Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I can't believe people are putting White in and Kelly out. If the recent roster decisions are any indication, hell will freeze over before Guy putts White in ahead of Kelly. The only question for me, is who comes out for Smith and Ryan. I think the obvious answer here is the 'ingel twins.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Burrows is one of our top 3 - 5 pt and goal producers since coming over. Talks about sitting him are completely divorced from reality.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt
Smith-Kelly-Stalberg

Dzingel, White, Wingels, Neil

Claesson Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Boro Wideman

Harpur, Jokipakka Methot (until he comes back)

Notes:
White has a total of 1 NHL game, there's no way he draws in over vets such as Kelly.
MacArthur stays in the top 6 provided he's healthy and up to speed.
Dzingel sits unless a speedy guy gets injured.
Neil doesn't play unless we need more physicality.

Smith-BrassGod-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan (REUNITE THEM)
Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows
Pyatt-Kelly-Stalberg

My lines would be this.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
smith pageau stone <----- If smith is healthy enough
mac turris ryan <------ Reunite them
Stalberg brassard burrows <---love this line so far
Hoffman white pyatt <---- Let's see what white can do with hoffman

Claesson Karlsson
Methot Harpur
Phaneuf Wideman

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm afraid this is a real possibility if everyone is healthy::

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Harpur

What I'd do:

Hoff - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - White - Burrows

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

Why no MacArthur anywhere? I just don't think he can be very effective after such a long absence. I also remember that he wasn't all that effective the year he got injured. Remember, the Hamburglar run occurred after Lehner AND MacArthur got injured. But I could be convinced to play him over Dzingel if need be.

I also don't think coaches would want to use him in the playoffs, with the strong possibility of double OT. I think he'll just play the next two games, and then sit through the playoffs unless we get more injuries.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Smith-White-Pyatt/Stalberg

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman

Stone and Hoffman are our only top-line caliber forwards(even if they aren't elite), but our bottom 6 is looking clean, and maybe Mac-Turris-Ryan can find their old magic.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Harpur

What I'd do:

Hoff - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

Why no MacArthur anywhere? I just don't think he can be very effective after such a long absence. I also remember that he wasn't all that effective the year he got injured. Remember, the Hamburglar run occurred after Lehner AND MacArthur got injured. But I could be convinced to play him over Dzingel if need be.

I also don't think coaches would want to use him in the playoffs, with the strong possibility of double OT. I think he'll just play the next two games, and then sit through the playoffs unless we get more injuries.

No please no

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
We should keep Pyatt-Pageau-Hoffman together.

And then obviously Mac-Turris-Ryan.

And Smith-Brassard-Stone,
Followed by Stalberg-Kelly/White-Burrows

Damn we are deep.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can't believe people are putting White in and Kelly out. If the recent roster decisions are any indication, hell will freeze over before Guy putts White in ahead of Kelly. The only question for me, is who comes out for Smith and Ryan. I think the obvious answer here is the 'ingel twins.

Kelly has played under 8 mins in 5 consecutive games now. That's a pretty strong indication that Boucher's trust in him is dwindling. I think now that we've locked up a playoff spot, we may see White get a second and third game in Kelly's spot. All he has to do is grab the bull by it's horns, and he's lucky, he'll have better wingers this time in MacArthur and maybe Dzingel instead of Kelly and Wingels.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
No please no

I can't really envision a situation where Neil is inserted into the lineup. It's one thing to want gritty players, but Neil simply doesn't have the legs anymore to keep up. We complain enough about Kelly playing regularly and he is Carl Lewis compared to Neil.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Kelly has played under 8 mins in 5 consecutive games now. That's a pretty strong indication that Boucher's trust in him is dwindling. I think now that we've locked up a playoff spot, we may see White get a second and third game in Kelly's spot. All he has to do is grab the bull by it's horns, and he's lucky, he'll have better wingers this time in MacArthur and maybe Dzingel instead of Kelly and Wingels.

Not so sure. He may be resting him a bit. The playoffs are when guys like Kelly and Burrows shine. He'll give them a lot of rope.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Wingels - Burrows
x Dzingel, White, Kelly, Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
x Boro, Harpur

Anderson
Condon

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly on that 4th line instead of Wingels, but Wingels brings more physicality in a tough playoff matchup. Would prefer to see White in that spot, but I don't expect to see him or Dzingel come playoff time.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
With everyone healthy, this is what they might do based on recent TOI allocations....

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt
(Dzingle, White, Wingles, Neil)

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman
(Boro, Claesson)

Andy/Condon

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think considering the intensity & hard hitting in the playoffs it's most likely that MacArthur with his history will not start in the playoffs but be an injury replacement player or if someone simply is not contributing to replace them. Dzingel is the other guy I think sits out until there is an injury or they need more energy or speed in the lineup. This wouldn't be my lineup but I think these are the players who GB will at the least start in the playoffs.

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Wingels

extras/Black Aces - MacArthur - Dzingel - Neil, DiDominico - White - Paul

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman - Wideman could be the one D who is replaced, if required.

extras/Black Aces - Claesson - Harpur, Kevin - Englund

Anderson - Condon

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Dzingel - White - Burrows
Stalberg, Wingels, Kelly, Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Borowiecki, Harpur, Jokipakka

Anderson
Condon
Hammond

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
What I want:

MacArthur-Turris-Stone

Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan

Smith-Pageau-Stalberg

Dzingel-White-Burrows

Claesson-Karlsson

Methot-Ceci

Phaneuf-Wideman

DO NOT put Phaneuf-Ceci together in the playoffs, and Claesson was shown to be good with Karl

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I don't know why anyone is suggesting a lineup where Pageau and Pyatt are split up... As someone above said about swapping out Kelly for White, hell will freeze over before Boucher decides to do either of those moves.

It's not happening.

Now is not the time to get creative with the lineup. Pageau and Pyatt are Bouchers go to shutdown guys (and probably his favorite players) and will continue to be for the remainder of the season and playoffs. If things go sour, then it will be interesting to see what he does with the rest of the lineup, but I'd still be shocked if those two were split up at any point.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
If we are for sure Healthy by playoffs then this line up is what I want to see

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Burrows
Stalberg - Pageau - Pyatt
MacArthur - Wingels - Ryan
Kelly, White

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoff - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Harpur

What I'd do:

Hoff - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

This doesn't make any sense. When he had Kelly and Neil on the 4th line he ended up only playing 3 lines for several games and sending a message to GM that the situation was unacceptable.

God knows what Boucher sees in Kelly's game. Guy is slow as molasses , has no hands, no grit and ends up killing so many plays.

Putting White in as a 4th line centre would be awesome but I doubt he does it. Sens only hire coaches that put veteran loyalty over more talented players. Its a job requirement.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
This doesn't make any sense. When he had Kelly and Neil on the 4th line he ended up only playing 3 lines for several games and sending a message to GM that the situation was unacceptable.

God knows what Boucher sees in Kelly's game. Guy is slow as molasses , has no hands, no grit and ends up killing so many plays.

Putting White in as a 4th line centre would be awesome but I doubt he does it. Sens only hire coaches that put veteran loyalty over more talented players. Its a job requirement.

Obstinately, it's because he's an important part of the penalty kill.

Of course, our PK has actually been garbage for quite some time now, so... :dunno:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Mac-Turris-Ryan
Burrows-Brassard-Hoffman
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Stalberg-Kelly-Pyatt

Dzingle-White-Wingels
Dido

Claesson-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Phaneuf-Wideman