Please Do Something With Ladd

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Other than his contract, I generally had no issues with Ladd.
But since he's come back, he seems lost and disinterested.

If I'm Trotz, I would tell him straight up, you are losing your spot on the roster, wake up or you sit...

You thought he looked "found and interested" prior to this season?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Ladd has been back 8 games now and I expect him to be getting his legs and picking up his game to where he was earlier in the season. Ladd has to be physical to be effective so if he is 100% then I expect he will be physical and a valuable piece in these next 10 games and playoffs.
If he is not 100% and this is the best we get, he needs to sit and Dal Colle needs to be inserted.
I have been keeping an open mind on Ladd and was hoping for the best, still am, but I am seeing no evidence of any desire to at the very least be physical presence out there. If his game is failing him due to injuries or whatever, then that's the way it goes, we got screwed on the deal and maybe Lou can work something out, but he's being paid a ton of dough and the least he can do is lay the body when he has the chance. If he gets injured again he gets injured, but he owes it to the people who are paying him and his teammates to bring a lot more desire than he's bringing. Somebody posted here a week or two ago about what a good guy he is when he sees him at his kids hockey games, well, sorry, you ain't a good guy if you're stealing money. Bottom line, if he doesn't have it anymore then at the very least I'd like to see him give whatever it is he's got.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Ladd and his contract are what happens when someone (snow) didn't have a plan post Nielsen/Okposo.

That's why if any Nelson/Lee are not resigned, that Lou has a concrete plan that doesn't get us stuck with another horrid contract for a bottom-6 player (whose effort is on par with a zombie).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think we should start calling Komarov the "black hole," because when he's on the ice it feels like he shuts down ALL scoring.

I got to give you one of these. Nice post.

PwJOZrO.gif

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think we should start calling Komarov the "black hole," because when he's on the ice it feels like he shuts down ALL scoring.
For our team that's a good thing. We try to keep it scoreless until we happen to make a play and put one in. That will be the plan in the playoffs too. So, a Komarov who kills time off the clock with no goals being scored is part of the plan.

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Reading through the posts seems like everyone would agree it looks like Ladd isn't trying. I see no reason to put him on the ice over HoSang, MDC or Kunackl at this point. I know I'm crazy but I'd put Leddy on wing when Boychuck comes back over Ladd at this point.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Reading through the posts seems like everyone would agree it looks like Ladd isn't trying. I see no reason to put him on the ice over HoSang, MDC or Kunackl at this point. I know I'm crazy but I'd put Leddy on wing when Boychuck comes back over Ladd at this point.

I think he's trying, he just can't skate anymore.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
For our team that's a good thing. We try to keep it scoreless until we happen to make a play and put one in. That will be the plan in the playoffs too. So, a Komarov who kills time off the clock with no goals being scored is part of the plan.

You talk about "duct-taping" a lack of talent into wins on the ice.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I think Ladd was decent in the beginning of this season, not worth his contract decent, but decent anyway. After the injury he is really slowed down and looks like he is scared to play physical cause he knows next big injury is propably his career ending.

He will be on LTIR in couple years, collecting his big fat paycheck healing his back on the pool side. And that will be the best, for the team and for Andrew and his family.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Wonder how much hate Trotz gets if he continues putting Ladd in the lineup, will it be at a Brain Strait level or a Shane Prince level of hate?

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Ladd got PP time tonight. Wow.

This guy is done. He's killing whatever line he's on. Can't believe Trotz is playing him. He should go back to the AHL for a while.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Send him to AHL. Tell him if he ever discovers allergy for ice or sweat or bus or whatever, the team will do everything they can to help him get as far away of the thing that makes him itch, as possible

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Ladd got PP time tonight. Wow.

This guy is done. He's killing whatever line he's on. Can't believe Trotz is playing him. He should go back to the AHL for a while.

I have a feeling he winds up in the AHL after camp this summertime. I think the handwriting is on the wall. To me it looks like there is an issue with the Abdominal Muscles (Guessing here). That Hernia surgery he had likely was all screwed up. Organizationally they need to decide this summer what to do with him, pray for the NHL to grant each team an amnesty...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad