 3rd versions of games. It's been 3 generations in a row without them now, and twice as many iterations of the games that haven't had a 3rd (FRLG, HGSS, BW, BW2, XY, ORAS, SuMo, UltraSuMo) than have had (RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt). I have to believe that gamefreak realizes it can take the extra stuff you would put into a 3rd game and make a sequel pair like these Ultra games or B2/W2. That way instead of everyone buying 1 new copy of a game, everyone will buy 1 new copy and some of the more aggressive fans (like several of us) will end up buying both of them. In other words: More $$$$$$.

Otherwise you might just see it on a smaller scale with something like ORAS' Delta Episode.

Yes, I have the 5 star Rare Kitchens with one set as my first building so people can get it. If you need me to be online in order to get access to it, I can probably be around tonight.

Awesome. I'll be home a little later. What time works for you?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
df06a044df.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
On the way from Olivine to Cianwood to get Ampharos some medicine. I hate water routes so much.

Croconaw Lv 23
Pidgeotto Lv 23
Scyther Lv23
Weepinbell Lv 23
Nidorino Lv 23
Togetic Lv 24

Box
Tentacool Lv 18
Magnemite Lv 16
Miltank Lv 13
Koffing Lv 14

Ded
Kakuna Lv 3-9
Sentret Lv 3-8
Rattata Lv 3-5
Drowzee Lv 10-12
Slowpoke Lv 8-14

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah, kinda weird the released R/B/Y for Gen 1 but only G/S for Gen 2. Makes me wonder if there's going to be some special Crystal event or something.

I highly doubt it.

It's going to take multiple runs to complete the dex minus Celebi and Mew. Good thing that I have more than one 3DS since wi-fi trading for the virtual console isn't a thing.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm starting my own SoulSilver Nuzlocke.

I'll post updates later.

Is there a better game than HG/SS?

Sun/Moon was incredibly nice to play functionally with all the little headaches they removed, but I don't know if I had as much fun with a pokemon game as I got from those remakes

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Great, no problem. I got both of mine by checking people that I did trades with on the GTS.

Good advice. I've just been checking visitors and paging anyone I find with a listed high plaza rank. I've gotten the 5-star lottery shop so far, but that's it.

I also have to level up my plaza into the 30s. I think I'm only at like 10 right now because the only stuff I do that gets FC is global missions. I am ready to breed again though now that I have the shiny charm, so soon I'll have a boatload of Noibats or something to send out while I try to get my shiny Noivern.

EDIT: ****balls, I don't have the charm yet. I forgot about the Sun-exclusive UBs.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
I just came to a realization. I don't have a 6IV ditto.

edit: Here is my team from when I last beat it and touched the game.

8Vp7nhF.jpg

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Good advice. I've just been checking visitors and paging anyone I find with a listed high plaza rank. I've gotten the 5-star lottery shop so far, but that's it.

I also have to level up my plaza into the 30s. I think I'm only at like 10 right now because the only stuff I do that gets FC is global missions. I am ready to breed again though now that I have the shiny charm, so soon I'll have a boatload of Noibats or something to send out while I try to get my shiny Noivern.

EDIT: ****balls, I don't have the charm yet. I forgot about the Sun-exclusive UBs.
If you've been doing the global missions you should be higher than level 10. You should get 4000FC per successful mission, which should be enough for at least 13 levels. I bet if you wonder trade and talk to the person you wonder traded with each time to get the 2FC, you'll gain a whole bunch of levels.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Anyone have a Kartana and Buzzwole I could borrow for a couple minutes to get the dex entries? I'm not nearly far enough in Sun to get from my own game (plus I'm going to drive myself nuts SR'ing for them to have good IVs in spite of hyper training rendering it somewhat unnecessary.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Now that I'm starting to explore more of the stuff in the Festival Plaza, I like some of the features they offer, but I think it's dumb that you are awarded shops for leveling your plaza up, but your choice is basically "Take it now or it's gone until you randomly get it again."

Anything you've unlocked or chosen to install (from other people) should be held for you permanently so that you can swap things around as needed provided you're willing to pay the FC. At the very least, the star level should be constant. I leveled up and was offered a 5-star yellow dye house and then immediately after that when I leveled up again I was offered a 1-star ghost house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad