Playoff Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We got the result we wanted in the Florida game. Now, hopefully Arizona and Tampa can pull off wins. But, Philly winning in regulation was the important one.

I don’t think Montreal is any threat to us but it would be nice to see them out of it completely I guess. They allowed a goal with a minute left!

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
arizona just took the lead over mtl with a minute left. we face the yotes tomorrow but anaheim also played the night before and outplayed us in the 3rd hah

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don’t think Montreal is any threat to us but it would be nice to see them out of it completely I guess. They allowed a goal with a minute left!
They were running pretty hot. And, you'd rather any team getting close to making it a 3 team race for 3rd in Atlantic fades away and loses to a western team. Although, I'd probably prefer them winning if they were playing one of the central rivals for one of the two wild cards.

Reactions: Pi

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Arizona pulls off the comeback. Outside of NYI winning today's been good so far.

The Yotes came back from down 2-0 to win 3-2 in regulation (thank you very much for that, the last thing we need is the Habs only 3 points below us) so I sure hope the Leafs are paying attention. Let's play a full 60 minutes.

Reactions: stickty111 and Pi

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
A win tomorrow and a Florida loss tomorrow would be wonderful

The loss against Florida last week burns.

Well yeah but after that loss, 80% of the Leafs board was writing the season off and even though we only earned 3 out of 6 points after that, here we are 2 points ahead of the Panthers and they have only one game in hand. The Habs are still 5 points behind us but now we have 2 games in hand on them.

Reactions: Loosie

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
With Florida losing tonight, we control our own fate again don’t we?

If both teams won every remaining game, we’d have the tiebreaker?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

I am not sure.

Is the tiebreaker ROW? Or H2H matchups?

If it’s ROW then it’s us, but if it’s H2H matchups, it’s obviously them.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Arizona pulls off the comeback. Outside of NYI winning today's been good so far.

I don't think we should be too worried about chasing the WC spot so why care about how teams in the metro division do. Montreal is too far behind (considering the 2 games in hand we have). If the Panthers still lose to even the Devils tomorrow (and Barkov is playing these days), then that sort of solidifies 3rd spot for us, or at least it makes it look much better.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I am not sure.

Is the tiebreaker ROW? Or H2H matchups?

If it’s ROW then it’s us, but if it’s H2H matchups, it’s obviously them.

It’s actually regulation wins so currently Florida has the tie breaker. Hopefully we fix that tomorrow.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013

No, Florida would get the tiebreaker based on regulation wins (24 to our 22). The tiebreakers are as follows:
  1. he fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

Reactions: mikeyz

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
not really worried about the habs, stick a fork in them.

panthers shown they can beat us, we have a golden opportunity with them slumping have to start a streak asap

Reactions: Vaive50

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I honestly can’t see how they won’t.

Only 3 points behind with a game in hand. That loss to Detroit really hurt them.

We could be headed for another first round leafs vs Boston series
If we make it in as the third seed I'd welcome Boston vs Toronto part 3 with open arms (especially compared to playing Tampa). As long as we get healthy and have Keefe behind the bench I like our chances

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
If we make it in as the third seed I'd welcome Boston vs Toronto part 3 with open arms (especially compared to playing Tampa). As long as we get healthy and have Keefe behind the bench I like our chances

I’ll take Boston over Tampa any day of the week.

Keefe has a proven record of winning in the playoffs, so I hope it translates into the nhl. I hope we get in because with his adaptive style, I can see us giving any team problems.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

In my ideal world Montreal and Edmonton miss the playoffs every year by one point for the next couple of decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad