Please Kyle, just a few tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I hope Dubas does absolutely nothing of significance at the TD. Maybe a small add like Macquaid. This team is not a player or even two away from a serious cup contender and we should keep growing and finding our identity.

We are young and those bodies need to mature and become men. keep adding through the draft and when the appropriate time comes along pull the trigger on the final piece.

Stay the course and just draft. I wasn't a fan of throwing away our seconds on Boyle and Plek.

So long as it's not a rental.
If its Gudas, I'm fine.
Parayako, Hamilton, Pesce whoever.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
My target is a guy like Bouwmeester from St Louis. UFA at seasons end. He played 23 mins last game for St Louis.

You look at under the radar type D adds that have gone well in years past
Hainsey, Kempney, Trevor Daley, Justin Schultz all inexpensive adds by Cup winning teams at the deadline.

Guys like Bouwmeester can be a valuable minute muncher for the team at a low cost.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Thread touches on some truthful points but in a bit of an exaggerated, self-depreciating, and pessimistic perspective. No team is built perfectly though and you criticize every team top to bottom this way, Leafs are still a contender so everyone needs to relax......was good for a good laugh though

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Gudas, Muzzin and Toffoli should be targets.

Gudas can be had for a pick and lower prospect.

Muzzin and Toffoli can probably be had for 1st, Johnsson and second tier prospect, with throw in (Zaitsev).

Kapanen-Matthews-Toffoli
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Lindholm-Moore

Reilly-Muzzin
Gardiner-Gudas
Dermott-Hainsey

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
1-scrap this “roll out 4 fresh lines” approach; these are mostly young athletes, they can handle it. How is anybody supposed to get any momentum? Seems half the time players are switching, defense waiting behind the net patiently. Notice none of the following get less than 20 minutes a night: Point, Kucherov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Bergeron, Marchand, Pasternak, Crosby. Get Matthews, Marner etc up to 21 minutes minimum, best teams play their best players (and most of the above are older to boot).

2-Fill forward roster spots 10,11,12 with two muscular hittters (like a Ryan Reeves) who can skate, let the third spot go to a penalty killer. Play them sparingly but rotate the two “muscles” in and out of the top 3 lines without warning. Should create an energy rush at least, but no more unanswered assaults by opponents (like the hit on Dermott or Lindgrenblast night). Use sparingly though.

3-Stack the power play and give them the full 2 minutes, so they avoid not building any momentum because they exit after 2 or 3 forays and one minute at that. Practice makes perfect. Sure this isn’t always feasible given some of the “stacked group” may have just finished a shift, but where possible.

4-Get a “bruiser” on defense, sacrifice one spot to clear the enemy at times. Even put him on the P.K. (if he’s mobile enough) to clear the opponents front net presence.

Sorry Leafs, I love you dearly but as is I don’t believe this is a playoff team, it’s a wonderful talented team during the regular season, but can’t just have the “stick check skate by’s.

Well said, oppie. I especially agree our best players need to play way more. Let our best players play more (and together) and get bruisers. Well said.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Step 1 for Dubas.

Trade Jake Gardiner. Players that get booed out of town do not perform in the PO or for that team usually from that point on. It's completely pointless to keep the player. Trade him ASAP please and TY.

*I am a Jake Gardiner fan and supporter who actually thinks he is a good defender and that the people booing him were in the wrong.

Reactions: CelticDruid

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Upgrade on Par and Goat needed. But perhaps with Marlies, at least one.
I worry a bit about AJ's durability
And a d-man or two, doesn't have to be a top 4, but ideally.....

Reactions: DarkKnight

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Upgrade on Par and Goat needed. But perhaps with Marlies, at least one.
I worry a bit about AJ's durability
And a d-man or two, doesn't have to be a top 4, but ideally.....

I don't mind goat, we could do better obviously. He does his thing and everything seems pretty safe out there. Par AJ Brown are all fodder IMHO.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Thread touches on some truthful points but in a bit of an exaggerated, self-depreciating, and pessimistic perspective. No team is built perfectly though and you criticize every team top to bottom this way, Leafs are still a contender so everyone needs to relax......was good for a good laugh though

So as long as they're a "contender" but go out in the first round, everything is good?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Please Kyle.... just a few tweaks

giphy.gif

Reactions: CelticDruid

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
My target is a guy like Bouwmeester from St Louis. UFA at seasons end. He played 23 mins last game for St Louis.

You look at under the radar type D adds that have gone well in years past
Hainsey, Kempney, Trevor Daley, Justin Schultz all inexpensive adds by Cup winning teams at the deadline.

Guys like Bouwmeester can be a valuable minute muncher for the team at a low cost.
This is good...how mucha costa?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Easy, could have just kept McBackup who was a proven commodity. You likely lose Sparks, but most people in hockey don't think he's long for the NHL. I could see the move if we were a bottom feeder team (keep the young guy and hope), but we a team who should be in win mode, and he misjudged the quality of the player .

McBackup: 11-6-1, .915sv%, .500qs%
Sparks: 6-3-1, .907sv%, .500qs%

McBackup - Sparks best to worst starts

.980 - 1.000
.971 -- .974
.971 -- .971
.938 -- .931
.931 -- .929
.880 -- .867
.864 -- .857
.842 -- .853
.826 -- .844
.786 -- .806

Sparks has been a bit more jekyll and hyde, but that kind of inconsistency is expected with an inexperienced goalie.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Gudas, Muzzin and Toffoli should be targets.

Gudas can be had for a pick and lower prospect.

Muzzin and Toffoli can probably be had for 1st, Johnsson and second tier prospect, with throw in (Zaitsev).

Kapanen-Matthews-Toffoli
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Lindholm-Moore

Reilly-Muzzin
Gardiner-Gudas
Dermott-Hainsey

I'm not sure I don't like Johnsson better than Toffoli. He's seems to have a very good work ethic, and plays an aggressive game, but he also seems capable of 20 goal seasons. Toffoli can score more, but can't do much outside of that.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Does everyone mean Dave Nonis? Ya'll basically begging for his return. Go sign a Clarkson and trade for a Gleason, and bring in Orr and McLaren. Then we can beat up the Habs and miss the playoffs.
Toughness, toughness, and toughness - get these Euro skaters away!
Penalty box sitter watch the other team score, That's what Leafs fans demand as their payoff
Excessive skill needs to be re-balanced, all troglodytes agree and the Leafs fans have had their say
Trade the farm now! Bring in aging veterans! It always works out so well, let those kids win cups on some other team! grab the wheel and steer this Leafs ship way off!

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
You make a trade with a goal to get size, you lose because you sacrifice speed and skill.

You draft for size, you lose because you leave speed and skill on the table.

Take the most speed and skill available and if they happen to have size too that’s great.

If other teams are sacrificing speed and skill for size, I call that a market inefficiency and hope we take advantage.
Far too well reasoned for us Leafs fans!
Leafs fans want to drive away skill and prefer blown high draft picks and that kind of good -ol' fashioned Leafs Nation carnage.
Stupid Dubas! Stupid analytics! Stupid math based, and stupid logic based decision making! We want to be also-rans!
We are Leafs fans! What do we demand happen to our team? Let the kids take their damn skill and hoist Stanley cups elsewhere! Asset mismanage!

Reactions: mavis

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Although to be fair to the super genius you quoted, Dubas has previously said that “toughness” is not something they’re looking for because, you know, facts and evidence don’t support it being a useful component of a team.

So it’s still a “concern” to all the mental elite in the room.
Such a smug, intellectually lazy post. Toughness has ALWAYS been an important part of a good hockey team.
Up until you analytic kids who don't WATCH the game parachuted in from nowhere to try and ruin a great game.
Study a little hockey history and you will see how important toughness/character/grit/heart etc... is.
You may not comprehend that however; as none of those intangibles can be measured on a chart or with a number.
You have no idea what you missed.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
BANKING points what are you talking about Good position 2 points out 8th and points back from being in 9th. their 3-7 in their last 10 I think where are they banking points Not to mention other than Tampa havent beat a playoff team since almost before xmas. Typical leafs mentality losers again

Lol

Late enough quote? Things change, you know? Ffs

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Such a smug, intellectually lazy post. Toughness has ALWAYS been an important part of a good hockey team.
Up until you analytic kids who don't WATCH the game parachuted in from nowhere to try and ruin a great game.
Study a little hockey history and you will see how important toughness/character/grit/heart etc... is.
You may not comprehend that however; as none of those intangibles can be measured on a chart or with a number.
You have no idea what you missed.

heck in the reg season very very few leafs will take or give a hit- wait till playoffs even worse led by willy and jake. BOOK IT.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
IF Dubas does not get one or 2 players pref one forward one dman who are solid and can take a hit and give a hit. our team is still basically the same team as last year. Willy and jake among the 2 worst that cannot stand contact esp. jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad