GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/23 7PM EDT

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
DSL look thru dispatch photos...there's one there...just made my background...also, i never saw Nick Schultz get split open

http://www.dispatch.com/content/slideshows/2014/04/23/jackets-penguins.html

jackets-0424-slideshow-051.jpg

also wanna know what Prout is saying here to bennett

jackets-0424-slideshow-046.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
OH. Excuse me. Sorry.

Maybe you need to be LOUDER. :nod:

lol, yeah - that was it.

The cannon is louder than the crowd - if you want an example take the Lori Schmidt replay of the crowd that someone posted after the Nashville game. We were, obviously, louder but I think you just missed it in the excitement.

As an example, I didn't notice the first 5 or 6 seconds of the chilli chant but I could clearly hear it when I did notice it.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
crazy game last night and I gotta say, never thought Columbus was that much of a hockey market but you guys proved me wrong and Im glad.

Amazing come back win. Habs made one hell of a comeback against the Sens in March and ever since, we've been on a roll, hope this wins give the jackets the same kind of confidence. You guys can beat them and now, after that tying and OT goal, you are inside Fleury's head.

To think you have guys like Wennberg, Rychel and Heatherington in the minors..wow. You guys are going to be an exciting team to watch.

Hope to meet you in the Eastern Conference Final....wont be so nice though ;)

And Dansk, Forsberg, Dano, Erixon, Reilly, Goloubef, Bjorkstrand, etc.... It is a great time to be a Blue Jackets fan.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
DSL look thru dispatch photos...there's one there...just made my background...also, i never saw Nick Schultz get split open]

Thanks for the heads-up, Fro. There were some in that slideshow I hadn't seen. I have a buddy who's a Dispatch photog and he linked 'em on his FB.

Watched the trainer work on Schultz right in front of me - almost the exact same spot as RJ got opened up.

This is my new fave. There was a video angle somewhere (they showed it in-arena last night) that showed Foligno from this spic to the earlier one I posted. He is just laughing/cackling/giggling. I think that is why he's my favorite Jacket.

1012563_10101860406342778_5009015611626410115_n.jpg

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Just...wow. For all the years of disappointment, low expectations, yada yada, this moment is really sweet. To see this team come back like that was just amazing. I turned to my buddy at the beginning of the third, and told him that I felt a Foligno goal coming. Didn't know why, just felt he was due. Glad my ESP was working tonight. Tonight tops my sports experiences, by far.

Haven't been keeping up with threads on here much during the playoffs, but props to the CBJ fans. Having subjected myself to all the Pens games this season, I was worried about getting ran out of the building by bandwagon Pens fans. I would estimate maybe a few hundred Pens supporters in the building for both games. Very happy to see. And wow, what a crowd tonight. My ears were still ringing after the third from how loud it was. The 5th Line brought it for both games but especially tonight. So proud of this team and happy for all the fans, weather they have been there the whole time or not. This series is generating a buzz for this team that is going to add quite a few new fans and bring some back.

Speaking of bandwagon Pens fans, fun story. I was checking out the autographed memorabilia after the first, and they had a signed James Neal photo. As I walked by I gave a not so friendly sign language to the picture, just #becauseitsthecup. A Pens fan walking behind says, "nice, flip a guy off who has won a Stanley Cup." So I respond that he is an a-hole and a dirty player and deserves it as I continue walking, and he continues talking about Neal being a Cup winner. This super fan didn't not realize the Neal hasn't won jack, so I start yelling from the escalator extolling the virtues of the "real" Penguins fan and the knowledge of his team. Nobody really heard me or paid attention, but it was funny to me that this guy was admonishing me when he had no idea what he was talking about.

I think this is why subconciously i'm pulling so hard for you guys, i can definitely relate to that :). Take them in 6 please!

Typical bandwagon Pens fan, doesn't even realize Neil joined the team in 2010 and the Penguin won the cup in 2009

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
DSL look thru dispatch photos...there's one there...just made my background...also, i never saw Nick Schultz get split open

Yeah..beauty of a high stick. Thanks Pens for the 4 minute minor which then included a 2 minute "Delay of Game" minor for full 2 minutes of 5-3 time to get 2nd goal:handclap:

jackets-0424-slideshow-051.jpg

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
I'm still riding that emotional high from last night.....how am I supposed to concentrate on studying for finals right now?!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
one (minor) disappointment from last night...that after the 3 stars the team didn't give the crowd the curtain call it was begging for

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
one (minor) disappointment from last night...that after the 3 stars the team didn't give the crowd the curtain call it was begging for

I kinda was hoping for that at the time too...but I kinda now feel like their frame of mind is that "we still have business to do". The win was huge Gorilla off the back of the long-time fans, but the players see it as just 50% to the goal of winning this series and 1/8th the way to the Stanley Cup.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I kinda was hoping for that at the time too...but I kinda now feel like their frame of mind is that "we still have business to do". The win was huge Gorilla off the back of the long-time fans, but the players see it as just 50% to the goal of winning this series and 1/8th the way to the Stanley Cup.

yeah, that makes 100% sense...that's why its only a minor thing...the fans wanted to enjoy it...just imagine though if this team wins Sat and clinches at home Monday.... :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Exactly why I wasn't disappointed. (Well, almost exactly,. I'm not sure why you capitalized gorilla, but anyway...) Dubi blew off Mike Todd for a post-game in-arena interview, too. Didn't bother him.

Additionally, I wasn't begging for a curtain-call, I just didn't want to leave.

yeah, that makes 100% sense...that's why its only a minor thing...the fans wanted to enjoy it...just imagine though if this team wins Sat and clinches at home Monday.... :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Even then I'd have mixed feelings about a curtain-call.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Twenty years ago someone tells me that one of my best moments as a sports fan will be in a game in which the team from Pittsburgh loses, I tell them they've lost their effing mind.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I don't think they should have done that. They should only do that in the last home game (or what might be the last home game) of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad