GDT: Playoffs Push / “Tank”😂 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The most annoying thing about the SN broadcast tonight was the whole "magical 95 points" intermission snowjob they ran. I appreciate they were trying to let down the die-hards gently, but it's been extremely optimistic for several weeks now to hope that 95 points was enough to secure the final playoff spot.

The Canucks need to go 11-1-1 over their remaining 13 games to hit 96 points. And that still might not be enough to get in.

It's time to change this thread title again.

I think with 32 teams instead of 30 like in the past, the bar has probably gone up for good with more loser points available. Hypothetically. I think going forward you probably need 96-97 points anyways.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
im pumped canucks can finially rebuild now. friendship ended with miller,boeser,petterson, garland, hughes, bo horvat, demko. Podz and hoglander is our new core now. shit keep hughes too

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Spent to the max, one of the worst prospect pools, no top picks in recent years, lost a 2nd this year, cash strapped with an excessively underperforming expensive midpair dman for 5 more years... not sure how youll justify it this time bub...
I just said that they put in a good effort from where they were two months into the season..

Your laundry list of grievances has nothing to do with my comment .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I just said that they put in a good effort from where they were two months into the season..

The fact that it is not your laundry list and you are a Canucks fan is startling to say the least :nod:

O well, we got the meaningful games in late March!

1648783323837.png

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

It applies indirectly, since how meaningful can the games be when you are in that state? You should at least have a clean slate before you can build anything meaningful. That includes intangibles like confidence and momentum.

The only thing “meaningful” about those games were ruining our draft picks. Detrimental is the actual word I would choose for them. Meaningless I can give you too but not meaningful. Detrimental games in March. Yay!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It applies indirectly, since how meaningful can the games be when you are in that state? You should at least have a clean slate before you can build anything meaningful. That includes intangibles like confidence and momentum.

The only thing “meaningful” about those games were ruining our draft picks. Detrimental is the actual word I would choose for them. Meaningless I can give you too but not meaningful. Detrimental games in March. Yay!
What a shame the team didn’t just quit in January to appease fans like yourself..?

…and you think that a high draft pick is suddenly going to transform a whole team of quitters..?..Pro athletes are not wired that way

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oh snap..has it come down to you’re a better Canucks fan now?..lol

Classic sidetracking. Address the issues, your boy failed and you cant own up to it. You then claimed "meaningful games' and have been laughed out. The only thing you may criticize is keeping Green on for too long... as if that solves the 8 years of failure, and the future failings due to his mistakes...

A Canuck fan needs to be better or worse to observe the following?:

-Missed the playoffs 6/8 years
-Capped to the max
-Very low prospect pool
-No recent top picks
-Brutal contracts still to impact the team for years

Puulease. Yeah its about whose a better Canuck fan, bub, :biglaugh:

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Classic sidetracking. Address the issues, your boy failed and you cant own up to it. You then claimed "meaningful games' and have been laughed out. The only thing you may criticize is keeping Green on for too long... as if that solves the 8 years of failure, and the future failings due to his mistakes...

-Capped to the max
-Very low prospect pool
-No recent top picks

Nothing here applies to my original comment…

Here you go…

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

-Capped to the max
-Very low prospect pool
-No recent top picks

Of the two play-offs, one was the team he inherited from Gillis in his first year and the other was a pity invite in to the expanded 24 team play-offs. He couldn't build a team to make the final 16.

Reactions: geebaan and M2Beezy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After tonight's action, Dallas is now six points up on the Canucks and holding down the last wildcard berth. And they still have two games in hand.

So it's over....it's too bad the Canucks don't have a lot of players they can elevate from Abbotsford for a look in the last 10 game stretch to get a look at them before next season . Rathbone is about the only one.

But I guess that's what happens when your prospect pool is hollowed out by poor trades and dealing draft picks.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
After tonight's action, Dallas is now six points up on the Canucks and holding down the last wildcard berth. And they still have two games in hand.

So it's over....it's too bad the Canucks don't have a lot of players they can elevate from Abbotsford for a look in the last 10 game stretch to get a look at them before next season . Rathbone is about the only one.

But I guess that's what happens when your prospect pool is hollowed out by poor trades and dealing draft picks.
They have three games in hand.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Playoff hopes were done with like 19 games left after that Flames loss. They needed to go 4-2-1 on that homestand and then when they lost that Red Wings game, it meant they would have had to sweep that weekend against Calgary and Buffalo... and they lost both.

They never were even neck and neck with the teams above them in a fight.

They were playing semi-meaningful games trying to get to the point to play meaningful games and were out of it right as they entered the last quarter of the season.

Everything recently has been moral victory bullshit.

But hey, maybe they'll win eight or ten in a row. This is a stupid go-lucky sport where bad or average teams go on runs like that during a season.

I hope they do. I miss seeing playoff hockey.

Last edited:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

-Capped to the max
-Very low prospect pool
-No recent top picks

1648793000357.png

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
One thing is for sure, they need to win both of the Vegas games for any chance. I keep hoping for a winning streak or a losing streak, they do neither.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
One thing is for sure, they need to win both of the Vegas games for any chance. I keep hoping for a winning streak or a losing streak, they do neither.
This losing 2 winning 2 pattern is quite annoying. I fully expect to win these next games against vegas then randomly drop the following two to SJS and Arizona.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
What a shame the team didn’t just quit in January to appease fans like yourself..?

…and you think that a high draft pick is suddenly going to transform a whole team of quitters..?..Pro athletes are not wired that way

I didn’t say the team was going to tank for what’s best for the team. I just said these games aren’t meaningful.

It’s not just one draft pick though. It’s every round we pick in a worse spot the higher seed that we finish.

Reactions: geebaan and M2Beezy

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm cheering for the Islanders to take down the Rangers today, but I'm not optimistic.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I didn’t say the team was going to tank for what’s best for the team. I just said these games aren’t meaningful.

It’s not just one draft pick though. It’s every round we pick in a worse spot the higher seed that we finish.
And all I said was good on the guys for digging down and crawling out of that hole..They could’ve just as easily rolled over…

Thinking that they would still be in the playoff hunt in the very last days of March,would have been unthinkable in December..

Nobody has said that missing the playoffs is an acceptable bar for this team.

Reactions: CanuckCity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad