Injury Report: Playoff Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m sure Burkie got a bruise and there was no reason to send him back out to possibly make it worse. Glad it seems like nothing is broken.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Is Colin Wilson alive?

4bvcj8.jpg

Seriously, I wish he were available. He was very effective in last year’s playoffs.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Last time I checked, it takes 4 wins to close out a series.

You know, normally I'd be sitting here saying the 4th win is the hardest one to get. But watching this Arizona team, they're the worst playoff team I've ever seen. Kuemper isn't going to steal three games in a row.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater: "Vladislav Namestnikov continues to be termed “day-to-day” by Bednar. He may have a tough time getting back in the lineup now though, given how well Tyson Jost has been playing."

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Macdonald: "Bednar mentioned Val Nichushkin was held off the ice today to deal with some “bumps and bruises” he suffered in the last series. He said everyone else was on the ice, so expect Vlad Namestnikov back in the second round."

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dater: "Vladislav Namestnikov continues to be termed “day-to-day” by Bednar. He may have a tough time getting back in the lineup now though, given how well Tyson Jost has been playing."
Lol Dater. Tyson Jost isn't going to keep Namestnikov out of the lineup even with Namestnikov's poor play. He's just a far superior hockey player.

Reactions: Avs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

No specifics here, but man were they banged up.

That's interesting though.

I genuinely think Frankie was playing hurt now. My detective work makes me think he was hiding the injury a little bit because of how dire the situation was going to be if he couldn't play and after his brutal game 4 performance he finally spoke up about not being 100% and that's when we turned to Hutch.

There was one particular sequence in game 4 on a rebound goal on the PP, Frankie made the initial save but in the scramble in front of the net he basically made zero attempt to track the puck or try and stay in front of it and the Stars scored on essentially a wide open net. Especially having watched him play and battle all year long, that sequence looked really off to me. I'll see if I can find a video of the goal I'm referencing.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
That's interesting though.

I genuinely think Frankie was playing hurt now. My detective work makes me think he was hiding the injury a little bit because of how dire the situation was going to be if he couldn't play and after his brutal game 4 performance he finally spoke up about not being 100% and that's when we turned to Hutch.

There was one particular sequence in game 4 on a rebound goal on the PP, Frankie made the initial save but in the scramble in front of the net he basically made zero attempt to track the puck or try and stay in front of it and the Stars scored on essentially a wide open net. Especially having watched him play and battle all year long, that sequence looked really off to me. I'll see if I can find a video of the goal I'm referencing.
I think I remember. He basically just casually stuck his glove hand out.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Agent: Good news on Conor Timmins

Free article. Doesn't say what it is/was for sure, and Dater just speculates as the rest of us do. Even though he's "feeling better" it still doesn't inspire any confidence with his longterm health moving forward knowing that 1 more hit would/could probably end his career.
No way should we pencil that guy in next season’s lineup. Sakic has to get us the D we need. Also, banking on Byram being ready would be a mistake because the threshold is not ready to play in the NHL for a bottom feeder anymore, it’s ready to play in the playoffs and perform.

We need to make sure that Timmins and/or Byram steal a roster spot in camp to make it.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
No way should we pencil that guy in next season’s lineup. Sakic has to get us the D we need. Also, banking on Byram being ready would be a mistake because the threshold is not ready to play in the NHL for a bottom feeder anymore, it’s ready to play in the playoffs and perform.

We need to make sure that Timmins and/or Byram steal a roster spot in camp to make it.

This x1000000. The time for waiting for prospects to pan out is over IMO. Timmins, as promising as he is/sounds, is just another Bigras for the time being and until proven otherwise. Byram I can understand banking on in some manner due to the fact that he is the more promising prospect with higher upside but we can't just give it to him. They're both going to have to beat out a current roster player.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think I remember. He basically just casually stuck his glove hand out.

Yep that was the one. He took one small swiping movement with his glove for the puck and that was it, almost no other movement.

For a guy who usually has lots of movement and is often more then willing to really sprawl out for desperation saves even when he has almost no chance. So to see him just make that swipe and nothing else was different to see.

Reactions: Richard88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad