Playoff Watch WC2: COL & MIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Guys, Button said officially that Minnesota has made it over Colorado, I like our chances a hell of a lot more now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Have you watched a lot of Pred games?
I completely dissagree that they have been the best team in the league since Feb.
They remain very inconsistent and suspect. I dont think of them as power houses as you do, not a Caps or LA for sure. But thats just my perspective, I think I saw them loses two or three games where they just did not play well... and that could be any team.

Not saying they're on Washington's on L.A's level in general, but since February they've been very good to the point where they're on the verge of pushing Chicago out of the top-3 in the Central.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I didn't expect LA to win especially that they have already made the playoffs and knew before end of their game that Duck lost. AVS are architects of their own fortune, they need to beat Philly and Wild. If they don't they probably finish out of playoffs. MacK's and Dutchy's injuries are unfortunate from two perspectives. First of course it make AVS work more difficult, but also and what is probably worse it gives good excuse for Sakic and Roy if we don't make playoffs. Hope they still can advance and beat Stars in the first round :)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Avs have had help from plenty of other teams. If they want to be in the playoffs, they're going to have to earn it. The fact the race is still open shows how much help they have had.

If they end up missing, be mad at the Avs for having the season series potentially swept by the Wild. Or losing to all the bottom teams consistently. Or having a terrible October. Etc.

It's not on the Kings or Hawks. They did their jobs, and they'll be in the postseason.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Avs have had help from plenty of other teams. If they want to be in the playoffs, they're going to have to earn it. The fact the race is still open shows how much help they have had.

If they end up missing, be mad at the Avs for having the season series potentially swept by the Wild. Or losing to all the bottom teams consistently. Or having a terrible October. Etc.

It's not on the Kings or Hawks. They did their jobs, and they'll be in the postseason.

True, and at this point of the year looking at the schedule is pointless trying to add up potential wins and losses.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Not saying they're on Washington's on L.A's level in general, but since February they've been very good to the point where they're on the verge of pushing Chicago out of the top-3 in the Central.

well chicago is pushing chicago out.. proverbial cannot beat themselves out of a wet paper bag play as of late ...

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's over, in my opinion.

Minnesota will beat us tomorrow and then it's absolutely over.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The season is down to the Minny game. Win, and the Avs can still find a way back in. Lose and the task very likely too big. The win probably has to be in regulation too.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Any loss on Saturday probably means it's over. I don't think there's been a 4-5 point swing between the two teams in a few months now. It would just be extremely difficult, and almost impossible to make up.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I think there's little doubt that if they lose tomorrow that it will basically take a literal biblical miracle for the Avs to make the playoffs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The season is down to the Minny game. Win, and the Avs can still find a way back in. Lose and the task very likely too big. The win probably has to be in regulation too.
Would be nice to win in regulation but it doesn't to be. OT or shootout win will put us 2 pts behind. Because we have one game in hand and also hold the first tiebreaker we would only need to win one more game than the Wild. A loss though would most likely seal the deal. This is not over but it was certainly disappointing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Varlagod just needs to steal us another one. He was the single biggest reason we even had a chance during the playoff series in the games in Minnesota, after Tyson took a Cooke to the knee, and he's gunna have to do it for us one more time.

I still feel pretty good, especially if the injuries to MacK & Matt get the Wild to under-estimate us tomorrow; and Matt is back next week.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
I know there's a lot of Chicken Littles around here however the Avs actually still control their own fate when it comes to making or missing the playoffs. A win Saturday and the Avs are 1 point behind MN with a game at hand and the ROW tiebreaker in their favor.

Now, one can argue that the Avs may get stomped by MN Saturday and then they'll be 5 games behind, they won't control their own fate, and the Avs will be too far behind with too few games left to make up the deficit. I'd probably agree with that IF they lose.

However, the Avs haven't lost to MN on Saturday yet so all is not lost. A win against MN and the Avs are still in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad