Please Do Something With Ladd

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Do the Isles look to the senators after July 1st and say a deal for Bobby Ryan with 3/7.25 Aav (19.75 actual $).

Ladd 4/5.5 Aav (13m of actual $)

Does Lou say accept deal or you play at Bridgeport next season?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Do the Isles look to the senators after July 1st and say a deal for Bobby Ryan with 3/7.25 Aav (19.75 actual $).

Ladd 4/5.5 Aav (13m of actual $)

Does Lou say accept deal or you play at Bridgeport next season?
Maybe Ladd will retire.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think the most likely end is for Ladd being on LTIR for most of the rest of his contract. The only reason to buy him out is if NYI would otherwise need to protect him for the expansion draft, and that would be a very compelling reason to buy him out. But from what I've read franchises would only be required to protect players with No Move clauses. If that's correct, I think he might play for Bridgeport a game or two, but will mostly be on LTIR semi-retirement for the rest of his career.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think the most likely end is for Ladd being on LTIR for most of the rest of his contract. The only reason to buy him out is if NYI would otherwise need to protect him for the expansion draft, and that would be a very compelling reason to buy him out. But from what I've read franchises would only be required to protect players with No Move clauses. If that's correct, I think he might play for Bridgeport a game or two, but will mostly be on LTIR semi-retirement for the rest of his career.

Same rules apply as last expansion draft, NMC must be protected while NTC do not since it isn't a trade.

Reactions: dano16

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If ladd retires, are there any penalties against the cap?

He's not a 35+ contract, so I don't think so. Don't see why he'd leave millions on the table though, he could just do LTIR if he wanted to do that.

Reactions: SI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Thing is, we can't LTIR him if he can play still. He may be a real shitty player, but if he can still get on the ice, he's not eligible. And I don't think a guy like Ladd will agree to just give up on the rest of his career for our cap sake.

Its possible that his chronic injuries/conditions make it so he can't play, but not sure that we've gotten to that point yet.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Thing is, we can't LTIR him if he can play still. He may be a real ****ty player, but if he can still get on the ice, he's not eligible. And I don't think a guy like Ladd will agree to just give up on the rest of his career for our cap sake.

Its possible that his chronic injuries/conditions make it so he can't play, but not sure that we've gotten to that point yet.

I think whatever conditions he might have will get a lot worse when he knows he's going to ride the bus in the AHL all year, don't you?

Reactions: Finnislander

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The crazy thing is, as soon as I clicked the link and saw that picture I thought, "Yeah, we need to contact Jeff Gilooley and Shane Stant".

How the heck did I remember their names?!

Everyone remembers Gilooley -- I think Letterman had a great time riffing on it. The other guy ? Not so much...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Everyone remembers Gilooley -- I think Letterman had a great time riffing on it. The other guy ? Not so much...
It just makes me worry that someday I'll be sitting in a chair in the old folks home unable to remember what I had for breakfast but having perfect recall of the guys who hit Nancy Kerrigan....

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
It just makes me worry that someday I'll be sitting in a chair in the old folks home unable to remember what I had for breakfast but having perfect recall of the guys who hit Nancy Kerrigan....

and Bailey.

Don't ever think that you will forget him.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Thing is, we can't LTIR him if he can play still. He may be a real ****ty player, but if he can still get on the ice, he's not eligible. And I don't think a guy like Ladd will agree to just give up on the rest of his career for our cap sake.

It's possible that his chronic injuries/conditions make it so he can't play, but not sure that we've gotten to that point yet.

Agreed, but if Isles approach Ladd and say we are going in another direction and may have a deal with Ottawa - do you accept?
OK, then be prepared that we send you to B'port. Does he accept?

the cap hit is heavy, but $ wise Ottawa saves and that makes sense for them because the cap hit gets them to the Cap floor.

The isles could then try and flip the newly acquired Bobby Ryan (7.25) and Nick Leddy (5.5) to the Canadiens for Jonathan Drouin (5.5) and Karl Alzner (4.65) - maybe Isles retain 1m of the Ryan cap hit and maybe there is b prospect or pick that levels out the deal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At this point with Filppula out. I am just hoping Ladd can surprise us all with something the rest of the year. Just anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad