Pokemon Thread #22 - Vacationing in Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Got an Adamant Abra with Synchronize, used it to get an Adamant Ditto. Now the fun can begin.

Got all the Tapu's and UB's. Now it's just a matter of trawling through GTS and breeding the **** out of everything I have.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh I did. I started another 200+ chain yesterday for Bagon again, and accidentally ran away as I was half asleep at the time. This shiny chaining this has not been good to me. I dread having to do this for Beldum and Jangmo-o as well.

If you're shiny chaining and really want to torture yourself, I guess you could always chase after a shiny female Salandit.

As much as I love Metagross (especially shiny) catching Beldum is an absolute nightmare with that damn Take Down self kill and the fact that he's impossible to catch even with Ultra Balls and almost no health. Like the ball doesn't even shake.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I've got some imperfect Beast Ball Beldums ready for whoever wants one. Going to move on to my Vulpix now, so will have them a little later.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Oh I did. I started another 200+ chain yesterday for Bagon again, and accidentally ran away as I was half asleep at the time. This shiny chaining this has not been good to me. I dread having to do this for Beldum and Jangmo-o as well.

If you're shiny chaining and really want to torture yourself, I guess you could always chase after a shiny female Salandit.

Lead with a male pokemon that has Cute Charm and I think you have an 80% chance of getting the opposing gender.

Also I have some Beast Ball Gibles, imperfect IV's, both Jolly and Adamant. HMU.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Been on the same Stufful chain for 2 days now, I'm all out of items and on my last legs moves wise. Trying to just milk out one and let them beat each other up while I try to switch around. Pretty frustrating that there hasnt been a shiny yet

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
****ing slowbro...

I just realized i have the wrong Carbink for skill swap... Im like a hundred slowpoke in my chain. Jeeeezuz.

Also, i really want those beast ball pokes, yall crazy.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
lmao I have 35 hours into this game and Im in between the fire and grass trials ****ing chaining Stufful jesus christ

btw if you want to waste turns while chaining just try to use another adrenaline orb, does nothing and you don't lose it. Just skips to the next turn

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I caught my Solgaleo in a regular Pokeball lol. Only took like 5-6 throws.
Took me one try with a poke ball with the Moon legendary.

Didn't gamefreak make catching legendaries much easier with their newer games cause I remember using like 40+ ultra balls when trying to catch legendaries in older games.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll get on a few Beast balls also...

Slowpokes are Heal ball, Bold and regenerator.

I'll work on some Gible's. What's the catch rate on beast balls ? I think imma start breeding them too. :laugh: They're so cool.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I'll get on a few Beast balls also...

Slowpokes are Heal ball, Bold and regenerator.

I'll work on some Gible's. What's the catch rate on beast balls ? I think imma start breeding them too. :laugh: They're so cool.
Serebii says the capture rate for Beast Balls on regular Pokemon is 0.1.

Which sounds awful.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Caught about 10 Jangmo-Os in the past 5 hours or so, but none of them have Razor Claw. At least I've been able to trade them on GTS for cool pokemon

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I got my Beast Ball Gible on the GTS which makes me suspicious. Still using it for breeding though.

Saw a Shiny Beast Ball Oranguru on GTS yesterday, which was clearly hacked :laugh:

Just need Palossand, Lurantis, Necrozma, and Lunala and I'll have the new Alola Dex finished. Starting on a living Dex so I'll need to fill in the gaps from my Gen 6 box.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
As much as I love Metagross (especially shiny) catching Beldum is an absolute nightmare with that damn Take Down self kill and the fact that he's impossible to catch even with Ultra Balls and almost no health. Like the ball doesn't even shake.

I finally got that Bagon. I started shiny farming for a Beldum but realized I need a ton of leppa berries. Beldum chaining is easier if you load up on a few ghost types, takedown doesn't work so they don't suicide. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do that though, my berries will be good to go then.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I finally got that Bagon. I started shiny farming for a Beldum but realized I need a ton of leppa berries. Beldum chaining is easier if you load up on a few ghost types, takedown doesn't work so they don't suicide. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do that though, my berries will be good to go then.

I didn't consider that.

I'm totally considering catching 4 more Fearows for my fifth attempt at Rockruff. It can learn u turn and false swipe.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'm 90% sure that my beast ball Beldum is legit, I got it as part of a Reddit chain breeding giveaway (everyone person given one, trades 2) which was started by one of the first guys known to have caught one.

Anyways, I also have beast ball HA Mareanie now, so will be breeding those too. My projects which I can trade to people:

Beldum: Adamant, beast ball
Mareanie: Regenerator, Calm/Bold, Stockpile/swallow/spit up/haze, beast ball
Vulpix: Snow Warning, Timid, Freeze Dry/Mooblast/Encore/Disable, moon ball

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Got through Lusamine last night.

[spoil]before her and Guzma HOP INTO THE ****ING WORMHOLE WTF[/spoil]

Was that Clefable supposed to be competitive? Because it felt like it. Although it kept using Metronome :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad