GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/23 7PM EDT

Abrissbirne

Feb 23, 2014
It's great to see people really taking notice of Columbus now - I've heard a lot of jokes in the past about the Jackets being totally irrelevant, so it's especially satisfying to see the team and the fans proving that wrong.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
From the opposite side of the arena in 226 I almost didn't here cannon on the 3rd goal.

Such an amazing atmosphere. By far the best game I've ever been too.

So many games I've been too the crowd would have been lifeless after the 1st goal. I was so proud of how the fans stuck with them and never list hope. Truley a memory that I will never forget. Go Jackets.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Upon reflection, that might have been one of the best hockey game I've witnessed live in my entire life. That's speaking as a day one Chill STH, a day one CBJ STH and a fan of another NHL team before that (that shall not be spoken of in this thread).

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Awesome stuff. Love hearing this. I wish I could see the NBC Sports broadcast of the game. They did a replay on NHL Network today and even blacked it out:(

Do you have Time Warner? If you download the TWCTV app on your phone or tablet, the NBCSN feed on there isn't blacked out.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Not sure if anyone gave credit but I have to give credit to Dubinsky on the tying goal. It seemed like it was an empty net shot but it looked like Duby did a nice job shooting it in between Crosby and Letang who both went down to block the shot. Maybe it's the camera angle but it didn't seem like an easy shot to make.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It's great to see people really taking notice of Columbus now - I've heard a lot of jokes in the past about the Jackets being totally irrelevant, so it's especially satisfying to see the team and the fans proving that wrong.
Even some fan on the main Pens/Jackets thread wrote this.

Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Dozens of media outlets say the same thing about Columbus, I'm assuming he is a bit tired of it. Thus far they have done pretty well and havent gotten recognized much until recently.

That being said, I'm not really looking to give Pittsburgh a reason to get even more fired up. Rather not see the "nothing special" comment, but it is what it is.

THEN SOME GUY RESPONDS TO THAT WITH THIS.

The thing is Columbus kinda is nothing special.
The penguins are playing with a bunch of guys fresh off the DL, with things like STROKE and blood clots. The penguins at full capacity would have been up 3-0 now.

Theyre the islanders of last year with less jam, but a better goalie. And look who missed the playoffs the year after. Columbus is a 8-12th place team. Pretty much the definition of nothing special. The penguins are basically the divison winners for the next 5 years if nothing crazy happens.

bizzz*

"Jack Johnson is in the upper-tier of defenseman in the NHL, he is Montreal's PK Subban." - Pierre

Quick, someone tell the advanced stat nerds.

Yeah, but Shero, Bylsma and Poile think that Brooks Orpik is better than JMFJ.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The more I think about this game, the more I ask myself: "How in the actual **** did we win that game?"

It was shear power of will. The fans willed them on. The players willed each other on. With a minute to go, I was actually shocked that it looked like we WEREN'T going to win that game.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Pierre has been talking about the Blue Jackets in glowing terms for the entire second half of the season. :yo:

Pierre has actually been speaking highly of our team for much longer than that. From the off season, an interview at the draft with Rimer:

[NHL]262916[/NHL]

"I think with Detroit and Columbus moving into the east it's going to be very, very difficult for some of the teams who missed the playoffs this year to make them next year...Detroit and Columbus will both make the playoffs in the eastern conference".

"People aren't going to respect Columbus enough early on, and then they're going to find out..."

"You can never underestimate the importance of size, of grit, of character...if you don't have character you aren't making it to the Cup Final"

Say what you will about the guy, but there are few minds that understand the game as well as Pierre. He's between the glass for a reason after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad