Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Does anyone have one of those 5-star Rare Kitchens? I'm trying to get 2 so I have a lazy way to level things up, but trying to get one off the randos in my plaza is basically pointless considering I've only ever seen one solitary visitor with anything 5-star, never mind the kitchen.

Only thing is that I've heard getting that first connection with a friend in festival plaza can be a PITA because people on your friends list apparently don't default to VIP status, so if they go online and the plaza is full you don't see them.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think Sinnoh remake gets announced. That covers 4-5 minutes of the 8.

I also think they announce a Pokken port. That covers maybe 2-3 minutes.

The last 10 seconds? They put a star inside of a Switch screen, flash a 2018, and go to black. Pandemonium ensues.

Good chance for both of the first two.

I'd say the last thing is guaranteed. :laugh: That's the most Nintendo way to do anything, ever.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Does anyone have one of those 5-star Rare Kitchens? I'm trying to get 2 so I have a lazy way to level things up, but trying to get one off the randos in my plaza is basically pointless considering I've only ever seen one solitary visitor with anything 5-star, never mind the kitchen.

Only thing is that I've heard getting that first connection with a friend in festival plaza can be a PITA because people on your friends list apparently don't default to VIP status, so if they go online and the plaza is full you don't see them.
Yes, I have the 5 star Rare Kitchens with one set as my first building so people can get it. If you need me to be online in order to get access to it, I can probably be around tonight.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Guessing:

-Pokken port to Switch
-Pokemon Go Summer event - increased Fire and Ice spawns in June
-Magikarp Splash exclusive content or something
-Pokemon Switch game continuing the Coliseum/XD storyline, but with more integration into the mainline games
-Pokemon Stars/Eclipse slated for release Fall 2017

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Not Pokemon Star but close enough
Necrozma fusing with Solgaleo and Lunala pretty much confirmed.

Wonder what they meant by "new" Pokemon. I would be surprised if they meant there would be totally new Pokemon. Probably just a different dex.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
left_45fisd9g.png
right_09qwme78.png

They look so amazing. Wonder if they will be a different type (could totally see Fire and Ice combined with the obvious Psychic)

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
left_45fisd9g.png
right_09qwme78.png

They look so amazing. Wonder if they will be a different type (could totally see Fire and Ice combined with the obvious Psychic)
This is awesome. I'm excited for this, even if it is fairly predictable. If it has new move tutors and some sort of battle facility, along with hunting the legendary Pokemon post game like in ORAS, I'll be even more excited.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This is awesome. I'm excited for this, even if it is fairly predictable. If it has new move tutors and some sort of battle facility, along with hunting the legendary Pokemon post game like in ORAS, I'll be even more excited.
NEW MEGA EVOLUTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNSssss

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
NEW MEGA EVOLUTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNSssss
Haha, I'd be excited for those as well, but I don't see them happening.

Seems like most people on the internet are rather upset about the announcement and that they aren't on the Switch. We have basically no information about the games, why don't people wait a bit until we get more news before they get so agitated?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I have no issue if these games aren't on the Switch. I'm sure we'll see a complete Pokémon game at some point on the Switch, just have to wait.

That said, I ****ing love Ultra Lunala's look (I'm gonna call them Ultra forms for now, since that's likely what these are...)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Would be nice if they could fix Kommo-o and actually give it access to a lot more fighting type moves.
Superpower would be nice. Close Combat could be broken. What I would have liked is if it could boost it's SpAtk outside of Work Work Work Work Work Wo-work

By the way, I just tought about it. Since it will be a new story set in the same world, I have to think there will be new Ultra Beasts - especially if the story is drastically different, since the current UBs were basically based on characters from the story...

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
could definitely see new alolan forms

I could see this too.

Superpower would be nice. Close Combat could be broken.

By the way, I just tought about it. Since it will be a new story set in the same world, I have to think there will be new Ultra Beasts - especially if the story is drastically different, since the current UBs were basically based on characters from the story...

If they have all of the Move Tutors from ORAS, Superpower would be an option.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Considering I didn't enjoy S&M much, not sure if I'll buy this......

Nah, who am I kidding. I'm buying this day 1, I'm whipped.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Superpower would be nice. Close Combat could be broken. What I would have liked is if it could boost it's SpAtk outside of Work Work Work Work Work Wo-work

Honestly, just getting Mach Punch and Drain Punch would be huge for it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ugh, why couldn't there be Crystal for the Virtual Console? If I recall correctly, you only get one of each evolution stone per game! (excluding the Moon Stone, which you can get once a week)

Edit: That is for Gold/Silver only. You could get more than one in Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad