Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
It’s crazy to think that Roslo is a bottom 6’er for the Jets, and is/was CBJ’s #1 center within the first couple of games for his new team.

Thing is it takes more than a few good games to cement yourself as a true #1 center. Like Jack's game but consistency has always been his struggle. He has managed to put a nice string of games together but has 3 assists in his last 5 games.

Lets see where Jack is at at around the 35 game mark. By then we should know if he is holding water as a legit #1/2 center

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Link may have already been posted by Illegal Curve, but in any case in last ~12 minutes PLD talks about long-term and his thoughts on Paul Maurice.

https://illegalcurve.com/the-athlet...-a-chat-with-winnipeg-jets-pierre-luc-dubois/

Lots of the usual "how are you fitting in here?" stuff but a few interesting points:

1) Still didn't want to talk about what happened in Columbus, not even a clue.
2) They asked if he felt he would want to stay long term - he said it's early but he feels like he knows the organization because of his dad having spoken so highly of the Jets and TNSE and the management and he can see why players like Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, Morrissey etc have signed long term here.
3) He also likes Maurice haha.
4) He ran into Roslovic at a restaurant in Columbus a few days before the trade and they talked about "what if you go to Winnipeg and I come here?" and then it happened.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Lots of the usual "how are you fitting in here?" stuff but a few interesting points:

2) They asked if he felt he would want to stay long term - he said it's early but he feels like he knows the organization because of his dad having spoken so highly of the Jets and TNSE and the management and he can see why players like Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, Morrissey etc have signed long term here.
3) He also likes Maurice haha.
4) He ran into Roslovic at a restaurant in Columbus a few days before the trade and they talked about "what if you go to Winnipeg and I come here?" and then it happened.
Maurice is pretty popular with players in general. I seem to recall a player poll a few years ago and he was in the Top 5 of coaches that players would like to play for. Ah, it's here: The 2019 NHL Poll: Best player? Most overrated? Players weigh in on the best (and worst) in the game - Maurice finished 4th with 6%, tied with...John Tortorella?!?!. Cooper and Gallant tied for 1st with 23% of the votes each. Trotz 3rd with 11% and then Maurice and Torts. Hey! One of those guys is available right now! ;)

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

"You just have to stay true to yourself"...

Something happened. I don't know what, but something. You're never going to convince me it was usage, fit, or anything like that.

Hey! One of those guys is available right now! ;)

Is it the one that will shoe-horn young players into the lineup, whatever it takes, and never play any over-the-hill role players?!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
"You just have to stay true to yourself"...

Something happened. I don't know what, but something. You're never going to convince me it was usage, fit, or anything like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the climate in the locker room. I don't want to go too far since there's no confirmed rumours or anything. The only outside event that we can definitely see is the Max Domi trade.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Even if Roslovic and Laine do well in Columbus we are a better overall team with Dubois, you have to give to get as they say.

I strongly agree with this post, from our very astute poster. The Jets are a much stronger, and more balanced team with PLD in the lineup, irregardless of how Laine and Rosco do with Columbus. Laine is more of a pure scorer, and PLD is more of a 2 way player, and that wins you hockey games. We'll see how it plays out.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I strongly agree with this post, from our very astute poster. The Jets are a much stronger, and more balanced team with PLD in the lineup, irregardless of how Laine and Rosco do with Columbus. Laine is more of a pure scorer, and PLD is more of a 2 way player, and that wins you hockey games. We'll see how it plays out.
I don't know about astute but he's really good looking. :laugh:

Reactions: PaulPooley and GNP

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
**** I’m jazzed for this game tonight. That Canucks game - the one that seems like it was played a month ago- has me jonesing for more PLD magic.
Go Jest Go!!!

Reactions: Jets 31

Whileee

May 29, 2010

49:15 PLD interview starts

I know that it's somewhat fashionable to bash Chipman and Chevy and Maurice and Zinger for their "loyalty", and for focusing on team culture, but listening to this interview with PLD and another with Scheifele makes it clear that some top end players really appreciate the organization. As PLD notes, there's a reason that Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, and Morrissey signed long term contracts with the Jets. He indicated that it's early, but he already has a really good feeling about the organization and the community as a potential long term option.

Anyone that doesn't think these are important success factors hasn't tried to build a globally competitive team / organization in Winnipeg.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I know that it's somewhat fashionable to bash Chipman and Chevy and Maurice and Zinger for their "loyalty", and for focusing on team culture, but listening to this interview with PLD and another with Scheifele makes it clear that some top end players really appreciate the organization. As PLD notes, there's a reason that Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, and Morrissey signed long term contracts with the Jets. He indicated that it's early, but he already has a really good feeling about the organization and the community as a potential long term option.

Anyone that doesn't think these are important success factors hasn't tried to build a globally competitive team / organization in Winnipeg.
All we need now is a little personal success for him and some team success this season and I think he signs a relatively team friendly extension this summer.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

49:15 PLD interview starts

Lots of positive comments from PLD about the city, Jets players, leadership and management/ownership. Nice to hear, sounds like a good young man. Love to see a long term extension signed in July, after both parties have seen lots of each and know both like what they see in each other.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
His two games after COVID lock down, he was clearly rusty & not in game shape. Last two games wow you can really see this guys offensive game and power forward style. 3 goals & 2 assists in his last 2 games and being good defensively at the same time. This is going to be fun watching this guy play & develop, push the play and be a big two way physical bull moose centre out there. This kid is a stud, more I watch him, the more I like him.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
His two games after COVID lock down, he was clearly rusty & not in game shape. Last two games wow you can really see this guys offensive game and power forward style. 3 goals & 2 assists in his last 2 games and being good defensively at the same time. This is going to be fun watching this guy play & develop, push the play and be a big two way physical bull moose centre out there. This kid is a stud, more I watch him, the more I like him.
Kids a bull, haven’t had a true scoring power forward since 2016 Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad