Please Kyle, just a few tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
this post should be bookmarked. i gaurentee you this will be their downfall more then anything. other teams will finish all their checks. Our soft d and forwards outside of a few will be running around giving the puck away as usual.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
It's not really anything special to "call it" when it comes to not winning the cup. Like, we're not going to think you're a visionary or anything.
But if we play our cards right, and trade away a bunch of first round -draft picks, Nylander, Andreas Borgman, Pierre Engvall, Carl Grundstrom, Timothy Liljegren, Calle Rosen ,Rasmus Sandin and Dmytro Timashov we could not win the Stanley Cup not this year but every year!
And we need to fire this stupid Dubas and his idiot commitment to the scientific method and stupid analytics - at least that would be something
What we as Leafs fans know and understand is that the team needs toughness, not all of this skills crap, the Soviet Red Army team in Leafs uniforms? That is something Leafs fans fear!
Trading away skill is such an incredibly, incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do but we Leafs fans celebrate Post Concussion Syndrome styled hockey, and talent stumping

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
But if we play our cards right, and trade away a bunch of first round -draft picks, Nylander, Andreas Borgman, Pierre Engvall, Carl Grundstrom, Timothy Liljegren, Calle Rosen ,Rasmus Sandin and Dmytro Timashov we could not win the Stanley Cup not this year but every year!
And we need to fire this stupid Dubas and his idiot commitment to the scientific method and stupid analytics - at least that would be something
What we as Leafs fans know and understand is that the team needs toughness, not all of this skills crap, the Soviet Red Army team in Leafs uniforms? That is something Leafs fans fear!
Trading away skill is such an incredibly, incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do but we Leafs fans celebrate Post Concussion Syndrome styled hockey, and talent stumping
You're not serious are you?
Cause you're so wrong it's hilarious .

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
TVR, Jensen or Bouwmeester would be good depth additions for minimal assets at the deadline to help the blueline for the push. If the Leafs don't move Zaitsev it may be difficult to fit in a big fish on D next year. The plan should be to find a taker for him if they can find a reasonable deal for a better dman. That could prove to be challenging.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
So now Dubas added Tavares+Muzzin

#1C + #2D

Wow. Big moves. Dubas keep up the work

It's only halfway thru his first season in charge too. We waited years and years for a top pairing guy. Then you add JT to the mix. Simply and silently 2 beautiful move's.

All the people who judged him and wanted him gone should get ready to enjoy the taste of crow. Dubas is going to make a lot of posters get used to the taste.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
we have zero toughness. none. zero. thats a huge huge problem. how many times do we have to see it...
What kind of toughness do we need? The Matt Martin/ Colton Orr type or Tom Wilson type? Because the latter isn't readily available.

It would be nice to have players like that, but I've watched Pittsburgh and Chicago win 3 of the last 4 Cups without a very tough team. These teams didn't hammer or intimidate anyone physically. They won games because of their speed, skill and commitment to the systems they were playing. The Leafs could very well do the same. Our goaltending is very good, our defence is shored up and our forward group is elite.

And I wouldn't say we have zero toughness. What about Kadri, Muzzin, Brown and Hyman? They all finish their checks and fight in the corners. Heck, you could probably add Kappy and Johnsson to that list as well. They're all relatively gritty players in this day and age and they can all play hockey as well.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
An interesting statement from a Wendal Clark interview i heard yesterday. he said Hal Gil played 3rd pair for every team he ever played for until the playoffs where his minutes always spiked.
Got me thinking we need a couple of these types. Devate Smith-Pelley 4th line guy that can play with the top 9F effectively in the playoffs. Every good playoff team has them.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Notice none of the following get less than 20 minutes a night: Point, Kucherov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Bergeron, Marchand, Pasternak, Crosby. Get Matthews, Marner etc up to 21 minutes minimum, best teams play their best players (and most of the above are older to boot).

None of Tampa's forwards play over 20 minutes a night. They spread out their ice time just like us. They seem to be doing pretty well.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I would LOVE to make a move for Gudas, it would be the best deadline in a very long time, and no team would be cycling freely with Muzz and Gudas on the backend.

I would love to see every Bruin player crawl off the ice.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
But but he traded away our first rounder and Gundstorm, who is the next Rantanen
Bold.

Flat out we needed help on D. Hockey is a team game, not a collection of the best players possible. You build a team. You can give away a better player and receive a lesser player in return and be further ahead.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Expect Muzzin to play vs. the bergeron line. That's the whole point of adding him. And it seems like a great idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad