Please Do Something With Ladd

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Badd looked pretty good to start the year. His first step looked quicker; he actually cared about the game.

W that said, how does LTIR work? Does x player have to meet certain medical criteria to qualify? Can x player decline?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
the ladd saga kinda reminds me of dp , well maybe not as bad

I'm in the minority here so I won't even get in to it about DP. Guy signed a team friendly contract in terms of AAV at the height of his career. It would have been an amazing contract if he had made it through and it would have only been bad towards the tail end, kind of like Luongo's is. I never bought into the ridiculous team cancer, big ego mumbo jumbo. Dude bled Islanders orange and blue and I liked his swagger. I also know how difficult rehabbing an injury is once, much less several times. He was still young enough to battle back, but unfortunately could no longer compete at the NHL level after the injuries. This seems way different than Ladd who is at the twilight of his career and still trying to hold on. Just call it a day bud.

Reactions: TommytheCat

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Badd looked pretty good to start the year. His first step looked quicker; he actually cared about the game.

W that said, how does LTIR work? Does x player have to meet certain medical criteria to qualify? Can x player decline?
He cared about the game in the beginning of the year while now he doesn't? :dunno: That's a pretty ridiculous comment to make right there. What about his game makes you think that he doesn't care?

Isn't it possible that he's hurt? If you want to say he looks like shit out there, that's fine. I'd mostly agree with you. But to ascribe his looking like shit to not caring seems like a pretty big leap.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm in the minority here so I won't even get in to it about DP. Guy signed a team friendly contract in terms of AAV at the height of his career. It would have been an amazing contract if he had made it through and it would have only been bad towards the tail end, kind of like Luongo's is. I never bought into the ridiculous team cancer, big ego mumbo jumbo. Dude bled Islanders orange and blue and I liked his swagger. I also know how difficult rehabbing an injury is once, much less several times. He was still young enough to battle back, but unfortunately could no longer compete at the NHL level after the injuries. This seems way different than Ladd who is at the twilight of his career and still trying to hold on. Just call it a day bud.
He looked healthy at the beginning of the year in that he had some jump in his step until he got hurt. Since he's been back, he's been up and down and who knows what his story is with his latest injury.

If he is indeed hobbled from either of his injuries this year, he should take the time to get fully healthy. A beat up, hobbled Ladd isn't helping this team too much. On the other hand, a fully healthy Ladd would be a huge boon. I don't think we are seeing the latter one, unfortunately, this season.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
My gosh, this guy is useless! That's worse than awful. I'd love to know this team's record with him in the lineup. I'm not lobbying for Josh Ho-Sang or Michael Dal Colle, per se, but how could anyone think that putting the best team on the ice includes Andrew Ladd?

All that keeps going through my head is the 1992 Rangers, I believe after Adam Graves got suspended for slashing Mario Lemieux, and the Rangers called up Tony Amonte and he did great! Can't something like that happen with Keiffer Bellows, MDC, or even JHS? But please, Andrew Ladd is a drone who created a two man advantage for the other team. Worst signing in Islander history.

I think someone upstairs heard you. I don't wish injuries on anyone - ok, maybe tommy wilson - but he simply has done nothing on the ice for the team since he got here, and this might give room for younger, far better players like MDC a chance.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
What does Steve Austin ( no not that one young people). What does Steve Austin ( Lee Majors ) have in common with Andrew Ladd ? They are both the 6 million dollar men. Remember when Lee Majors would run or jump it would always be in slow motion with that spring loaded sound that went along with it . When I watch Ladd I can hear that same sound

Steve Austin was effective in his job, he stopped crooks, killer martian robots, androids, the $7 million dollar man, he even stopped sasquatch - I can't quite say the same for Ladd.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He cared about the game in the beginning of the year while now he doesn't? :dunno: That's a pretty ridiculous comment to make right there. What about his game makes you think that he doesn't care?

Isn't it possible that he's hurt? If you want to say he looks like **** out there, that's fine. I'd mostly agree with you. But to ascribe his looking like **** to not caring seems like a pretty big leap.

His work ethic was much better. I’m sure his injury is hampering him though.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
He looked healthy at the beginning of the year in that he had some jump in his step until he got hurt. Since he's been back, he's been up and down and who knows what his story is with his latest injury.

If he is indeed hobbled from either of his injuries this year, he should take the time to get fully healthy. A beat up, hobbled Ladd isn't helping this team too much. On the other hand, a fully healthy Ladd would be a huge boon. I don't think we are seeing the latter one, unfortunately, this season.

I think that's what the argument is. Would a healthy Ladd be a boon? I'm sure his health has very little to do with his bad penalties, although it could still be some of the reason. I just don't think we are guaranteed to ever use the word 'boon' with Ladd again. It's been a calendar year since he's played that way and now he's a year older.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think that's what the argument is. Would a healthy Ladd be a boon? I'm sure his health has very little to do with his bad penalties, although it could still be some of the reason. I just don't think we are guaranteed to ever use the word 'boon' with Ladd again. It's been a calendar year since he's played that way and now he's a year older.

Its hard to say with Ladd (and any player really) as we don't have a first hand look into their actual health. I think its pretty clear that even when he's been back recently, he was far from 100%, but of course that's just me speculating.

At the beginning of the season, it seemed like he had a nice jump in his step and was playing a strong, physical game. So perhaps his chronic back issues weren't bothering him. Unfortunately, he's now had two contact injuries which will only exacerbate his other issues.

Odds are that he we will never get the productive Ladd we thought/hoped we were getting at the beginning of the contract and have crossed our fingers would return over the past two years. I'm pretty sure he will be trying to make a return in the '19-'20 season whether in training camp or some time in the fall. Whether that turns out to be wishful thinking or a Masterton Trophy candidacy remains to be seen. I wouldn't put much money on the latter but I guess its a possibility. But make no mistake, if he does come back and contributes, it would definitely be worthy of Masterton consideration.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
I think someone upstairs heard you. I don't wish injuries on anyone - ok, maybe tommy wilson - but he simply has done nothing on the ice for the team since he got here, and this might give room for younger, far better players like MDC a chance.

Tom Wilson doesn't count as "anyone" - I don't care what bad things happen to that guy. I know I rip Bailey a lot, but that's only for the way he plays hockey. I have everyone reason to believe that Josh Bailey is more than a good person. Tom Wilson on the other hand, I genuinely hate him. I really don't care whatever that subhuman may suffer at any point in time.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Tom Wilson doesn't count as "anyone" - I don't care what bad things happen to that guy. I know I rip Bailey a lot, but that's only for the way he plays hockey. I have everyone reason to believe that Josh Bailey is more than a good person. Tom Wilson on the other hand, I genuinely hate him. I really don't care whatever that subhuman may suffer at any point in time.

I wasn't speaking about Bailey, who while I'm not a fan of, just want to trade. I was referring to the person the thread is named after, Ladd.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Tom Wilson started the " Forty Three Friends " program for Make A Wish families . He sends kids to Caps games then has them to the locker room for a tour and meet the guys . He used the Stanley Cup on his one day to have it to help raise money for the Sickkids Foundation. He reads books at a pre K center for homeless families, he belongs to SoKidsCan charity and much more . Hockey players for the most part are top notch in my book. The game is just a game and some play it on or just over the edge . I certainly don't want 12 Josh Baileys on my forward lines .The mix of talent and personalities is one of the things I love about this game . I absolutely would want him on the Isles if it could happen tomorrow . Then again , I'm the guy that pulls over to help someone change a flat tire while my wife is saying don't stop we are already late .

LGI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad