Injury Report: Playoff Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Agent: Good news on Conor Timmins

Free article. Doesn't say what it is/was for sure, and Dater just speculates as the rest of us do. Even though he's "feeling better" it still doesn't inspire any confidence with his longterm health moving forward knowing that 1 more hit would/could probably end his career.

These quotes sound like something his agent would say after a concussion.

“I just talked to Conor, and he told me he’s feeling much better,” Thun told Colorado Hockey Now. “He’s home now (in the Toronto area) and he’s in very good spirits.”

“I told Conor, ‘look, that’s great, but take some time and let’s talk again in another week or so.’ But certainly, it was good to hear that from him.”

Reactions: Nihiliste

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
These quotes sound like something his agent would say after a concussion.

“I just talked to Conor, and he told me he’s feeling much better,” Thun told Colorado Hockey Now. “He’s home now (in the Toronto area) and he’s in very good spirits.”

“I told Conor, ‘look, that’s great, but take some time and let’s talk again in another week or so.’ But certainly, it was good to hear that from him.”
100% concussion. No one wants to talk about the elephant in the room. If it was anything else they would mention it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No way should we pencil that guy in next season’s lineup. Sakic has to get us the D we need. Also, banking on Byram being ready would be a mistake because the threshold is not ready to play in the NHL for a bottom feeder anymore, it’s ready to play in the playoffs and perform.

We need to make sure that Timmins and/or Byram steal a roster spot in camp to make it.
They will make the decision on Byram long before camp, it’s a matter of commitment to plan your roster to carry him or not. These are not things that get decided in camp. He’s not some random prospect, he’s considered one of the best outside the NHL. Either they want to work with that talent or they don’t. Good teams find a way to keep adding young talent, see Boston and Tampa Bay.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think it'd be that big a deal if the Avalanche didn't go big on defense this offseason. They already have two incredibly talented blueliners and one of the best defensive prospects in hockey. Beyond that they have a decent placeholder, an injury-prone but still useful top-four guy, and a veteran stopgap third pairing guy who should at least be noticeably better next season. If they're gonna go big, it should be to either add a legit star winger onto that 2nd line or top-end third line center. I don't know why people are freaking out so bad if Ryan Graves starts out the year on the top pairing. If EJ isn't good to go, then yeah I'm a little concerned, but that doesn't mean they should break the bank to bring in someone at a position they're already strong at. And obviously there are some huge concerns about Conor Timmins but it ain't yet time to just write him off entirely.

I'd like for Sakic to be "all in" this offseason, but I also don't think the Avs absolutely HAVE to be a cap team this upcoming season. The only question I have now that I didn't going into this season is whether or not they're fine with the goaltending tandem they currently have.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don't think it'd be that big a deal if the Avalanche didn't go big on defense this offseason. They already have two incredibly talented blueliners and one of the best defensive prospects in hockey. Beyond that they have a decent placeholder, an injury-prone but still useful top-four guy, and a veteran stopgap third pairing guy who should at least be noticeably better next season. If they're gonna go big, it should be to either add a legit star winger onto that 2nd line or top-end third line center. I don't know why people are freaking out so bad if Ryan Graves starts out the year on the top pairing. If EJ isn't good to go, then yeah I'm a little concerned, but that doesn't mean they should break the bank to bring in someone at a position they're already strong at. And obviously there are some huge concerns about Conor Timmins but it ain't yet time to just write him off entirely.

I'd like for Sakic to be "all in" this offseason, but I also don't think the Avs absolutely HAVE to be a cap team this upcoming season. The only question I have now that I didn't going into this season is whether or not they're fine with the goaltending tandem they currently have.

Yeah, I think Graves will be ok next year. He was playing in his first postseason and it showed. It doesn’t change the fact that he had a very strong regular season.

As much as I’d love a guy like Lindholm to pair with Makar, I wouldn’t panic seeing Graves there again. I’d just like to see the coaching staff tone down his offensive aggression and help him realize the pass back to his partner is never a bad thing.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm very pleased to hear that the issue with Frankie was due to an injury and not because he folded under pressure. Knowing what we know now I am more than OK to go back to that tandem next season as long as they are looking at better ways to keep them healthy throughout the season and playoffs. It just sucks we wasted a very good opportunity at a SC though.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'm very pleased to hear that the issue with Frankie was due to an injury and not because he folded under pressure. Knowing what we know now I am more than OK to go back to that tandem next season as long as they are looking at better ways to keep them healthy throughout the season and playoffs. It just sucks we wasted a very good opportunity at a SC though.

The injury would explain why it looked like he wasn’t battling for pucks in front of the net. He probably just couldn’t move very well.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just read the Joe Q/A...

It's both frustrating and relieving to know he was battling an injury.

On the one hand, I'm definitely more comfortable to go into next year with Gruby/Frank in net again. Healthy, those two provide as good of value as you can find around the league.

On the other hand... Can't help but wonder if we had turned to Hutch sooner, could thinga have wound up a lot differently?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Just read the Joe Q/A...

On the one hand, I'm definitely more comfortable to go into next year with Gruby/Frank in net again. Healthy, those two provide as good of value as you can find around the league.

On the other hand... Can't help but wonder if we had turned to Hutch sooner, could thinga have wound up a lot differently?

Certainly looking back they waited too long to make the change.

I think it speaks to how little faith they had in Hutchinson that they kept trotting out an injured Francouz. Ultimately Hutch ended up surprising with his unexpected mediocre play.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agent: Good news on Conor Timmins

Free article. Doesn't say what it is/was for sure, and Dater just speculates as the rest of us do. Even though he's "feeling better" it still doesn't inspire any confidence with his longterm health moving forward knowing that 1 more hit would/could probably end his career.
I dont see any reason why they need to be secretive about it. If he hurt his shoulder just say so but if he suffered another concussion I can see why they might wanna keep that under wraps. So im going to assume because they havent just come out and said what it was that Timmins suffered another concussion.

Reactions: missionAvs

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just read the Joe Q/A...

Coach Q asked that same question when he elected to start Turek for games 1-4 instead of Johnson.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They will make the decision on Byram long before camp, it’s a matter of commitment to plan your roster to carry him or not. These are not things that get decided in camp. He’s not some random prospect, he’s considered one of the best outside the NHL. Either they want to work with that talent or they don’t. Good teams find a way to keep adding young talent, see Boston and Tampa Bay.
Let me put this another way:
They know a lot more than we do and saw what he can do. If they feel that he is going to be 100% ready to contribute to a long playoff run then by all means have him in the lineup.

But we as fan can’t know that. So my stance is “show me” that you can crack this lineup for real and not be handed a roster spot. If they don’t improve our D both in talent and depth and just “go with youth” for another year I will be extremely pissed. The time is not to wait, the time is to plug all possible holes and make this team a contender.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Let me put this another way:
They know a lot more than we do and saw what he can do. If they feel that he is going to be 100% ready to contribute to a long playoff run then by all means have him in the lineup.

But we as fan can’t know that. So my stance is “show me” that you can crack this lineup for real and not be handed a roster spot. If they don’t improve our D both in talent and depth and just “go with youth” for another year I will be extremely pissed. The time is not to wait, the time is to plug all possible holes and make this team a contender.
If they decide to keep the D as is going into next season then you are gonna burn another year away. The D is not deep/good enough today to make a long run. I want Byram to earn his spot and not have it given. Prove he can be an everyday NHL player.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

No specifics here, but man were they banged up.

What a way to end the season. I know teams get banged up in the playoffs but this is ridiculous. Most of the carnage happened in a couple of days to a week, too.

I guess Z had a fracture in his forearm, too? Why else would you have surgery on your forearm?

Last edited:
Reactions: klozge

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we should trust your conspiracy instead? I haven't read it, but I swear I saw some reports on twitter where Sakic labelled it as a lower-body injury. I don't think he's lying there...

"I don’t know if I can delve too much into injuries. But I know (Pavel) Francouz was battling it up. His injury was up until the point he just couldn’t go any more. He tried but he couldn’t be the goalie that we know he is."

That's all he said about Francouz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad