Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Trade looks worse and worse for the Kings by the day :)

At this snap shot in time it looks terrible for the the Kings. However it’s a long season and the playoffs could change everything.

I always site the Wheeler for Raptor Jesus (Rich Peverly) trade. On paper it looks about as lopsided as it gets since Blake went on to become one of the top right wingers in the NHL in his prime and Rich’s career was cut short but the Bruins got a cup and Rich was an important depth piece in the playoffs. Both teams won the trade.

PLD needs to get his head out his ass though or no return at all is still better than having PLD eat up big cap space and float around half interested.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
At this snap shot in time it looks terrible for the the Kings. However it’s a long season and the playoffs could change everything.

I always site the Wheeler for Raptor Jesus (Rich Peverly) trade. On paper it looks about as lopsided as it gets since Blake went on to become one of the top right wingers in the NHL in his prime and Rich’s career was cut short but the Bruins got a cup and Rich was an important depth piece in the playoffs. Both teams won the trade.

PLD needs to get his head out his ass though or no return at all is still better than having PLD eat up big cap space and float around half interested.
Agreed, it's too early to call who won the trade but if we traded Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and a 2nd round pick for Dubois man i would be pissed at Chevy right now. The biggest thing to me was Dubois wanted out and other teams knew that and for Chevy to get what he got it's a massive win for the Jets even if Dubois was lighting it up with LA. Bottom line is the Jets are a better TEAM now with those 3 guys. :nod:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed, it's too early to call who won the trade but if we traded Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and a 2nd round pick for Dubois man i would be pissed at Chevy right now. The biggest thing to me was Dubois wanted out and other teams knew that and for Chevy to get what he got it's a massive win for the Jets even if Dubois was lighting it up with LA. Bottom line is the Jets are a better TEAM now with those 3 guys. :nod:
You then add in how great a fit Vilardi appears to be. Already seems to be much more integrated with his team mates and that first line is on fire, which he is a big part of. I'll wait until his long term contract gets signed but I see a #13 blue Heritage as being the next jersey added to my collection.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
You then add in how great a fit Vilardi appears to be. Already seems to be much more integrated with his team mates and that first line is on fire, which he is a big part of. I'll wait until his long term contract gets signed but I see a #13 blue Heritage as being the next jersey added to my collection.
Their board is absolutely going off. They’re very in tune to Vilardi’s production.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To lose Connor and not miss a beat is pretty remarkable and i agree i need a new jersey as well and a Heritage blue 13 with Volare on the back might have to get purchased.:naughty:

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
They are definitely better as a result of that trade and don't underestimate the release of Wheeler. I admired his talents, at least earlier in his career but I think that, as "top dog", he may have had a negative impact on the team in the room.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not knocking them, but I don't think Kupari or Iafallo have much trade value. Kupari is bordering on waiver wire. Iafallo is better, but makes too much for the flat cap.

I'm ok with PLD for Vilardi and a high 2nd though.
That's silly.

Iafallo isn't on the team to score goals. He's just the type of player you need on a championship team. Unfortunately he's been forced to play up the lineup all year due to our injuries.

Him playing on the 3rd line with nino and Lowry is where we see his real value.

Kupari is still young and has a great toolset, size and speed. There's still some great potential there. If we put him on waivers at least 20 teams if not more would be clamoring to claim him

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I have seen the Kings forum twice this week. To say they never cared for the PLD trade, is an understatement. I've read comments from two months ago, from fans stating that they thought Vilardi could be as good as or better than PLD, if he could stay healthy. Some have even said a 1-for-1 trade (PLD-Vilardi) would have been a win for the Jets, considering PLD's salary.

This is saying nothing of the loss of Iafallo, Kupari, and a 2024 2nd round pick.
Chevy keeps up this kind of work no one will ever trade with him!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quick question to test memories here. PLD was in the top 20 in NHL scoring last december and off to a red hot start. I know late in the season he picked up a concussion but I seem to recall when our team dropped like a stone in January did PLD not miss some time with another injury too? I just can’t remember.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm not knocking them, but I don't think Kupari or Iafallo have much trade value. Kupari is bordering on waiver wire. Iafallo is better, but makes too much for the flat cap.

I'm ok with PLD for Vilardi and a high 2nd though.
Agreed on iafallo. He's a mid player and fine for a team. But players near his tier go for nothing now in the offseason.

Kupari idk what to make of yet. Id say he's an average 4th liner. Perhaps closer to below average? Still kind of young. Has speed which makes him a solid forecheck guy but as far as trade value not sure how much players with his production profile really carry.

Vilardi obviously was the prize piece. And I thought there was a V high possibility he'd surpass what pld brought us 60-70 pts.

The 2nd may be a decent trade chip (ie: we got nino for a 2nd)

Last edited:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Agreed on iafallo. He's a mid player and fine for a team. But players near his tier go for nothing now in the offseason.

Kupari idk what to make of yet. Id say he's an average 4th liner. Perhaps closer to below average? Still kind of young. Has speed which makes him a solid forecheck guy but as far as trade value not sure how much players with his production profile really carry.

Vilardi obviously was the prize piece. And I thought there was a V high possibility he'd surpass what pld brought us 60-70 pts.

The 2nd may be a decent trade chip (ie: we got nino for a 2nd)
We have been on a very good run in the second round lately. I would almost advocate for trading our first for a few second rounders.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We have been on a very good run in the second round lately. I would almost advocate for trading our first for a few second rounders.
Other than Samberg not really comes to mind and that was 7years ago. Unless you consider gustafsson very good lol.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Their board is absolutely going off. They’re very in tune to Vilardi’s production.
We all pretty much knew that PLD would fall off this year after he got his contract. The guy has a lot of talent and can play if he wants to, but history shows that he only plays when he needs to or wants to.
Contract year, he makes the effort.
Now he’s set for a long time, and the Kings have a boat anchor.
Yet another example of why character is an important part of drafting. The Jets understand that.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Other than Samberg not really comes to mind and that was 7years ago. Unless you consider gustafsson very good lol.

2nd round picks for Winnipeg:

2022: Elias Salomonsson (Sweden)
2021: Nikita Chibrikov (AHL Moose)
2020: Daniel Torgersson (AHL Moose)
2019: Simon Lundmark (AHL Moose)
2018: David Gustafsson (JETS)
2017: Dylan Samberg (JETS)
2015: Jansen Harkins (PENGUINS)
2013: Nic Petan (Iowa AHL)
2013: Eric Comrie (SABRES)
2012: Lukas Sutter (retired)

Jets have not had the best of luck in the second round. Samberg is the best player that we have selected. Gustafsson, Harkins, Petan, and Comrie are borderline NHL players. Chibrikov is the player that looks most promising, as he leads the Moose in scoring at 20 years of age.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net

Jets have not had the best of luck in the second round. Samberg is the best player that we have selected. Gustafsson, Harkins, Petan, and Comrie are borderline NHL players. Chibrikov is the player that looks most promising, as he leads the Moose in scoring at 20 years of age.
Salomonsson looks unreal also.

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
He'll likely end up with 50 % more points than PLD when the season is over, or double his production. Great trade by Chevy. Not to mention we got 2 extra guys and a 2nd round pick.

That's silly.

Iafallo isn't on the team to score goals. He's just the type of player you need on a championship team. Unfortunately he's been forced to play up the lineup all year due to our injuries.

Him playing on the 3rd line with nino and Lowry is where we see his real value.

Kupari is still young and has a great toolset, size and speed. There's still some great potential there. If we put him on waivers at least 20 teams if not more would be clamoring to claim him
100%. Small sample I get it but would anyone trade Vilardi straight up for pouty PLD? I’m not sure. Oh and Iafallo also has more points than the malcontent and seems to me the kind of player who can pot very important goals in the playoffs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I think Gus is a solid 4th liner. I thought bottom 6 players usually come from second round.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Exactly. 2nd round picks have gotten better the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad