Playoff Tickets

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I find it funny that we get chirped all the time because Leafs and Habs fan turn our "regular season" games into a 50/50 crowd but when it comes to playoffs we sold our building within 7 minutes. While there are still tickets available in Mtl the eve of Game 1.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Kinda sucks seing "sens fans" making big bucks off the backs of other sens fans by buying up as many tics as possible and adding huge mark ups, c'est la vie i guess!
That's why they should limit it to 4 tickets per credit card. 3 minutes after 10am and there were only single seats available.

Make scalpers work harder. Also put aside seats for physical transactions.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In Montreal. At least as of a few hours ago. I was able to reserve 6 in multiple places.

You can get tickets in the 300s for $100 now in MTL. Prices have plummeted the last few hours. Paid $150 for 400s yesterday.

Wait, hold on...

We restricted our ticket access to a very small regional area, and were able to sell out within minutes of them being up for sale, but LES GLORIEUX, with the biggest and best fanbase in the world in any sport that has ever existed, and in life in general, in the history of the universe, still have Round 1 tickets available?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
That's why they should limit it to 4 tickets per credit card. 3 minutes after 10am and there were only single seats available.

I can only purchase online really for Sens games...

But things I think I'd change:
1) Physical only pre-sale before any online sales.
2) Tickets restricted to 4 or 6 per CC
2.1)They have to be in a single block.
2.2)If quantity required no longer exists in a single block, same section.
2.3)If quantity required is not available in same section, that quantity of purchase is 'no tickets available'
3) Ticket is given a 'face value' so that it limits the max it can be resold at.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Wait, hold on...

We restricted our ticket access to a very small regional area, and were able to sell out within minutes of them being up for sale, but LES GLORIEUX, with the biggest and best fanbase in the world in any sport that has ever existed, and in life in general, in the history of the universe, still have Round 1 tickets available?

Well, to be fair...
They have Wed/Fri/Fri*/Tues*
We have Sun/Wed/Sun*

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Very little in the media about how fast Ottawa did sell out while not one word about the Habs having trouble selling out.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Very little in the media about how fast Ottawa did sell out while not one word about the Habs having trouble selling out.

Well it'd be a reporting the obvious considering they started with ticket prices more than double Ottawa's

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Well it'd be a reporting the obvious considering they started with ticket prices more than double Ottawa's

When Ottawa played New Jersey in the play offs and they did not sell out it was all over the media yet they sell out in 15 minutes not a word.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Let's not make excuses for them. This is also a very well-established fanbase, meaning likely a sizeable chunk of it with disposable income from years of gainful employment. Comparatively, the Sens fanbase is still relatively young and only just starting to hit that level of disposable income where tickets are a reasonable purchase.

If Montreal's fanbase is as omnipresent and diehard as is being said, ticket prices being more or less at the level they usually are for playoffs shouldn't be a significant factor.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
When I logged in on Sunday to get tickets, they were $160 plus fees in the 300's. I reloaded a few times to get different seats and within 10 minutes, they were all gone. So it's not like it was much cheaper here.

Hopefully Sens take 1 out of 2 in Montreal at least.

It will be fun, can't wait till Sunday.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Ottawa's prices seemed to rise, while Montreal's fell. Someone posted that they got tickets for $46 at the top (didn't imply they were STH, but maybe). When I first logged onto the pre-sale I saw some at $50-something but had problems with my Mac on CapitalTickets.com. By the time I logged on using a PC I got them for $70-something. Selling out in less than 15 minutes probably means the Sens left money on the table, but I'm happy not to have paid more than I did.

Winnipeg sold out in less than a minute, but like Ottawa, most were probably gone to STH and in a pre-sale so there would have only been a handful left.

Montreal was like the World Juniors 2.0, but unlike the IIHF tournament, they had the flexibility to drop prices until they found what people would pay.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

What they should do is use the Credit Card Entry system.

Where the people can only get in with the credit card they bought the tickets with, there is a way around this for scalpers, but they have to also attend the game.

If you can no longer go to the game, you refund your tickets.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
What they should do is use the Credit Card Entry system.

Where the people can only get in with the credit card they bought the tickets with, there is a way around this for scalpers, but they have to also attend the game.

If you can no longer go to the game, you refund your tickets.

The thing is you can transfer tickets to people through capitaltickets and ticketmaster and sites like that.

kex

Apr 4, 2012
When I logged in on Sunday to get tickets, they were $160 plus fees in the 300's. I reloaded a few times to get different seats and within 10 minutes, they were all gone. So it's not like it was much cheaper here.

They were $135 all included for 2 tickets on Sunday at cheapest for me. It was around 10:30 am.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I said it on twitter but tonight's game in Montreal is not sold out yet. There's also more tickets available on Stubhub for tonight Game 1 vs. Game 3 in Ottawa.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The thing is you can transfer tickets to people through capitaltickets and ticketmaster and sites like that.

Ticketmaster ticket transfer can be shut off.

Yusuf Islam Cat Stevens did this for all his shows in his recent tour to prevent scalping, and it worked 100%.

The NYC venue he was going to perform at didn't allow credit card entry, and prices went from $65 to over $1000 online, so he just cancelled the show in NY :laugh:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
They were $135 all included for 2 tickets on Sunday at cheapest for me. It was around 10:30 am.

Yeah I figure that was behind the nets? That's where my season seats are, and we paid around 40$/seat for the first 2 games.

When I logged on Sunday, there was nothing behind the nets and only center ice seats.

Apparently though according to a few people the prices kept going up every time they reloaded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad