Playoff Watch/Out of Town Scoreboard Thread

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
CAR (vs NSH) won the first of their six games here to close their gap with BUF to only three points, while CBJ (vs NYR) and NYI (vs TBL) look to separate later today with any points. Tomorrow, MTL at BOS adds to their separation with any result, well for a few hours anyway, until BUF can try to get that back at EDM. CAR, CBJ, NYI wins, plus a three-point MTL win, is the worst scenario ahead of tomorrow's late faceoff.
About that worst scenario... it happened [laughs]; onto Tuesday night: NYI (vs STL) play one of their 2 GIH and look to extend their 2pt wildcard lead; CAR (at NYR) plays their GIH, looking to close the gap from three to one with BUF; CBJ (vs NJD) looks to use their GIH to keep distancing themselves from 5 to 7pts ahead; same for PIT (at SJS), just from 4 to 6pts ahead; and MTL (vs FLA) looks to expand their 3pt wildcard lead (BUF will have 2 GIH on them after that). The worst scenario of results (NYI,CAR,CBJ,MTL,PIT wins) put BUF 4-7 points out of everyone that quickly and leaves CAR nipping at their heels 1pt behind. Thinking that they were trending towards "4-6 points out" at the break/bye may have been too conservative on my part if BUF cannot pick up a win on this road trip.

Reactions: schpaff

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
While it would be great if they made the playoffs this season, it's always been a bonus to me. I just want to see a trending towards continual positive motion going forward. After last night's game, I am pretty depressed about whether that's even possible this season.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Another slew of bad results tonight. We're 4 points back of NYI and 5 back of MTL. Jesus f***ing christ it's impressive how fast they sucked their way out of good things

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
While it would be great if they made the playoffs this season, it's always been a bonus to me. I just want to see a trending towards continual positive motion going forward. After last night's game, I am pretty depressed about whether that's even possible this season.

Actually the biggest game of the season tomorrow night. If they dont show up for this one....

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Another slew of bad results tonight. We're 4 points back of NYI and 5 back of MTL. Jesus ****ing christ it's impressive how fast they sucked their way out of good things

Actually the biggest game of the season tomorrow night. If they dont show up for this one....
Seven weeks...

BUF

BUF

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
We're still in this *****

3 points back, 1 game in hand

Yep if the teams ahead of us would ever lose that would be great.

All we need is ONE team to really drop off and us to just play pretty solid. ONE team to breakdown and we have a realistic shot at a WC spot.

Hoping that teams shows themselves soon (Montreal, NYI, whoever else, idc!)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

All we need is ONE team to really drop off and us to just play pretty solid. ONE team to breakdown and we have a realistic shot at a WC spot.

Definitely someone is going to start slumping soon.

The question will be whether we are solid enough to take advantage of the opportunity.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

My money is on the Isles. That team has trended well, they're due for a slump soon.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

We are that one team unfortunately.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
You must REALLY hate your money to do that. One look behind their bench should be enough to tell you that's not happening.
I think with a healthy Eichel, we're a better team. That team is too passive and too prone to shelling up when they get a lead.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Relevant games:

BOS-STL
NJD-NYI
TOR-TB

Maybe NYR-CHI if you think they can put themselves in the conversation again.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
All the teams that you'd want to lose won.

Boston 5-2 Blues
NYI 4-1 Devils
Rangers 4-3 Chicago
Toronto 4-2 Tampa

Sabres got to really step it up a notch these last few handful of games. If they're below .500 I see no way they make the playoffs with how hot Bruins, Islanders, Montreal are playing. Carolina is a real threat too.

They have the roster to make it if everything goes right. If they don't make the playoffs, I think it's essentially a wasted season. Also don't think Skinner re-signs if they don't make it.

Let's go Buffalo.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Take care of your own first, then worry about the less impactful games; probability can swing anywhere from 68% to 47% tonight.

BUF

BUF

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Once again we are getting no out of town help

Montreal, NYI win

The two teams that I thought wewould be mostly likely to catch just keep on winning...sigh.

If we win tonight we will be 3-5 points back of SO many teams. Still not much faith of anyone other than MTL/NYI missing over us though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->