Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can we move @Whileee last post over? I don’t know how to do that? It was the chart showing Laine v PLD overall impact? If not no big deal.

PLD is much better defensively then Laine

Attachments

• 6A4F8C75-2CC2-4FBA-B6B9-515E772FA7AF.png
    6A4F8C75-2CC2-4FBA-B6B9-515E772FA7AF.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 16

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I look at this chart...

And I can't help but get excited for next Tuesday and beyond...

I'm trying to not get overly excited but it's hard, PLD literally has the ability to become our best player immediately in 2.0 history IMO.......of course games have to be played, results have to come first.......I get all that.......but he does have that potential.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Read the very good article about PLD in the Athletic from Murat. looking forward to adding another speedster to our top 6.
Agree. PLD really has plus speed, and will add another big, fast forward to a Jets' forward group that could create a ton of pressure due to the speed and talent. If their D could improve in stopping opponents' possessions in their own zone, other teams will have to back off and respect the Jets' transition offense.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agree. PLD really has plus speed, and will add another big, fast forward to a Jets' forward group that could create a ton of pressure due to the speed and talent. If their D could improve in stopping opponents' possessions in their own zone, other teams will have to back off and respect the Jets' transition offense.

Yea our top 6 doesn't play fast enough now that Blake has lost a step. Nik is a burner but other than that our top 6 is very average speed wise. PLD actually plays much faster than anyone in our top 6 not named Ehlers so perhaps we can now get high octane, play driving talent on both top lines now.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yea our top 6 doesn't play fast enough now that Blake has lost a step. Nik is a burner but other than that our top 6 is very average speed wise. PLD actually plays much faster than anyone in our top 6 not named Ehlers so perhaps we can now get high octane, play driving talent on both top lines now.
Kc is fast and needs fast players to play with. Stas and Wheeler are skating through molasses. Would love to see KC Ehlers and Schief together for a few shifts when we are chasing the game.

Reactions: hn777

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Connor and Ehlers both have good burners. PLD has Scheifele speed roughly from what I can gather, he's not as good with his edgework as Scheif is right now but he uses his frame to shield the puck better. It's going to be interesting to see him develop over the next little while. He's definitely ahead of where Scheifs was at the same age.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Connor and Ehlers both have good burners. PLD has Scheifele speed roughly from what I can gather, he's not as good with his edgework as Scheif is right now but he uses his frame to shield the puck better. It's going to be interesting to see him develop over the next little while. He's definitely ahead of where Scheifs was at the same age.

The problem is Kyle isn't fast enough with the puck on his stick especially through the neutral zone. He may skate fast but he doesn't carry the puck with speed well or tilt the ice. PLD plays allot faster than Kyle or Mark with the puck which is one of the reasons why he tilts the ice IMO. In Murat's article there were some nice isolation video showing how PLD has speed that backs off defenders and really only Ehlers has that speed on our team IMO of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad