Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I think Dzingel and Wingels are the odd men out.

Smith - Turris - Stone
Mac - Brass - Ryan
Hoff - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Burrows

Wingels, Neil, Dzingel are surplus

Boro 7 D. Rest is easy.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Smith-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Brassard-Burrows
MacArthur-Wingels-Dzingel

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Dzingel is scoring at the same rate as Ryan but IMO is better off the puck. I say sit Ryan out and use Dzingel.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Mac - Turris - Dzingel
Burrows - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Statlberg - Z. Smith - Wingels

Ryan
Neil
White
Kelly
Dido

Methot - EK
Dion - Ceci
Boro - wideman
Claessen
Harpur
Kevin Jokipaka

The depth of this playoff roster is amazing, Hoffman on the 3rd line, Smith as your 4th line centre. Tons more of speed up front. The depth on D is amazing, we could literally add an extra D pairing and an entire offensive line to the 20 man roster and not lose that much advantage.

Ottawa is built for the playoffs, our advantage is or depth. Anaheim had better depth then us when they beat us in the finals, Chicago has the best depth in the NHL, Pitt last season has Kessel on the 3rd line. Ottawa's taken a huge step up in terms of depth, not everyone is a top player but our 30 man roster is one of the best in the NHL.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Boucher said he wanted a Left Shot 4th line Center, I wonder if he slots Zach Smith into that spot and uses him on the PP to get his minutes up.

Would love to see Smith centre the 4th line, even though he has shown to be more effective on the wing, it allows you to role 4 lines confidently.

Kelly has played under 8 mins in 5 consecutive games now. That's a pretty strong indication that Boucher's trust in him is dwindling. I think now that we've locked up a playoff spot, we may see White get a second and third game in Kelly's spot. All he has to do is grab the bull by it's horns, and he's lucky, he'll have better wingers this time in MacArthur and maybe Dzingel instead of Kelly and Wingels.

Agree on Kelly, not only is his ice time down, he also isn't getting played in the final minutes of periods anymore. Boucher loved to throw him out there with Turris or Pageau in key situations, not seeing that at all now. I liked kelly early on but he has certainly lost a step in the last couple of months.

What I would like to see:

Mac-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Smith-Wingles

Methot-Karlsson
Phanuef-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

Let Hoffman take a shift every now and then in place of Mac. Not in love with that second line but it is what it is. Would like to see White come in and earn a spot for game 1 but not getting my hopes up.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
MacArthur isn't ready for the physicality that is playoff hockey.

But, of course if he IS 100%, I'd love to reunite him, Turris and Ryan to when they had success a couple years ago

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-White-Burrows
Stalberg-Pageau-Pyatt

Dzingel
Wingels
Kelly

That first line is probably asking for trouble though. Not knowing enough about Macs game and his defensive liabilities.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Stalberg-Pageau-Pyatt (shutdown)
Wingels-Smith-Burrows (**** disturbers)

Want to add more offense to the 4rth line swap Wingels for Dzingel.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I thought we were doing what we think Boucher will do, but it's a lot more fun to do it our own way. In that case, let me try again:

Hoffman - Turris - Stone (of course)
Smith - Brassard - Ryan (wouldn't hesitate to put either Burrows or Dzingel here if Ryan stinks up the joint)
MacA - Pageau - Pyatt (If MacA is in full game shape, this could be an amazing shutdown line w/ good offensive potential)
Stalberg - White - Burrows (4th lines don't get any better than this)

No Kelly in my lineups for obvious reasons. No Dzingel or Wingels either because they don't do anything, but it's great that we have all three for depth purposes.

Karlsson - Methot
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

Unsurprisingly, no Boro for me, but he and Harpur as our #7-8 dmen? That's pretty deep.

If we face Boston, I think this is a lineup that could beat them in 6 or 7.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Macarther will be in ,he looked fine in his first two games .And will likely see his ice time increase over the next two.Even though he hasnt played in the last little while he still looks like the team,s most physically engaged LW :nod:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
More than likely, HFCanes bandwagon draft might stick me here, so... What's there to do in Ottawa besides drink, star at the big clock, and question the parliament?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
More than likely, HFCanes bandwagon draft might stick me here, so... What's there to do in Ottawa besides drink, star at the big clock, and question the parliament?
Pretty much anything you can do in any N/A city ,you can do in Ottawa.Save heading down to the sea and sitting on the beach ,although there are tons of lakes and rivers in and around the region .

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

There is tons to do if your into the arts to sports or those who like good shopping there is more then enough to.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Burrows-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Smith-Dzingel
Wingels-Kelly-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Claesson-Harpur

Anderson
Condon
Hammond

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

Meat and cheese pie at Aladdin's, poutine at S&G's, Shawarma downtown, watch shenanigans at Rideau Street McDonalds.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
Smith-Wingels/Kelly/White-Pyatt

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Claesson/Harpur

Anderson
Condon

Idk when Methot gets back, but it doesn't look like he'll be playing in game 1. Claesson probably takes his spot, unless the staff loved Harpur a lot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meat and cheese pie at Aladdin's, poutine at S&G's, Shawarma downtown, watch shenanigans at Rideau Street McDonalds.
In my youth ,i had some real fun downtown .Now i want nothing to do with living in any city ,hense i live in the sticks .Far easier on the brain :laugh:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Mac - Turris - Dzingel
Burrows - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Statlberg - Z. Smith - Wingels

Ryan
Neil
White
Kelly
Dido

Methot - EK
Dion - Ceci
Boro - wideman
Claessen
Harpur
Kevin Jokipaka

The depth of this playoff roster is amazing, Hoffman on the 3rd line, Smith as your 4th line centre. Tons more of speed up front. The depth on D is amazing, we could literally add an extra D pairing and an entire offensive line to the 20 man roster and not lose that much advantage.

Ottawa is built for the playoffs, our advantage is or depth. Anaheim had better depth then us when they beat us in the finals, Chicago has the best depth in the NHL, Pitt last season has Kessel on the 3rd line. Ottawa's taken a huge step up in terms of depth, not everyone is a top player but our 30 man roster is one of the best in the NHL.

you realize we have 3 top 6 players?

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
The 16-82-9 line looks good today

Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brass Burrows
MacArthur White Ryan
Stalberg Pageau Pyatt

Fred EK65
Phanuef Ceci
Methot Wideman

Dzingel goes if Smith isn't 100%

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The 16-82-9 line looks good today

Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brass Burrows
MacArthur White Ryan
Stalberg Pageau Pyatt

Fred EK65
Phanuef Ceci
Methot Wideman

Dzingel goes if Smith isn't 100%

IMO White will not play unless there are injuries.

Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Burrows
Wingels
Dzingel
White

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
IMO White will not play unless there are injuries.

Smith-Brassard-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Burrows
Wingels
Dzingel
White

Probably right . Just don't see Kelly keeping up with the speed of the game if we play Toronto

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
Dzingel-White-Ryan
McArthur-Turris-Smith

4 balanced lines that can score or defend.

Pyatt should really be in there tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad