GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/23 7PM EDT

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Thank God that was the 4th goal and not the third so we didn't have to stop the celebration and do the sleepy Mexican Hat Dance song before continuing to celebrate.

What a crowd, my ears are still ringing!

You and I don't agree on much, but this comment is spot on. Kill the Chili Chant. My ears are ringing too.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You and I don't agree on much, but this comment is spot on. Kill the Chili Chant. My ears are ringing too.

It's the worst...it was fine in the early years when we needed silly gimmicks to put ***** in seats, but we are a legit hockey franchise now and it's time to put a bullet in that buzzkill of a tradition. Or at the very least, do it on the first whistle AFTER the goal, not during the goal celebration and interrupt the goal song!

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
It's the worst...it was fine in the early years when we needed silly gimmicks to put ***** in seats, but we are a legit hockey franchise now and it's time to put a bullet in that buzzkill of a tradition. Or at the very least, do it on the first whistle AFTER the goal, not during the goal celebration and interrupt the goal song!

My sentiments exactly. The funny part is I went to high school with the arena organist and I sent him a message today telling him he did a great job, but asked him if there was any way I could convince him to never play the Chili Chant ever again.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
My sentiments exactly. The funny part is I went to high school with the arena organist and I sent him a message today telling him he did a great job, but asked him if there was any way I could convince him to never play the Chili Chant ever again.

That would be awesome, I would even be fine with moving it to after the first play after the goal, then all the kids could get what they want and we don't play the Mexican Hat Dance instead of our goal song!

On a side note, imagine what this team would be doing with a HEALTHY Horton! The one that was a beast last year for Boston in the playoffs!

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
DSL ->

I believe this is what you are searching for?

1907292_489095584525907_2043316126265674408_n.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

zmancartfan

Jan 21, 2011
Medina, OH
Notice that the cannon is fired three times?

I like to think it was a three volley salute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-volley_salute

"It consists of a rifle party firing blank cartridges into the air three times. The custom originates from the European dynastic wars, where the fighting ceased so the dead and wounded could be removed. Then, three shots were fired into the air to signal that the battle could resume."

Rather fitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad