GDT: PO #3 | Penguins at FLYERS | Sun., April 15, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Just so we have it straight:

a) the following Flyers suck:

Filppula,
Simmonds,
Raffl,
Weal,
Weiss,
Macdonald,
Manning,
Gudas,
Lehtera,
Elliott,
Mrazek.

and

b) the coach sucks for not having that cadre of suckos ahead of the defending Stanley Cup Champions in an opening round playoff series.

No, the issue is that the coach is severely limiting the chance his team has of winning by utilizing awful deployment of his worthwhile players

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
sigh....honest question. Do you think HAK had a good game? Do you think he did everything he could have to impact the game in a positive way?

Yes.

The Pens are faster deeper stronger better.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Given they were trailing almost all game, this was as bad an offensive performance as you're gonna see. Pittsburgh isn't a great defensive team, but they don't give you time or space in the offensive zone. This should create passing lanes and opportunities if you're sharp, but we couldn't connect on a pass all night and half our forwards can't even accept passes cleanly.

Reactions: SickScottMondo

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
The roster is flawed, and the coach emphasizes those flaws with poor choices.

The “poor choices” you refer to is really just one; he puts these guys in the ice:

Filppula,
Simmonds,
Raffl,
Weal,
Weiss,
Macdonald,
Manning,
Gudas,
Lehtera,
Elliott,
Mrazek

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
No, the issue is that the coach is severely limiting the chance his team has of winning by utilizing awful deployment of his worthwhile players
I disagree.

If Konecny was on the top line, he’d be shut down the way Giroux has been.

You can’t beat a team like the Pens with one line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The “poor choices” you refer to is really just one; he puts these guys in the ice:

Filppula,
Simmonds,
Raffl,
Weal,
Weiss,
Macdonald,
Manning,
Gudas,
Lehtera,
Elliott,
Mrazek

Oh, you must have missed my posts where I go into detail about situational mistakes with players as well as overplaying bad players while underplaying better ones.

There are a lot of them. I'm not sure how you missed....wait, you haven't missed them. I've gone into this with you in detail. You had absolutely no answer.

Maybe you should adjust your opinions in light of the fact that they fail under basic scrutiny.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As I suspected the special teams play was a major factor in TKs ice time.

Sanheim led us in ES ice time which is cool.

Screenshot_20180415-181546.png

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
60 minutes is similar to 12. Good point.
You people object whenever Hakstol sends one of his sucko players onto the ice.

And they are half his roster.

For me, looking at these two rosters and these three games and concluding that the difference is coaching is lazy thinking.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I disagree.

If Konecny was on the top line, he’d be shut down the way Giroux has been.

You can’t beat a team like the Pens with one line.

Making the Giroux line more effective by replacing Raffl with Konecny would make it harder to shut down. Plus Konecny needs more minutes regardless of where he plays

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Making the Giroux line more effective by replacing Raffl with Konecny would make it harder to shut down.
Probably.

But then the third line would get totally dominated, because it’d feature three players who suck.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Probably.

But then the third line would get totally dominated, because it’d feature three players who suck.

We have 1 goal in our 2 losses. There is a desperation for scoring and our own coach is burying one of our top forwards by limiting his minutes. What you’re saying isn’t wrong either, but it’s a calculated risk that needs to be taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad