GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/23 7PM EDT

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
So who slept last? What an amazing game!! 14 years waiting for this atmosphere, THIS is what hockey is about!!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
reading last couple of pages...its kinda dusty in here....

what a night, it still really hasn't sunk in what I saw...unbelievable...and I forgot to get a program...thank god for friends that have to stay late to write stories for the team! hahahaha

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
What a game! Loving all the heart and grit Jackets are showing everytime they lace up! Good luck, guys!

At least there's something positive after my Bolts got swept :cry:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wennberg has got to be psyched to be with this team after watching a game like that!!!

Was also fun to see that group of "old timers", Cassells, Odeline, JPG and a couple of others in the building watching what they helped build.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
One more thing after watching the tying goal. Please for the love of all that is holy, DITCH THE CHILI CHANT, it really took away from the celebration and the deafening noise. I lost my marbles at the arena when they played that.

Chili was definitely the last thing on my mind when Dubie scored, that's for sure.

I agree - I think it's time to send the CC to the glue factory.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
We need louder, playoff caliber cannon discharges. I'm not sure I've heard it on any goal.

I am also in favor of a Wear-Your-Blue-Jackets-Jersey to work on Monday! Let's make it happen!

And for what it is worth, Pittsburgh had a chili type promo. They scored their third goal. Regular celebration. At the next stoppage, before the PA announcer they put the promo on the big board to get a follow up cheer.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Chili was definitely the last thing on my mind when Dubie scored, that's for sure.

I agree - I think it's time to send the CC to the glue factory.

I don't know what he was talking about. No one really noticed the chili chant - hardly anyone (at least in my area) even started up the chant.

There are some that hate it, it wasn't even mildly distracting. I hardly heard them announce the third goal - can we say it distracted from anything? That celebration was long and loud. The longest goal celebration I've seen - at least for one that didn't end the game.

Look if the Jackets are making some cash to spend close to the cap and the NHL isn't putting advertisements on the jersey's, I'm ok with a silly chant on our third goal.

We need louder, playoff caliber cannon discharges. I'm not sure I've heard it on any goal.

Ok, no hyperbole. I heard it on every goal. I had a hard time hearing the them announce the third goal, but I heard the cannon.

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
I saw Niskanen jawing with a 5th liner when he left the box at the end of the second. Is there anyone on that team that isn't a headcase?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

BTW....does anyone taunt their pets like they were Fleury? Or have I just been to too many hockey games lately.

BAI --- LEY...BAI----LEY....BAI---LEY... (the wife says I'm being mean, but Bailey seems to like the attention)

I was tempted to do this at my daughter's soccer game last night, to the opposing goalie.

rondonald

Mar 11, 2009
Definitely heard the chili chant on the tie goal. Mostly was drown out by other fans but it was enough to hear it and hate it

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Just to illustrate how people are indivduals.

The chilli chant does nothing for me; one way or another. The minority hate it with a fiery passion. Most fans just happily go along with it; I've seen fans (especially some of the kids) really look forward it.

Me, on the other hand, if I had to deal with the Blues goal celebrations (or the Preds for that matter) I found that so damn annoying. It would feel like I'm in an episode of Sesame Street counting the number cookies or something. With the Blues it would also be mixed with a bad game-show or something.

I think every arena has it's annoyances.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Wennberg has got to be psyched to be with this team after watching a game like that!!!

Was also fun to see that group of "old timers", Cassells, Odeline, JPG and a couple of others in the building watching what they helped build.

Yeah that was cool. Odeline, more like OLDeline! Im sorry.

Anyways, that was the best game I've ever been to. I don't want to say it was worth almost 14 years of *****, but it almost makes up for it. The crowd, what can I say? The crowd was unreal. That's what we've been waiting five years for. I've never been anywhere that loud.

So happy I was there for that. I'll remember this one forever.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This is the closing image in a vid of the GWG on YT. I couldn't find it as an image, so I did a screenshot, which of course includes the play "botton." But still... Anyway, don't try and get this to play, it's a pic.

foligno.bmp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad