Pokemon Thread #22 - Vacationing in Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Lusamine late in the game

[spoil]lmao, I was about to get 6-0ed by her Clefable because it got like 3 Cosmic Power in, but it used Metronome and the move was that move where you and your foe's pokemon switch the attribute changes (I can't remember the move) and now my Primarina has +3 Def and +4 Sp.Def and sweeping [/spoil]

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You might say that... the struggle is real.

:sarcasm:

Solid. But I still had like 50 false swipes left. Just...thats not gonna help me. I'll try again another time. That particular hunt broke my spirit. Granted when I shiny hunt I'm always doing something else too.

And it didn't help that I left battle animations on. I probably could've been done a lot faster.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Solid. But I still had like 50 false swipes left. Just...thats not gonna help me. I'll try again another time. That particular hunt broke my spirit. Granted when I shiny hunt I'm always doing something else too.

And it didn't help that I left battle animations on. I probably could've been done a lot faster.

Yeah I feel you. Shiny hunting is a true test of will, imo. How many encounters did you get to in total?

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
So Jangmo-O's encounter rate is 5% and it has 5% of having razor claw? If my ****** math is correct, it has a 2.5% of me encountering a Jangmo-O with razor claw? Congrats to my Sneasel for never evolving!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah I feel you. Shiny hunting is a true test of will, imo. How many encounters did you get to in total?

I think you can subtract like 40 or so from accuracy missed moves across three attempts so combined attempts maybe 450? I did it for hours waiting to leave for Thanksgiving dinner. I really want one though. Friend safari was definitely easier. I could just mindlessly run around till a shiny pops up with that. The only added benefit to ally chaining is ev and experience gain and guaranteeing the Pokemon you get. Also if the chain is long, IVs can be high. I saw someone on reddit who chained Pikachus and his shiny was 5iv with one almost maxed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My Grubbin took a few hours too. Like I was so tired with it that I wasn't even excited. I just felt like I was overdue. I was more excited when I saw the IV spread.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
That'd be pretty sweet. You need anything in return?
If you have an extra destiny knot, that would be great, but I know that isn't likely at this point.

Anything is fine, really. I have a female one available right now if you want, but it is pretty poor IVs and nature.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
My Grubbin took a few hours too. Like I was so tired with it that I wasn't even excited. I just felt like I was overdue. I was more excited when I saw the IV spread.
What was the IV spread on the Grubbin? EDIT, nevermind, saw that you listed it before.

Also, try planting a bunch of Leppa berries. That is what I've been doing. I have 30ish now, so I shouldn't run out of PP very quickly during a hunt.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
If you have an extra destiny knot, that would be great, but I know that isn't likely at this point.

Anything is fine, really. I have a female one available right now if you want, but it is pretty poor IVs and nature.

Yeah I'm still midway through the third island so I don't have the destiny knot, but I can do a sort of I.O.U. for future trade.

IVs and nature won't matter since the chained one I got is Modest, so no worries.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Yeah I'm still midway through the third island so I don't have the destiny knot, but I can do a sort of I.O.U. for future trade.

IVs and nature won't matter since the chained one I got is Modest, so no worries.
Okay, cool. I'm on now if you're available. My FC is 2251-5009-9477, I think I still have you added though. IGN is Matt.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What was the IV spread on the Grubbin? EDIT, nevermind, saw that you listed it before.

Also, try planting a bunch of Leppa berries. That is what I've been doing. I have 30ish now, so I shouldn't run out of PP very quickly during a hunt.

Yeah that's my plan. I've been planting other berries but I'm gonna focus on those for now.

I'm really into going for shinies again...legit ones, cause my pokemon y file had about 40 legit shinies before it got corrupted.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Oh Toucannon has Skill Link?

[spoil]I was wondering why bullet seed kept hitting 5 times every time I used it[/spoil]

As cool as Lycanroc is, its moveset is quite lacking

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Okay, this is getting silly. I just got a shiny Corsola when I was trying to catch Regenerator Mareanie. I had just gotten Mareanie the encounter before, why couldn't it have been the shiny? :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay, this is getting silly. I just got a shiny Corsola when I was trying to catch Regenerator Mareanie. I had just gotten Mareanie the encounter before, why couldn't it have been the shiny? :laugh:

fry_squinting.gif

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Your boy just got hooked up with two 6 iv dittos from a twitch giveaway. First person to claim it gets the spare.

Sure. What nature? I have nothing to trade back, though...

I'm at the same point in both of my games (only finished the first island since I've been doing other stuff lately). It took me over an hour longer on one of them. :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
When you forget to kill that Pikipek in exchange for the other one so it kills itself with struggle

Oops. Almost 200 encounters now. Gotta heal up the dudes before going back in. Unfortunately I was dumb and didn't bring a full party of Pokemon to take on these Pikipeks, and one of the mons I did bring was my Flame Body Magmar which I thought would be fine until I realized I was messing around with potential burns. Sigh.

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Your boy just got hooked up with two 6 iv dittos from a twitch giveaway. First person to claim it gets the spare.
I got one last night too, along with a Destiny Knot. I didn't realize that those were already floating around. Now I can stop trying to chain for Ditto.

I'll keep people advised of my breeding projects in case anyone wants my rejects. Tonight I'll be doing:

Vulpix- Timid
Moonball
Snow Warning

Freeze Dry
Moonblast
Encore
Disable

If anyone wants one let me know. I don't really need anything in exchange unless you want a perfect IV spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad