GDT: PO #3 | Penguins at FLYERS | Sun., April 15, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Scratch TK for Weal, and I'm serious. If this puke organization won't properly use TK, go with Weal Flip Simmer as they have had some good games.

Raffl is so fat and heavy you just can't take him out.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Farmville?

tenor.gif

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
He is irrational. I am not. My criticism of Hakstol is reasoned and built on fact. That's why you fall on your face every time you try to defend him.
Your criticism of Hakstol is idiotic, given your criticisms of half of his players.

SHANE523

Oct 18, 2016
No player in the league is flawless.

You are correct but we KNEW this was a downside to Jake when we got him and he has not changed (it was supposed to have been "fixed") and it looks to be getting worse.

I don't want players like him "showing" the young talent this type of play and them getting bad habits from it. Good leaders lead by example and he clearly is not a good option.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd trade both Voracek and Simmonds this offseason, pick up some young forwards who can skate, some more draft picks, then trade the later picks for more forwards while using the top picks to get players who can contribute in 2-3 years.

The one good thing is "bad" Gudas seems to be back, and that's a more effective player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You are correct but we KNEW this was a downside to Jake when we got him and he has not changed (it was supposed to have been "fixed") and it looks to be getting worse.

I don't want players like him "showing" the young talent this type of play and them getting bad habits from it. Good leaders lead by example and he clearly is not a good option.

Honestly this is just nonsense.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Essentially, if we go in front we win but if we go behind we lose.

This is because we succeed through youthful exuberance but have absolutely no tactical adaptability or off-ice control. To repeat a line used all season, everything we do is despite Hakstol and his circus. I can’t wait for him to leave.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
There's still positives from this game. The negative is the special teams and that led to the game getting away. Flyers needed to tie it with one of their two PPs in the first, but didn't do much.

SHANE523

Oct 18, 2016
It’s an 82+ game season. Everyone has had bad shifts and stupid penalties. He’s been particularly irritating this past month but your post is insanely knee jerk.

No, IF the Flyer forums were still around you could see that I have a history of me not being happy with him taking shifts off. Having a bad shift is one thing, he takes them off. This was a known issue when we got him.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Coaching shenanigans aside, this game was really lost because of Goaltending and Special Teams. Theirs was good. Ours was terrible.

Yep. This is going to be the real litmus test on Hextall this offseason - as much as we want him to, and as much as he should, he won't fire the head wankstain, so we might as well put it out of our minds. But if he doesn't ****can Lappy with extreme alacrity, something is terribly, terribly wrong.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I could have sworn the video I saw of Knob's PP in Erie, moving the puck from back to front, was a LOT more East-West than the North-South drop passes we are seeing here - in fact, I thought that was his big deal, moving the puck quickly from side to side to keep the defense on the back foot. Maybe that wasn't on their PP though.
do not adjust your tv set hak is in complete control ...............

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad