Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
His two games after COVID lock down, he was clearly rusty & not in game shape. Last two games wow you can really see this guys offensive game and power forward style. 3 goals & 2 assists in his last 2 games and being good defensively at the same time. This is going to be fun watching this guy play & develop, push the play and be a big two way physical bull moose centre out there. This kid is a stud, more I watch him, the more I like him.
Last2 games S% 1.000 3 SOG 3 G. He's a beast and is only going to get better:nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know that it's somewhat fashionable to bash Chipman and Chevy and Maurice and Zinger for their "loyalty", and for focusing on team culture, but listening to this interview with PLD and another with Scheifele makes it clear that some top end players really appreciate the organization. As PLD notes, there's a reason that Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, and Morrissey signed long term contracts with the Jets. He indicated that it's early, but he already has a really good feeling about the organization and the community as a potential long term option.

Anyone that doesn't think these are important success factors hasn't tried to build a globally competitive team / organization in Winnipeg.

Yea they are pushing the cart up hill into the wind so having a solid and stable organization emphasizing loyalty are understandable strategic pillars. They have retained the majority of their stars that fit the culture which I assume is way tougher than it looks. I know most HF fans want a more traditional churn rate in the coaching ranks but it is what it is and I have learned to live with it.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Definitely worth 2 laines.
413504-20;1552831542x.jpg

Careful, bro.....;)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
@Jets 31 -- has the best GIF's on HF Boards. Makes being a poster here a lot of fun. Would like to see the McDonalds one again, where the girl cashier, kicks one rude customer's ass in quick fashion. :laugh:
Won't let me post it but look up Ozzy man McDonald's fight and you can watch it on YouTube. Just watched it again, man it's funny.:laugh:

Reactions: GNP

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Sign this guy to a long term contract asap. I was wrong about playing him on the wing. He can play any position W,C or even D haha.
If the Jets were able to talk contract and sign him today Im sure they would at least give it a shot. I’m not 100% sure, more like 95% that because PLD is still under contract for next season, discussions aren’t allowed to begin until the seasons finished.

What do people think would be a fair offer for both sides? 6yrs at 8.5 mil/per? Of course I would love 8 years, just not sure if PLD would though

Tdpjets

Dec 30, 2017
PLD is much like a smaller and younger version of blake wheeler, PLD has less hand skills and less speed than connor but more grit and more strength, something both wheeler and scheifele need on the top line.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
If the Jets were able to talk contract and sign him today Im sure they would at least give it a shot. I’m not 100% sure, more like 95% that because PLD is still under contract for next season, discussions aren’t allowed to begin until the seasons finished.

What do people think would be a fair offer for both sides? 6yrs at 8.5 mil/per? Of course I would love 8 years, just not sure if PLD would though
I think you've nailed the price. Somewhere between 7.5-9 for around 6 years is what I would wager as well!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

7M i think is fair atm. 8.5M is what Drai is making, he was coming off a 77pt year and a dominant POs (ppg+) when he signed that. PLD has a career high of 61 pts

PLD is much like a smaller and younger version of blake wheeler, PLD has less hand skills and less speed than connor but more grit and more strength, something both wheeler and scheifele need on the top line.

he's a big dude. when he gets accelerating, look out.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
7M i think is fair atm. 8.5M is what Drai is making, he was coming off a 77pt year and a dominant POs (ppg+) when he signed that. PLD has a career high of 61 pts
Drai signed his contract 3.5 seasons ago though. Inflation has to be considered, as do recent comparable’s. 7 is to low I feel although I hope Im wrong of course.

Now that I think of it, Drai may have only signed 2.5 yrs ago.

Reactions: kylbaz

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Drai signed his contract 3.5 seasons ago though. Inflation has to be considered, as do recent comparable’s. 7 is to low I feel although I hope Im wrong of course.

idk, 8.5m (premise is signing today) for a career high of 61 pts seems quite high. 8.5m on 82m cap is 10.36%. Drai's % of cap hit is 11.3%. it's not a huge difference, a difference of 790k in inflation if drai signed at the same % of cap hit today.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
idk, 8.5m (premise is signing today) for a career high of 61 pts seems quite high. 8.5m on 82m cap is 10.36%. Drai's % of cap hit is 11.3%. it's not a huge difference, a difference of 790k in inflation if drai signed at the same % of cap hit today.

I'd be looking between 7.5 and 8 for Dubois especially if he finishes around 1 ppg this year.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
A Roslovic is a Roslovic, but the 2022 3rd round pick could be anything. It could even be a Roslovic type player! You know how much we’ve wanted one of those!

It is what it is. He requested to be moved to another team. The Jets did not want to give him away for free. But the situation dictated Jack as a sensible add on to make to secure a deal with big long term ramifications.

Hopefully he does well at C in Columbus.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lots of positive comments from PLD about the city, Jets players, leadership and management/ownership. Nice to hear, sounds like a good young man. Love to see a long term extension signed in July, after both parties have seen lots of each and know both like what they see in each other.
Damn, he texted Laine after the trade and offered his place in Columbus to stay. Seems like a stand up guy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That doesn't fit the narrative though.

Roslovic was another story altogether but Laine had zero grounds for complaint about usage in Wpg.

ELL didn't work but maybe Laine should look in the mirror to explain that. When he did get his chance with Scheifele, he didn't do enough with it. ESL was good years ago when it was tried, but how much help from linemates should Laine need. Does he also require a D pair designed to feed him?

In the end he had plenty of support in Wpg. He will be lucky to get as much anywhere else.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

he's a big dude. when he gets accelerating, look out.

Now that I think of it, Drai may have only signed 2.5 yrs ago.
IIRC when Drai signed his current contract, it was ridiculed by many. That contract now looks like a bargain.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Roslovic was another story altogether but Laine had zero grounds for complaint about usage in Wpg.

ELL didn't work but maybe Laine should look in the mirror to explain that. When he did get his chance with Scheifele, he didn't do enough with it. ESL was good years ago when it was tried, but how much help from linemates should Laine need. Does he also require a D pair designed to feed him?

In the end he had plenty of support in Wpg. He will be lucky to get as much anywhere else.

I am watching him in Columbus with different linemates and it's the exact same issues with his game as in Winnipeg. Just last night he shoots the puck like a cannon and hits the post and you're like whoa this guy is something but then he follows it up for the rest of the game by losing the puck almost every other time he has it. Really tough player to play with

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Draisaitl also signed at a time when the only guys who were getting $10m+ were pending UFAs who had won multiple cups. Now that every top-5-at-his-position guy is getting Stone-money-plus, including some RFAs, the comparable doesn't really fit.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am watching him in Columbus with different linemates and it's the exact same issues with his game as in Winnipeg. Just last night he shoots the puck like a cannon and hits the post and you're like whoa this guy is something but then he follows it up for the rest of the game by losing the puck almost every other time he has it. Really tough player to play with

I think he was better than that the last 2 years in Wpg. He has regressed to his first 2, I just want to score goals, years.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg

Five points in the last two games tells me he is pretty easy to play with.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think he was better than that the last 2 years in Wpg. He has regressed to his first 2, I just want to score goals, years.

I feel like his results were improving, but his bad tendencies were also getting more ingrained.

Last year was a bit of an improvement in general, though.

Five points in the last two games tells me he is pretty easy to play with.

He's such a stop/start player though. Sometimes he'll take the game over for a shift, and sometimes he'll non-chalantly waive his stick at the puck as the opposing team out-muscles him by a factor of three. That's got to be terrifically frustrating to play with. Especially for a guy like Little who wasn't relying on world-beating skill, but would get on his horse and work for possession. Or even a guy like Scheifele who makes his livelihood by yoinking the puck away in board battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad