Playoff Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Best chance at getting into the playoffs is through the division, but could you imagine at this point in time at playing either Boston or Tampa in the first round?

I bet they end up playing the Bruins. If this team has another gear (which I think they do) they can beat either Tampa or Boston but they could also lose 4-0. Losing 4-0 would be catastrophic for Dubas. He won't lose his job but the fingers will be pointed directly at him.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im amazed, after the last two playoffs, that peoplr think Ton Wilson is the answer.

Start with "less idiots gettimg suspended at the exact wrong time" then move on to

"A functional PK" then on to

"A coach with a brain"

Babcock got absolutely schooled by Cassidy. I can distinctly remember Hughson and Simpson almost laughing at how stupid Babcock was being with line matching.

Tom Wilson and "insert random bottom pairing tough guy" arent the answer to our Boston problems

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Im amazed, after the last two playoffs, that peoplr think Ton Wilson is the answer.

Start with "less idiots gettimg suspended at the exact wrong time" then move on to

"A functional PK" then on to

"A coach with a brain"

Babcock got absolutely schooled by Cassidy. I can distinctly remember Hughson and Simpson almost laughing at how stupid Babcock was being with line matching.

Tom Wilson and "insert random bottom pairing tough guy" arent the answer to our Boston problems

You are correct but does that mean we can stand pat and Tom Wilson might not be part of the solution to beating the Bruins ? I doubt Bruins will stand pat.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Mitch is becoming easier to defend because his shot is still not a threat. He is compared to Pat Kane but Kane is the clearly the better goal scorer to date.

Literally the opposite. Mitch and Matthews are amongst the league leaders in points the past two months. They are harder to defend them almost anyone else.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Literally the opposite. Mitch and Matthews are amongst the league leaders in points the past two months. They are harder to defend them almost anyone else.

Mitch and Matthews are a threat. Sure but you can bet in the playoffs teams will concentrate on Matthews because Mitch is hesitant to shoot from outside the circle. If Mitch was a threat to score from outside the circle, they would be even more lethal.

How many points does Mitch put up playing with Kerfoot and Johnsson ?? Doubt 100.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Just looking at the way Boston played rough shod over Montreal surely dictates the need for added size and toughness on our blue line. At least a couple of D that can actually lay out a few hard checks. Can't leave it all up to Muzzin to do by himself.
Biggest problem we have is Tampa and Boston play 2 completely different games. Tampa very similar to us. When Vasi gets red hot like he is right now they are hard to beat. But Vasi can also sh*t da bed like he did last year in playoffs combined with Columbus muscling them.

Boston plays a grind it out game. With the odd real cheap shot from Chara like last night which should have been a 5 game suspension but of course it was not even called a penalty. And the skill and plays from the top line which can also grind it out.

It is very hard to put together a roster to beat both teams. We can say all we want we have to outskate Boston but it is d*mn hard on a much smaller ice surface and with way Bruins play their half ice game. But I think we can skate and match skill with Tampa. Then of course it becomes a Freddy vs Vasi matchup to decide who advances. Neither guy has shown an ability to get it done so far so I will take my chances with tampa.

Reactions: CelticDruid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->