Status
Not open for further replies.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
okay, here's a more interesting topic

rank your favorite NPC's.

FYI, I'm not going to include Red in here even though he's an NPC in gens 2 and 4.

1) Steven Stone
2) Youngster Joey
3) The Looker
4) Lance
5) Cynthia
6) Archie (Maxie's a ***** and I hate him)
7) Silver

that's all I got for now, I'm sure I'm missing people

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

FYI, I'm not going to include Red in here even though he's an NPC in gens 2 and 4.

1) Steven Stone
2) Youngster Joey
3) The Looker
4) Lance
5) Cynthia
7) Silver

Funny story, the first time I played Silver and ran into our rival and it showed his name as ????. I was really young and I didn't understand that we could name him whatever we wanted. So when they asked who was the thief who took one of Elm's pokemon, I just entered ???? because I actually thought that was his name. I didn't realize until later that his name was actually Silver.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Funny story, the first time I played Silver and ran into our rival and it showed his name as ????. I was really young and I didn't understand that we could name him whatever we wanted. So when they asked who was the thief who took one of Elm's pokemon, I just entered ???? because I actually thought that was his name. I didn't realize until later that his name was actually Silver.

:laugh: I think we all did

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Even Feebas could learn Ice Beam...

There's always Icy Wind. :sarcasm:
Seriously only Rotom-Wash (due to the whole mechanics behind its learnset, so that makes sense), Godkarp and Seismitoad can't learn it amongst water types. :rant:

I must say I wish it had a better attack stat too, since it has access to a much better movepool of physical attacks than special attacks. :( But that's how the Swords of Justice work ! (Cobalion and Virizion have the same atk/sp.atk, and trade def and sp.def, Keldeo and Terrakion have the same def/sp.def but trade atk and sp.atk)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

1) Steven Stone
2) Youngster Joey
3) The Looker
4) Lance
5) Cynthia
7) Silver

Blue
Steven Stone
Dexio & Sina
Giovanni
Colress
Bill
Hugh
Blaine
N
Lorelei
The Shadow Triad

I hated Lysandre in the games, but he was bad ass in the anime. Much more manipulative and less overtly evil. He really came off as a mastermind and not just a crazy guy who loves beauty.

May 27, 2012
Earth
If I don't count remakes in the remade gen (so no credit for HGSS in Gen IV)

II
I
IV
VI
III
V

if not for ORAS, III would be at the bottom. I hated Emerald and how extra grindy it felt. I feel like the dislike for D/P is overstated, but I might have to do a replay of one of those games to get a better perspective.

The Clone Wars was your favourite movie?

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
No actually it wasn't the Victory road, I don't remember what cave it was but there's a cave that I spent a few weeks in without really finding the right path.
I was 7 at that time also.

FWIW, it took me 2 years to finish Pokemon Gold as a kid in Grade 4...

Not proud of this. Wanna know what was my casual filter? The goddamn Ice Path.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seriously only Rotom-Wash (due to the whole mechanics behind its learnset, so that makes sense), Godkarp and Seismitoad can't learn it amongst water types. :rant:

I must say I wish it had a better attack stat too, since it has access to a much better movepool of physical attacks than special attacks. :( But that's how the Swords of Justice work ! (Cobalion and Virizion have the same atk/sp.atk, and trade def and sp.def, Keldeo and Terrakion have the same def/sp.def but trade atk and sp.atk)

Volcanion can't learn it if I recall correctly.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

1) Steven Stone
2) Youngster Joey
3) The Looker
4) Lance
5) Cynthia
7) Silver

Haha, Youngster Joey.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I gotta get going and complete the dex before S&M come out. I know Pokebank won't be around until January, but I would rather have it done so I can enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad