Pokemon Thread #22 - Vacationing in Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
I was wondering if somebody more experienced with the competitive breeding could give me a run down on the best way to approach getting for example a 5 IV Pokemon.

I've never really taken a serious approach to the breeding in regards to aiming for specific IV's. The most in depth I've gone is egg moves and breeding for natures and such.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I was wondering if somebody more experienced with the competitive breeding could give me a run down on the best way to approach getting for example a 5 IV Pokemon.

I've never really taken a serious approach to the breeding in regards to aiming for specific IV's. The most in depth I've gone is egg moves and breeding for natures and such.

Mash two Pokemon with favourable IVs and hope for the best. Actually not even joking.There should be an IV guy in the game that tells you what specific IVs your Pokemon has. Since it's random you have to hatch a couple of batches to get the favourable 5 IVs for the Pokemon you want or need. Especially if you are breeding for Nature and ability, it might be a bit more.

A 6 IV Ditto would be ideal for breeding. I'm not too far in Sun and Moon to know how to get Dittos and such yet. So someone could help you with that. You would at least want a 3 IV Ditto.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Mash two Pokemon with favourable IVs and hope for the best. Actually not even joking.There should be an IV guy in the game that tells you where to what specific IVs your Pokemon has.

A 6 IV Ditto would be ideal for breeding. I'm not too far in Sun and Moon to know how to get Dittos and such yet. So someone could help you with that.

Basically this. Here's a few extra notes:

- Ditto can be found in the wild at Mount Hokulani. If you chain them long enough you can get Dittos with 4 IVs which currently is the best available without hacking them in.

- There's an Ace Trainer at a post-game area called the Battle Tree who will unlock IV judging for you, at which point you'll be able to check out the IVs of each mon in the PC, you won't have to withdraw them and take them to a specific guy anymore. Super helpful.

Other than that, yeah. Mash together mons that have good IVs and hope for the best.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Got the Starter mons. If anyone needs 'em just PM me. Ideally looking for Moon exclusive Pokemon.

However because I'm still in the story campaign, I won't be able to breed for IVs.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Can't decide between using Pikipek or Rufflet :(

If Rufflet evolved earlier it'd be an easy decision

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Can't decide between using Pikipek or Rufflet :(

If Rufflet evolved earlier it'd be an easy decision
Rufflet is one of my favorite flying pokemon, but I'll go with Pikipek.

Caught a Serperior with the QR code thing, I don't know if I want to replace Tsareena with it.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Rufflet is one of my favorite flying pokemon, but I'll go with Pikipek.

Caught a Serperior with the QR code thing, I don't know if I want to replace Tsareena with it.

Yea I'm leaning more towards Pikipek. I love Rufflet but waiting until mid 50's for it to evolve is too much.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Sigh, I can't wait to finally finish the game so I can trade.

It wouldn't be fun the first playthrough if I didn't play it as naturally as possible. After that? Don't care :laugh:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Toucannon is amazing. Go with Piki.

Also, Halas Hariyama is a fkn monster man.

He's amazing yet you're having trouble with Hala's Hariyama :ghost2: I kid, thanks for the heads up! I'll go with Piki here.

This is my 2nd go around. I stopped right at the elite four, just wasn't feeling the team I had. Plus they were underleveled and I didn't want to have to train them up :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dear god it's already day time in my game now and I still don't have a shiny rockruff. I'm down to just like 13 U-Turn moves between two pokemon and then I'll have no possible moves left.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011

There's a subreddit where you can buy 6IV Dittos for 50 cents.

I got 2 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad