Please Do Something With Ladd

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
My gosh, this guy is useless! That's worse than awful. I'd love to know this team's record with him in the lineup. I'm not lobbying for Josh Ho-Sang or Michael Dal Colle, per se, but how could anyone think that putting the best team on the ice includes Andrew Ladd?

All that keeps going through my head is the 1992 Rangers, I believe after Adam Graves got suspended for slashing Mario Lemieux, and the Rangers called up Tony Amonte and he did great! Can't something like that happen with Keiffer Bellows, MDC, or even JHS? But please, Andrew Ladd is a drone who created a two man advantage for the other team. Worst signing in Islander history.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
My gosh, this guy is useless! That's worse than awful. I'd love to know this team's record with him in the lineup. I'm not lobbying for Josh Ho-Sang or Michael Dal Colle, per se, but how could anyone think that putting the best team on the ice includes Andrew Ladd?

All that keeps going through my head is the 1992 Rangers, I believe after Adam Graves got suspended for slashing Mario Lemieux, and the Rangers called up Tony Amonte and he did great! Can't something like that happen with Keiffer Bellows, MDC, or even JHS? But please, Andrew Ladd is a drone who created a two man advantage for the other team. Worst signing in Islander history.
It's a very bad free agent signing.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
2016-17. 78 games played the first season- 23 goals 8 assists= 31 points
2017-18. 73 games played the next- 12 goals 17 assists=29 points
2018-19. 21 games played 3g 7a= 10 points
Certainly up there with one of the worst.

Ho-Sang
2016-2017. 21 GP 4g 6a= 10points
2017-2018. 22GP 2g 10a=12 points
2018-2019. 10 GP 1g 1a=2 points

Just looking at that, Ho-Sang probably has the same, if not more points than Ladd, if Ho-Sang played 78 games in the first season and 73 games last year. Ladd and Ho-Sang are different types of players which is pretty obvious. With all his skill Ho-Sang should be up. MDC is a nice story but he hasn't put up points in the games he has played like JHS has shown he can contribute on a more consistent basis. Not to mention, JHS can really skate which is a strength in this league and is popular trait all teams are looking for now. It is upsetting JHS hasn't shown he can figure out the other parts of being a pro, which MDC appears to have shown to figure out.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Isles are not gonna sit him,so long as he is healthy.

The new cba talks have already quietly started. Gotta hope there are amnesty buyouts and Malkin is willing to buyout Ladd.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Isles are not gonna sit him,so long as he is healthy.

The new cba talks have already quietly started. Gotta hope there are amnesty buyouts and Malkin is willing to buyout Ladd.
Buying him out does no good for cap space as they basically are paying him a million a year now he already got all his money. I could see them retaining half cap to see if they can deal him or could he be the sountigers captain LOL

Reactions: seafoam

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Buying him out does no good for cap space as they basically are paying him a million a year now he already got all his money. I could see them retaining half cap to see if they can deal him or could he be the sountigers captain LOL
He is due another $16m in salary and bonuses.
His $5.5m per caphit stays the same.
The only positive, is that the isles do not have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft, like Edmonton will have to do with Lucic and his NMC.

As unhappy as I am with Ladd's declining play and fat contract,I would really be po'd if he had to be protected in the expansion draft .

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Wouldn’t be so bad if he was on LTIR with an injury that didn’t hamper his quality of life off the ice.

As long as I don’t have to see him in an Islanders jersey.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wow. Not sure where you found that article, but god bless. Sign me up. I'd also like to see him use that formula on the Komarov and Hickey contracts.
Yep Lou has his ways. We also have to start looking at hockey a little differently. But Komarov has been a positive for the Isles on and off the ice this year. His production may not scream sexy, but this stat is. For players over 800 TOI 5 v 5. Komarov has been on the ice for only 20 GA. That's 2 off the league lead for defensive metrics. You can't lose if you are not scored on.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Ladd has been back 8 games now and I expect him to be getting his legs and picking up his game to where he was earlier in the season. Ladd has to be physical to be effective so if he is 100% then I expect he will be physical and a valuable piece in these next 10 games and playoffs.
If he is not 100% and this is the best we get, he needs to sit and Dal Colle needs to be inserted.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Ladd has been back 8 games now and I expect him to be getting his legs and picking up his game to where he was earlier in the season. Ladd has to be physical to be effective so if he is 100% then I expect he will be physical and a valuable piece in these next 10 games and playoffs.
If he is not 100% and this is the best we get, he needs to sit and Dal Colle needs to be inserted.
I'll give him a little more time to get his legs under him but he really hasn't been very good. And worse, he's taken at least two ill advised penalties. Not penalties that vets should be taking. Seems like they've been borne out of frustration.

I wouldn't mind if he goes 2 games in/1 game out in order to get some rest. And if MDC gets hot, then you go with him.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
He wriggles around out there like a fish out of water.

He's thrown pucks into no-man's land and gotten in his teammates' way on several occasions.

The worse part though is that he's starting to take one fully unnecessary penalty per game.

That can't be had by a guy like Ladd.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Other than his contract, I generally had no issues with Ladd.
But since he's come back, he seems lost and disinterested.

If I'm Trotz, I would tell him straight up, you are losing your spot on the roster, wake up or you sit...

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
They key is to have all the pieces ready to go in early April and I think Ladd understands that.

On the flip side, he did not look bad early on and then missed 3+ months.
It takes 10 games or so. I expect Trotz will play him.
If he is not hurting, he will be ready.

Oh an JHS is not a 3rd line wing. If Ladd can’t do it, I would expect MDC is a suitable replacement here, not JHS

Reactions: LeapOnOver

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I was a proponent of giving him a shot when he got back ebcause I remember him looking alright before he originally got hurt. Throught he may be a contributor in Trotz system. Yesterday was probably his worst game I have seen him in this year. Looked absolutely unable to contribute anything. It is urgent that Tortz course-corrects and gets Dal Colle back into the lineup for him.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What does Steve Austin ( no not that one young people). What does Steve Austin ( Lee Majors ) have in common with Andrew Ladd ? They are both the 6 million dollar men. Remember when Lee Majors would run or jump it would always be in slow motion with that spring loaded sound that went along with it . When I watch Ladd I can hear that same sound .

He has that look like coach please don't put me in I'm only here for the paycheck. It's a cryin shame .
He is excellent at hurrying back to the bench and mouthpiece chewing. That's all I got

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
What does Steve Austin ( no not that one young people). What does Steve Austin ( Lee Majors ) have in common with Andrew Ladd ? They are both the 6 million dollar men. Remember when Lee Majors would run or jump it would always be in slow motion with that spring loaded sound that went along with it . When I watch Ladd I can hear that same sound .
Only difference with Ladd: when Lee Majors moved in slow motion so did everyone else.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yep Lou has his ways. We also have to start looking at hockey a little differently. But Komarov has been a positive for the Isles on and off the ice this year. His production may not scream sexy, but this stat is. For players over 800 TOI 5 v 5. Komarov has been on the ice for only 20 GA. That's 2 off the league lead for defensive metrics. You can't lose if you are not scored on.

I think we should start calling Komarov the "black hole," because when he's on the ice it feels like he shuts down ALL scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad